Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A counter to sniper?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A counter to sniper?

Lundorff
02.03.2018 , 11:43 AM | #1
I primarily roll with a dps jugg in ranked ( yes I know), and snipers are the bane of my existence. What class is currently the best counter for a decent sniper? Another sniper? Sin? Mara?

Oh and how is you final season ranked level determined? What ever you have the second the season ends, or the highest level you archived during the season?

SlimeyDoom
02.03.2018 , 11:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
I primarily roll with a dps jugg in ranked ( yes I know), and snipers are the bane of my existence. What class is currently the best counter for a decent sniper? Another sniper? Sin? Mara?

Oh and how is you final season ranked level determined? What ever you have the second the season ends, or the highest level you archived during the season?
Another sniper is the best counter for sniper because diversion. Top 3 titles go off of end of season ratings, but their tier 1/2/3 stuff is off of your highest earned.

krosswong
02.03.2018 , 12:04 PM | #3
There's literally a thread right above yours complaining about just the opposite.

Maybe you two should compare notes.
The Guildkiller Legacy

Harbinger's #1 pub side trash.

KendraP
02.03.2018 , 12:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by krosswong View Post
There's literally a thread right above yours complaining about just the opposite.

Maybe you two should compare notes.
Technically it's below now

Aeneas_Falco
02.03.2018 , 07:51 PM | #5
Other than other Snipers, Fury Maras or Arsenal Mercs.

merovejec
09.11.2018 , 08:11 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Other than other Snipers, Fury Maras or Arsenal Mercs.
Even Fury maras have it hard, even now the Snipers are the OP class, just look at ranked leaderboards, they have most rating, so its clear they need a nerf.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Severith
09.11.2018 , 09:11 AM | #7
Skank tanks are the best counter to snipers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MO7fkZc5o

MuskyBoy
09.11.2018 , 09:14 AM | #8
Well lets be honest Bioware showed a complete lack of understanding of their classes when they gave a turret class the ability to have what basically amounts to as hydraulic overrides for nearly 30 seconds continuously with certain utilities (seek cover, reestablish range) .

Severith
09.11.2018 , 09:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MuskyBoy View Post
Well lets be honest Bioware showed a complete lack of understanding of their classes when they gave a turret class the ability to have what basically amounts to as hydraulic overrides for nearly 30 seconds continuously with certain utilities (seek cover, reestablish range) .
It's even worse than that, I stun a merc or PT when they pop HO. You can't stun and leap to a sniper unless you've survived 30 seconds of entrench while they're dpsing you + root and knock you back. A vengence jugg doesn't get their most useful feature (stun immunity and dr for leaping) and the rage jugg isn't going to last that long to begin with.

It really is bad class design, like you said.

MuskyBoy
09.11.2018 , 09:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
It's even worse than that, I stun a merc or PT when they pop HO. You can't stun and leap to a sniper unless you've survived 30 seconds of entrench while they're dpsing you + root and knock you back. A vengence jugg doesn't get their most useful feature (stun immunity and dr for leaping) and the rage jugg isn't going to last that long to begin with.

It really is bad class design, like you said.
Yeah I understand why Mercs and Sorcs have good mobility (because they can be leapt to if the don't kite properly) but a sniper can't be leapt to yet can literally outrun every melee class in the game. GG Bioware