Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Tatile
01.08.2013 , 03:30 PM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
Vector walks in looking sheepish. A plump Killik larva is diligently tagging along at his heels. "It just followed us home, agent. Can we keep it?"
"The fingerlings, Agent, have ceased to be as tiny as they once were. This may be a problem."

Mutive
01.13.2013 , 10:59 AM | #702
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post

Though I do tend to think girl gamers get screwed for romance in this game:

Quinn: ...Yeah, no explanation needed
Pierce: Pretty limited
Tharan: Creepy and limited
Iresso: Boring
Vector: Bugs.
Jorgan: Really?
Doc: He's a d***
Andronikos: Also a d***
Torian: He's a child
Corso: Derp!
General flirts in SW storyline: Ugly old men. And Quinn.
I think so too. But to be fair, a lot of the male romances are:

Kaliyo: EVIL skank (I love her, but I can see how
Spoiler

Temple: Boring, then oh so creepy
Vette: Sick, twisted, and Stockholmed
Jaesa: Really demented. Just...really demented.
Ashara: Jail bait mixed with social worker. How can this go wrong?
Mako: Like dating your kid sister
Risha: Spoiled brat
Akaavi: Boring
Elara: Boring
Kira: (OKay, I have nothing bad to say about this one)
Nadia: So freaking twisted, I can't even start on it...

Although men get a lot more choices so less sympathy. But still...an awful lot of the female LIs are pretty twisted as well. (Or boring. Or, in Temple's case, both.)

chuixupu
01.13.2013 , 01:39 PM | #703
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post

Kaliyo: EVIL skank (I love her, but I can see how
Spoiler
What always bugged me about that was that

Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Jepac
01.15.2013 , 11:36 AM | #704
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
So, I see you can now get a Killik Drone Larva as a pet...
Ooh, how can one get those? I can just imagine my IA and Vector talking their larva for a walk...

lonna_slusk
01.15.2013 , 12:53 PM | #705
Another Vector fangirl chiming in here. He is the only romance option I've ever pursued in this game, so I don't have much to compare it to. But I love him. it's not just because he's basically the only companion who works for soloing with my healing Operative. It's not just because he wears light armor and runs around looking like a wizard in robes and a staff. It's not just because I think bugs are awesome (I think H. R. Giger is a genius, and I'm a fan of the Buggers from Ender's Game).

Vector is actually a nice guy, not an "acting nice to get in your pants" guy. He doesn't have a cliched dark and traumatic past, but his alien nature is dark and different enough to keep me interested. He manages to seem chivalrous without being sexist, and he has a gift for poetry. On the other hand, I can totally see why somebody would be creeped out by him as a romance option.

I might be the only person in IA history to think this, but I thought Watcher X was probably the coolest character in the entire game. If he were a romance option, I would probably start another character just to, uh, interface with his circuits. I see him as the only person who is eye-to-eye with the Agent on everything. Of course, he is probably incapable of anything resembling romantic feelings.

With that in mind, I did choose to
Spoiler

Also, for any BSG fans out there,
Spoiler

Darth_Precursor
01.15.2013 , 11:57 PM | #706
Quote: Originally Posted by lonna_slusk View Post
Also, for any BSG fans out there, a Watcher X/IA romance would make the "I'm a computer chip in your brain" sequence very Gaius Baltar.
I'd think of myself more as a Master Chief/Cortana couple haha
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

SageGaspar
01.19.2013 , 04:55 PM | #707
I liked Vector! Temple is blandy mc blanderson and Kaliyo is... just no. I also got a flirt option for SCORPIO, which is horrifying. I'd way rather have Vector.

Flaminica
01.23.2013 , 10:50 PM | #708
Quote: Originally Posted by lonna_slusk View Post
I might be the only person in IA history to think this, but I thought Watcher X was probably the coolest character in the entire game. If he were a romance option, I would probably start another character just to, uh, interface with his circuits. I see him as the only person who is eye-to-eye with the Agent on everything. Of course, he is probably incapable of anything resembling romantic feelings.
You're not alone. I thought Watcher X was fascinating enough that after leveling a sniper I modeled my operative after him. I just swapped races to mask it.
Spearshakers
||

chuixupu
01.24.2013 , 02:18 AM | #709
I agree about Watcher X as well, I thought he was an awesome character and I want him to return to the story somehow. I figure that despite the choices you can make it's still left somewhat open enough.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CloudCastle
01.24.2013 , 06:26 AM | #710
Quote:
You're not alone. I thought Watcher X was fascinating enough that after leveling a sniper I modeled my operative after him. I just swapped races to mask it.
I made a cyborg smuggler that looks an awful lot like Watcher X as well.