Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Customization

MidhunRaj
02.03.2018 , 02:21 AM | #1
Hi, i was wondering what happens to companion customization and gear when i get them back again? do they keep them? or do they go back to normal default look and armor? (for head canon reasons)

SteveTheCynic
02.03.2018 , 03:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MidhunRaj View Post
Hi, i was wondering what happens to companion customization and gear when i get them back again? do they keep them? or do they go back to normal default look and armor? (for head canon reasons)
In all cases that I've seen so far, the old gear-for-looks you gave them will appear in your inventory, and they will have a *NEW* default look. Their body, face, and hair(1) will be the default appearance, while they have all had new armour and weapon(s).

(1) Hair or other head decoration, obviously. Kaliyo, AJ, and Vette don't have hair.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

MidhunRaj
02.03.2018 , 07:09 AM | #3
that's what i was afraid of.. i am not gonna dress up them then...

JediQuaker
02.03.2018 , 09:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MidhunRaj View Post
that's what i was afraid of..
There's nothing to be afraid of. As the above poster said, you get the armor they were wearing in your inventory and you can just put it back on them
For example, I recently did the "mission" to get Risha back on a Gunslinger. Before the mission, I had already gotten her back through the terminal in the Odessen base and she had a customization and an "outfit". After the mission, I can't recall if her customization was still fitted, or if it was in my inventory, but I can say for sure that neither the customization nor her "outfit" were lost. She looks the same now as she did before the mission.

P.S. She also came back with the same influence level (50),

Adric_the_Red
02.03.2018 , 05:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
There's nothing to be afraid of. As the above poster said, you get the armor they were wearing in your inventory and you can just put it back on them
For example, I recently did the "mission" to get Risha back on a Gunslinger. Before the mission, I had already gotten her back through the terminal in the Odessen base and she had a customization and an "outfit". After the mission, I can't recall if her customization was still fitted, or if it was in my inventory, but I can say for sure that neither the customization nor her "outfit" were lost. She looks the same now as she did before the mission.
Same result when I did this. Nothing lost, just had to put their "good" clothes back on them.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

MidhunRaj
02.05.2018 , 10:46 AM | #6
I am not worried about armor that much, i just want to confirm if they keep their appearance(customization).. because it would be weird if they kept changing their face throughout the story..

PorsaLindahl
02.06.2018 , 04:56 AM | #7
I did all 3 of the new returns. They all had the same customization I put them in years ago. The clothing changed, and appeared in my invtentory, as mentioned above. But the customizations stuck.

ImmortalLowlife
02.07.2018 , 08:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
I did all 3 of the new returns. They all had the same customization I put them in years ago. The clothing changed, and appeared in my invtentory, as mentioned above. But the customizations stuck.
It was the same for me. They had the custom appearances, but new clothes.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!