Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of mats in ranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Get rid of mats in ranked

TrixxieTriss
01.30.2018 , 09:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
There should probably be one in the weekly, at least.

Bioware needs to increase the availability of the new mats for augments, so why not put it in the Reg weekly. I'd also throw it in the GSF and Operations weeklies.
Yep, agreed

merovejec
01.31.2018 , 01:31 AM | #12
Bioware needs to increase the availability of the new mats for augments, so why not put it in the Reg weekly. I'd also throw it in the GSF and Operations weeklies.
Well as far as I remember mats always were in Operations, since they were needed only for PVE, but since they removed PVP geared they kinda messed up the system. I think they should only be given to winning teams or so, since if you look at the leaderboards for group ranked its a mess.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

omaan
01.31.2018 , 05:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Maybe if they put some small amount of those mats in regs, people wouldn’t farm them in Ranked. The whole idea of putting them in Ranked was bad to start with.
They puted mats for tr only in order to revive tr. They must not put it for regs or sr because these two doesnt require any revive

Mournblood
01.31.2018 , 07:27 AM | #14
My advice, don't queue for solo ranked. It's a crapshoot if you'll be stuck with a window licker who doesn't care about anything other than getting his mats, or someone who actually has some competitive drive and wants to win. More often than not, it's the former, and add to that the toxicity of some players in there, it's just not worth the headache.

Group ranked, on the other hand, is definitely worth it. If you bring 3 of your friends and you're coordinating on VOIP, you're already at an advantage over the solo ranked musical chairs game. I don't agree with removing mats from ranked, because if you did that then ranked queues would dry up fast. I do however agree with the idea that mats should only be awarded to the winning team in order to incentivize putting in the effort to actually win. Rewarding players who's goal it is to lose or troll matches only encourages that poor behavior. While this would likely drive away some players who have no interest in trying to win, it would improve the quality of group ranked as those remaining who continue to queue would bring more challenging and competitive matches.
Mourne, Grim Determination (SS)

"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational guild!"

kissingaiur
01.31.2018 , 08:08 AM | #15
Putting mats in solo ranked is probably the dumbest thing the developers could have done. It creates this atmosphere of players who on one side are competitive and there for rating and on the other side are there to die and get mats. With the system in place there is no intensive for players who jump into solo queue for mats to need to be competitive. Remember, ranked pvp is suppose to be endgame hardcore content for pvpers yet it is being geared for players to get reward without participating or are not there to be competitive. This wouldn’t be an issue for games with higher competitive population so these players who come in to farm stay in their own Elo bracket. In swtor solo ranked players who want to be competitive are placed with players who don’t, that’s a major issue that needs to be addressed.

That’s in the same lines with putting mats in a solo ranked system for nightmare ops where people just want to die and let their team do everything. And in the end they still get rewarded. Doesn’t sound fair right? Because it isn’t.

I would fix this with at least making Solo ranked only giving a weekly mat reward. Another way would be to give reward based on your contribution in the team. If your dead in the first 10 seconds you should get a gold star at the end of the game.

For group ranked keep everything the same. Group ranked serious players have their own teams and mat farms have theirs. The system in group ranked isn’t forcing you to fight in the same team as someone who isn’t there to be competitive or want rating. If mat farmers want to get mats and don’t mind getting farmed it’s on them and you don’t have to have your rating suffer because of their mindset.

On a side note if I we’re to change something about group ranked the only thing I would for group ranked is just make match making force you into a tank/healer 2 dps set up. Help newbs learn that that is the best competitive strategy, and also keep cheese out of ranked.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Banderal
01.31.2018 , 09:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
I would fix this with at least making Solo ranked only giving a weekly mat reward.
It's already this way. Unless my daily ranked I just picked up yesterday after the update is foobar'd. The reward for the daily says I would get 40 components, a crafting box and 150 ranked tokens. Only the weekly solo I have gives Charged Matter Transwhateverers. I assumed the CMT were what everyone was talking about? Because those were the only things I found it difficult to get to make the new augs.

Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Another way would be to give reward based on your contribution in the team. If your dead in the first 10 seconds you should get a gold star at the end of the game.
I think players are too good at finding cheese ways to make any system view their input as "contribution". I have to survive for more than 10 seconds... no problem. I'll just never leave stealth. (Yes, I know that was just an example.)

I think it would be completely fair though, as others have already mentioned, to only award mats for wins. I don't know any way to fake the system into thinking you've won when your team actually lost. I guess "win trading" might count?
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Foambreaker
01.31.2018 , 11:35 AM | #17
They should stay in Ranked in my opinion to encourage new people to give it a try, and hopefully stick around, *but* only be awarded for meeting certain damage, healing, or protection thresholds. The thresholds should be high enough that actual participation and trying to win is necessary.
New people are not welcome in ranked.

Agreee 110% get the mats out of ranked, at least team ranked, solo is not really ranked anyway.
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...

Alec_Fortescue
01.31.2018 , 12:34 PM | #18
They really should remove them from solos because you have bads playing for an entirely weekly in a single day since there are no daily rewards.... In TR it doesn't hurt anyone but yolos is just cancerous with those people who come and ruin it to others for their dailies. Best thing to do is to queue dodge and sync with friends.

themasterofevil
01.31.2018 , 03:16 PM | #19
I think the devs should definitely award mats only for wins. I don't really care much about mats in team ranked because I play with friends who want to win. Solo, however, definitely needs to be changed.

As Hottie said earlier, they should force people into 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps comps. I agree 10000000000%. *Cough* 2 skank tank cheese strat *cough*
One Shôt - SS Slinger - Star Forge
One Shöt - MM Sniper - Star Forge
Änd - Medicine Operative - Star Forge

Zez-Kai-Ell
01.31.2018 , 05:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
New people are not welcome in ranked.

Agreee 110% get the mats out of ranked, at least team ranked, solo is not really ranked anyway.
and who are you to say who is and whos not allowed to play ranked? good thing you are not in coordination of this game, sorry sorry but just a comment is just selfish, this game is already sinking in population, the amount of players doing ranked eighter solo or group is extremely short and you and drive them even more? if you your ego need so much rate then go team rank with people you trust/like, solo is all about luck on wath setup you end and wath classes are against you, you serious cant expect everyone have same or decent skill at pvp do you?