Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

IcariiPriestess
02.14.2013 , 03:44 PM | #711
I'm a girl gamer and I completely disagree. There's something endearing about him. and I find the things he says really poetic and it really captures my attention and imagination. his whole situation/ story is completely different than just a regular person and that's what really makes it interesting to me. I haven't reached the end yet but I'm really happy with the story so far and absolutely love Vector.

sylvanaerie
02.16.2013 , 05:14 AM | #712
When I first found out the IA romance was a "Joiner" I wasn't too thrilled. Not a fan of bugs, insects, whatever. But I decided to give Vec a chance and get to know the character. He's effective DPS although a lot more squishy than some of the other companions. Since I'm an Operative-healer though we make a good team, him tearing them down and me doing the support. His banters get kind of annoying, but after listening to Theran's "I'm a pacifist" comments and Corso's good ole' boy's "yeeehaw's" for hours of play time, pretty much I can ignore anything.

As to the character himself, give him a chance and get to know him. The Vector romance is my favorite in the game because he is so sweet and supportive of the IA lady, and displays a remarkable vulnerability in some of his later scenes. He's used to having the support of the entire hive but his feelings for his lady are new territory for them, they can't help him with her,and he's going into scary 'feelings' territory blind.

I realize different strokes for different folks, if you don't like the character not much is going to make him appealing to you, but I don't see him that way at all. He's not my favorite character in the game, but he is my favorite romance.

Burana
03.29.2013 , 02:57 PM | #713
"We know the words you've spoken, your scent and your taste, your triumphs and your sacrifices. We know there's no other being whose song we'd rather hear as the days pass."

Totally disagree with the OP.

chuixupu
03.29.2013 , 03:20 PM | #714
I think that if anything, this thread has served to prove that Vector is possibly the best and most interesting romance in the game.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Rugi
03.29.2013 , 07:06 PM | #715
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I think that if anything, this thread has served to prove that Vector is possibly the best and most interesting romance in the game.
Which makes me sad that my IA is male and so is unable to romance Vector. ):

chuixupu
03.30.2013 , 02:21 AM | #716
So are all 3 of mine, but I can watch youtube videos.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

jovianus
03.30.2013 , 11:04 AM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by Rugi View Post
Which makes me sad that my IA is male and so is unable to romance Vector. ):
There should definitely be a bromance option Vector never left my side after I got him on Alderaan.

krakadyla
03.30.2013 , 01:12 PM | #718
Eh, bromance is all there -- I always read that my Agent and Vector were good friends, maybe because they saw mostly everything eye to eye, maybe because it's written well enough it didn't seem forced, maybe both. He also is the most well-adjusted character with the least amount of inner demons, and he's a part of bug hivemind. Kind of telling about Agent's entourage, innit.

(Right now, I'm grinding every gosh darn sidequest on gosh darn Balmorra just so that I could do Alderaan before Tattooine and swap Kaliyo's bloodthirsty arse for Vector one planet earlier).

Black_Angel_BR
05.18.2013 , 05:41 PM | #719
Quote: Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
I don't need him to fart lasers and burp rainbows, it'd just be nice if he wasn't, you know, an entity forever connected to a hivemind of ants.

First time I tried to flirt with him he asked me if I would like to rub forearms with him.

I rest my case.
I cracked up reading this
what is the conv name/number i must youtube it
Aaray - Zabrak - Mercenary Miato - Human - Marauder
See MY version of their storylines on http://black-angel-br.deviantart.com/gallery/ Deviantart and http://black-angel-br.tumblr.com/Aaray Tumblr

Roxas_kun
05.19.2013 , 09:08 AM | #720
None of the Agent's companions are romanceable material in my opinion...

Best romanceable character for me would be Lokin and I mean character wise.

Unfortunately, he's too old for my agent.