Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Things you can do with a 3-player group plus companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Things you can do with a 3-player group plus companion

Chaosataoist
02.01.2018 , 07:22 AM | #1
Say you have a group of 3 decently geared (240ish) players plus a 50 inf. companion - which content can you do that isnít normally advertised as being for only 3 players?

I assume all flashpoints and uprisings, but what about any operations? Any world bosses or other tough targets? Is the final macrobinocular heroic doable with three (I know seeker droid is)?

Appreciate any insight if anyone has experience doing things this way.

KendraP
02.01.2018 , 08:15 AM | #2
Any time you have 4 or more players in a group the comp will be unable to be summoned. I believe they also get some kind of debuff for world bosses and won't attack them, but I could be wrong.

But yeah definately most flashpoints and uprisings, depending on how good someone is at micromanaging their comp. I have no idea on the macrobinocular missions as I don't do them.

viernedeuxieme
02.01.2018 , 08:34 AM | #3
You can't go into an operation instance without being in an ops group, and you can't be in an ops group with a companion. Most Master mode flashpoints can probably be cleared with 3 players and 1 companion, and everything in Vet mode can be cleared with less, including Copero.

I haven't really explored doing world bosses with small groups but I have 3-manned some of the easier ones like R4-GL without companions (1T, 1D, 1H). World bosses also have the Terrifying buff which basically renders your companion useless so really, the only reason to have it around is for Heroic Moment, so make sure whoever has their companion out has the most abilities.

DawnAskham
02.01.2018 , 09:03 AM | #4
All four player content can be cleared with three + comp, most with less than three, though some require heavy micro managing of companions.

WB debuffs the comp, so they are useless other than having the ability to use Heroic Moment.

Comps cannot be summoned in Ops - though many Ops can be done with fewer players than the stated number.

No idea about those other seeker macro things - couldn't stand those in RotHC and have never bothered with them - but unless there are some switches or something that require physical players to interact with all at once, they should be possible.

merovejec
02.02.2018 , 12:19 AM | #5
You can clear ANY 4man content in the game on ANY difficulty if the comp is rank 50 and person managing him knows what he is doing. Its mostly very simple, just a few bosses on Master Mode are a bit challenging for this.

Having done most of the FPS with this constellation (even newest Copero and Umbara) I can only confirm it.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

phalczen
02.02.2018 , 08:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
No idea about those other seeker macro things - couldn't stand those in RotHC and have never bothered with them - but unless there are some switches or something that require physical players to interact with all at once, they should be possible.
Well the macrobinoculars heroic 4 requires physical interaction for sure. Seeker droid I can't recall.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

juliushorst
02.03.2018 , 04:27 PM | #7
Seeker droid final mission can be easily done with 2 people + 2 companions.

olagatonjedi
02.03.2018 , 05:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
Seeker droid final mission can be easily done with 2 people + 2 companions.
Seeker droid is soloable.

Chaosataoist
02.03.2018 , 05:51 PM | #9
Right, I forgot about not being able to summon a companion in an ops group. Still, if we have a competent healer and tank, are any of the operations worth trying with just three people?

It's good to know about the world bosses' debuff too, I had no idea. We'll have to try the easier ones.