Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New massive initiative to request translation of SWTOR into Spanish and help the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New massive initiative to request translation of SWTOR into Spanish and help the game

baluarte
02.02.2018 , 03:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
This petition should have been made *before* launch.

Having a couple of hundred people ask for it now is just... a waste of the energy it takes to keep that page available.
This request has been made many times.
And it is not a request, when the game was sold in Spain and in Latin America, we were promised that it would be translated after a few months or what is the same, we were cheated.
We do not have a couple of hundred, we have four hundred and other previous proposals had more than a thousand signatures.

LordFell
02.02.2018 , 03:35 PM | #22
I regularly encounter Spanish speaking players in my North American server. They're here, they put money into the game, just like I do... I don't think this is an unreasonable thing to ask for.

...yeah, it won't be cheap to do, but it should be done. I even understand (from reading previous requests of the same thing) that they're "ok" not having Spanish voice acting... so, they'd still be paying the same money for less game play. I've signed this.

Jadescythe
02.02.2018 , 03:37 PM | #23
I'm all for it, but they can't find 10 minutes to fix major bugs, so I'm guessing they don't have the resources to do this even if they wanted to.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Yeldah_
02.02.2018 , 06:44 PM | #24
This is not an unreasonable request by the original poster. Bioware and EA need to pay more attention to their "out of America fans." This Australasian player stands with you.

Te deseo suerte en esto. Que la fuerza esté con usted.

Hope that says what I think it does. Regardless I hope this petition succeeds.

baluarte
02.04.2018 , 05:50 AM | #25
Thanks to all for the support,

And to those who do not support the idea, we respect your reasons.
In any case, we represent a community of more than 400 players, who want to enter SWTOR and ask, please, to be heard.
We believe that we can economically help the game and for this reason we ask the administrators of the forum to raise our request and give us an answer to be able to inform these more than 400 players.

@Keith
@Eric

Our test is here CHANGE.ORG

kirorx
02.04.2018 , 06:44 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jamoup View Post
Fixed it for Ya! And I support this.
That was Great.

kirorx
02.04.2018 , 06:46 AM | #27
Spanish FTW.

Celise
02.04.2018 , 07:07 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by baluarte View Post
At the beginning of SWTOR, the Hispanic community was promised that the game would be translated into Spanish. This never happened and many players who waited for the translation to enter the game, never bought it, despite being fans of Star Wars and the Old Republic.

Now, many years later, the game reduces its population on servers and the Hispanic Community continues to hope for its translation.
Only the game interface and the subtitles, is what the community asked for. Something that many members of the community would do willingly, totally free.

We recently opened a petition in Change.ORG asking for this, and in a short time we have 400 signatures of players interested in entering SWTOR and this will continue to rise.
With hundreds of new subscriptions, the game would have more chances of surviving more years.
The investment in translating interface and subtitles is not so great and for that reason, we ask that the position of SWTOR be reconsidered on retaking this theme, long requested by the fans.

Change.ORG
Official Website of the Proposal
i'm sure you meant well, but i would imagine such a translation would cost money from whatever development budget bioware might have left these days. besides that, the player population may not be large enough to warrent such an addition or even another server for the spanish/portugese players.

You should of tried to this petition a few years ago when it could of mattered.

Dbohrius
02.04.2018 , 09:05 AM | #29
I highly doubt it will happen, but I'll sign it
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!

Khaleg
02.04.2018 , 09:11 AM | #30
It was kinda stupid, ignorant and short-sighted to not release it also in spanish, I believe the 4th most spoken language worldwide, after Chinese, Hindi and English. But at this point, with all the the voice acting? No way...