Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I'm done - bye all and good luck!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why I'm done - bye all and good luck!

Going
02.05.2018 , 11:52 AM | #11
The whole game is a waste of time, it is what it is. Play it if you enjoy it, go outside if you don't.
If outside is waste of time, then come back in and play swtor.
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos

AlrikFassbauer
02.05.2018 , 12:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisforester View Post
I loved lowbie pvp when ppl actually died- even healers!
I did nothing but die in there - that's why I quit PvP. I felt so much farmed as a lowbie.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Jadescythe
02.05.2018 , 01:23 PM | #13
Gear really isn't that big of deal from my experience in regs. Bolster is enough to keep you competitive. I'd be all for removing guard though. It's a mechanic geared for competitive play and regs really aren't a competitive environment. It will shorten the gap between premade comps and PUGs as well as create a more chaotic environment that most casual PvPers are looking for.

But I don't expect anything to change positively for PvP anytime soon. Maybe if they recruit a dev who actually knows something about the content.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Floplag
02.05.2018 , 02:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Going View Post
The whole game is a waste of time, it is what it is. Play it if you enjoy it, go outside if you don't.
If outside is waste of time, then come back in and play swtor.
There are many other good games in the MMO genre. It isnt like were stuck with just SWTOR.

I myself have gone back to playing WoW more in prep for the expansion, if anyone else does and wants my battle tag let me know.

But i would also recommend Guild Wars 2, ESO, Final Fantasy.

I will always come back to this game when they give me a reason to, the SW property alone of enough for me to do that, but when it gets dull and there isnt much to do, i play something else... or get on my bike, or whatever
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Kinsal
02.05.2018 , 05:11 PM | #15
Your wise to bail I'm most likely out again when my sub runs up, A bit of insider knowledge those that have worked on this game won't even place it on a Resume that how embarrassed they are of it. Those that are left on this game are here cause they have no other place to go or hoping they get shipped to another project. This game is a huge punch line in the industry outside of proving the loot box theory which EA is so desperately is trying to push into other games. The crew on this is beyond skeleton it is in every sense of the word maintenance mode with just doing the least amount of dev work to stay in compliance with the license requirements. Once that contract is up it well not be renewed. (contract was for 10 years)

Wimbleton
02.06.2018 , 07:54 AM | #16
This games best quality is that there are no other PVP mmorpg's that have come out in the last 3 years that are worth a ****. So you're options are play this, or jump into some other MMORPG that is either in a mature phase or sucks.

Camelot Unchained and/or Crowfall will take the rest of us.

-Bob-
02.06.2018 , 11:18 AM | #17
I jumped back over to WoW for a few months, Legion was alright but i couldn't get back into the PVP there and the PVE stuff gets extremely boring to me after awhile.
GW2 isn't appealing to me at all. graphically it felt like an anime cartoon and i just dont get into anime, it's not for me.
I liked the original GW when it came out but it never caught on and was buried under vanilla WoW.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Floplag
02.06.2018 , 11:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
I jumped back over to WoW for a few months, Legion was alright but i couldn't get back into the PVP there and the PVE stuff gets extremely boring to me after awhile.
GW2 isn't appealing to me at all. graphically it felt like an anime cartoon and i just dont get into anime, it's not for me.
I liked the original GW when it came out but it never caught on and was buried under vanilla WoW.
This was true of a lot of decent MMOs really, Rift would be another that comes to mind that i though was pretty good as well that didn't really get much love.

I could see how someone would see GW2 that way though that never occurred to me.

ESO didnt catch my eye as it didnt really seem to have a ranged dps option till much later one due to how the talent system worked so i didnt like how it progressed myself.

There is no perfect game in the genre, never has been or will be. For me, this game will always have my eye due to the SW property alone, but im not going to play it daily if there is simply nothing for me to do. Even PvP has become toxic and unplayable for various reasons. When there is something to do, i will be here, when there is not, well it comes down to what do you want out of a game you invest time in, and content is the biggest thing for me in that regard so my choice is pretty clear.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth