Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Friendly advice to Maras

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Friendly advice to Maras

ilfiriel_azurian's Avatar


ilfiriel_azurian
02.04.2018 , 02:40 PM | #61
And lightning sorc is a AOE Spec as referred above ... please find me a parse above 8k for deception or concealment, I will wait.
Targaryen Legacy
Ilfiriel N‚erys ńerion
D‚enerys ńegon

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
02.04.2018 , 04:28 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by ilfiriel_azurian View Post
And lightning sorc is a AOE Spec as referred above ... please find me a parse above 8k for deception or concealment, I will wait.
Have you not seen biowares dps charts before?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...43#edit9333043

Lightning sorc
Quote:
Ranged Burst Damage Dealers (down to -5% of target DPS)
Arsenal Mercenary / Gunnery Command
Lightning Sorcerer / Telekinetics Sage
Marksmanship Sniper / Sharpshooter Gunslinger

ilfiriel_azurian's Avatar


ilfiriel_azurian
02.04.2018 , 05:31 PM | #63
Again deception has got no AOEs. In that very game (where hoppin got 14k) the maximum it could have done is about 9k, depending on apm, misses, dcds, kiting, and uptime. It absolutely doesn't matter that lightning is 5% down, it has relatively strong AOEs and is all yellow damage which means you can run with 0 accuracy and no misses.
Targaryen Legacy
Ilfiriel N‚erys ńerion
D‚enerys ńegon

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
02.04.2018 , 06:14 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by ilfiriel_azurian View Post
Again deception has got no AOEs. In that very game (where hoppin got 14k) the maximum it could have done is about 9k, depending on apm, misses, dcds, kiting, and uptime. It absolutely doesn't matter that lightning is 5% down, it has relatively strong AOEs and is all yellow damage which means you can run with 0 accuracy and no misses.
That doesn't change the fact lightning is supposed to be a burst spec.

I'm genuinely not sure what your point is at the end of the day.

ilfiriel_azurian's Avatar


ilfiriel_azurian
02.04.2018 , 06:31 PM | #65
Essentially I agree with you, just that some classes cannot do more than 10k because they don't have AOEs or DOT spread, or because they are melee and in PvP every second of damage matters. (Essentially no class has a single target parse higher than 10.5 k so to go beyond that you need AOE spam/DOT spreading.)
Targaryen Legacy
Ilfiriel N‚erys ńerion
D‚enerys ńegon

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
02.04.2018 , 08:14 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
That doesn't change the fact lightning is supposed to be a burst spec.

I'm genuinely not sure what your point is at the end of the day.
The point he is making is that with a bunch of grouped up people, a lightning sorc will actually do a lot of extra damage due to chain lightning hitting other enemies, so even though on single target their damage is down, on grouped up enemies their will have higher dps then the other burst specs.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Eastiano's Avatar


Eastiano
02.04.2018 , 08:48 PM | #67
Iíve been in a game where a fury mara got 9.5k dps, was a full novare coast so props to him, I even whispered him after the game saying gratz.

But yeah I mean those high numbers are doable ofc just rare, I still havenít beaten my pb of just short of 8k for like agggggeeess...

Those setup arena ssís tho made me lol hard 😂, 4 heals n madness sorc, cmon hahahahahaha

RACATW's Avatar


RACATW
02.04.2018 , 10:41 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by ilfiriel_azurian View Post
Essentially I agree with you, just that some classes cannot do more than 10k because they don't have AOEs or DOT spread, or because they are melee and in PvP every second of damage matters. (Essentially no class has a single target parse higher than 10.5 k so to go beyond that you need AOE spam/DOT spreading.)
Yeah I know what youre saying. I used to have a carnage mara until they ruined the playstyle.

Purgamentorum's Avatar


Purgamentorum
02.05.2018 , 05:51 AM | #69
did no one else notice Trixxe and Grimm finally left to go get a room?

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
02.05.2018 , 07:05 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Purgamentorum View Post
did no one else notice Trixxe and Grimm finally left to go get a room?
Maybe they finally realized this entire thread was started as a joke?