Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of mats in ranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Get rid of mats in ranked

KendraP
02.04.2018 , 12:03 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
The population playing ranked is very low comapred to the general PVP population...

Bioware has to force people into ranked to keep the game mode active. What reason would anyone have to que ranked of any form ? What do you think ?
For me come up with some form of ranked that's not an arena. That would get me to try it more.in the meantime j got my mats (winning more than losing) and bye, have fun talking about how awesome you all are because you play ranked.

Janglor
02.04.2018 , 01:23 PM | #42
Group ranked never popped spontaneously before they added in materials as a reward. Now it pops all the time. Are half of those teams terrible throw togethers? Yeah. But some mediocre content is better than no content at all. It also gives people a chance to get their feet wet without getting globaled every round.

Hell they should go a step further and make Group Ranked give giant conquest rewards, so the BBB/Aftermath/Evolution conquest guilds have incentive to form the best team they can and try to make it work.

For any ELO system to work effectively, the single most important factor is participation of the maximum amount of players possible. Materials/conquest/credit rewards accomplish that. Give people an incentive to try to win.
STOP RESISTING
Janglor
Bo'Jangles
Diabeetus

Jrbabar
02.04.2018 , 01:44 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by themasterofevil View Post
This is causing ranked to no longer feel like ranked, but more like reg arena matches where 1 team is actually playing to win and the other is throwing. Queuing for solo isn't even fun anymore because basically every match is a 1v4 or 2v4 because the other 2-3 people on my team just throw for mats. I DO PVP TO HAVE FUN AND THIS ISN'T FUN.

I just want to play ranked games without having to essentially play 1v4 and lose all my games.
if you don't want certain people playing with you in ranked, que Granked - problem solved.

Monoth
02.05.2018 , 07:21 AM | #44
Personally I only do rank to get the mats but I always play to win. That said, I do sometimes get teammates that don't do anything so the match ends faster.. that does get a bit annoying...

The problem isn't so much the mats, it's that there really is no reward system in this game anymore, Bioware has kept any decent rewards to their cartel market. They want people to buy them instead of earn them in PvP or PvE content...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Foambreaker
02.06.2018 , 12:01 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
They should stay in Ranked in my opinion to encourage new people to give it a try, and hopefully stick around, *but* only be awarded for meeting certain damage, healing, or protection thresholds. The thresholds should be high enough that actual participation and trying to win is necessary.
New PvPers need to start in regs, not hamstring teams in ranked just for mats.

They really need to raise the valor requirement to WL or EWL.
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...

patricklee
02.06.2018 , 01:27 PM | #46
Lets face it: the only reason any type of arena or ranked pvp even exists in this game is because if it didn't there would be that vocal minority requesting it perpetually- just like in every mmo with any degree of pvp.

Its not an esport.

No massive tournaments with sponsors and huge cash prizes.

No livestreams garnering massive audiences.

No (or very little) semblance of class balance to maintain competitive balance.

Just some good ol' dumb fun.

The very notion that mats or some other form of extra incentive to promote activity simply illustrates that few are interested in the activity.

So may as well leave it as it is- this way those who do enjoy the activity benefit from more consistent queues, and those attracted to the incentives have yet another outlet to collect those materials.