Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Crezelle
05.04.2012 , 09:03 PM | #591
i still want to have him watch someone getting joined, have him witness thier fear and mental anguish ( well the guy on pub alderaan quests looked pretty unhappy)... and ask him if he remembers having to go thru that, ask him if he was afraid, if he was in pain, if he felt he was dying...
ask him why they swarm, why they forcefully take prisoners, why they kill and cement dead people in the walls of thier nest..why the nest is lined with bones... i'm tired of rose coloured glasses ; ;

Spoiler
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

MeAliasX
05.05.2012 , 12:27 AM | #592
I'm a chick and I really enjoyed the Vector storyline and dialogue.

I thought it was well written and I liked his forays into the hive mind--I guess I just didn't see the bug in him. More of a guy with fantastic powers of telepathy and a silver tongue.

However, I do agree in that there should be at least 2 romance options per sex per class. Not everyone enjoys the same characters or story telling, and honestly, it can really ruin the story for those of us who like to build up our relationships with the companions (ahh Dragon's Age..would that there were another like you).

I played through both the Smuggler and Jedi Consular romance with female characters as well. Both classes only have one option for the female of that class (though some side-nookie is an option for either). Another would have been nice.
The Smuggler with Corso is alright, but (for me) it was just 'so-so'; it had it's moments, but overall I found the "dumb country boy" lacking.
The Jedi Consular was terrible! (Again, for me). I worked my way all the way to Hoth to get this totally bland-bland-bland guy, and the storyline of the relationship just doesn't seem to be given enough time to develop. I disliked it so much that I'm waiting until they add another option before I play that class again (Nadia doesn't appeal to me either .)

Crezelle
05.05.2012 , 01:08 AM | #593
Quote: Originally Posted by MeAliasX View Post
I'm a chick and I really enjoyed the Vector storyline and dialogue.

I thought it was well written and I liked his forays into the hive mind--I guess I just didn't see the bug in him. More of a guy with fantastic powers of telepathy and a silver tongue.

However, I do agree in that there should be at least 2 romance options per sex per class. Not everyone enjoys the same characters or story telling, and honestly, it can really ruin the story for those of us who like to build up our relationships with the companions (ahh Dragon's Age..would that there were another like you).

I played through both the Smuggler and Jedi Consular romance with female characters as well. Both classes only have one option for the female of that class (though some side-nookie is an option for either). Another would have been nice.
The Smuggler with Corso is alright, but (for me) it was just 'so-so'; it had it's moments, but overall I found the "dumb country boy" lacking.
The Jedi Consular was terrible! (Again, for me). I worked my way all the way to Hoth to get this totally bland-bland-bland guy, and the storyline of the relationship just doesn't seem to be given enough time to develop. I disliked it so much that I'm waiting until they add another option before I play that class again (Nadia doesn't appeal to me either .)

poor corso.... i named my femsmug after a greek mythological vixen that can never be caught.... she warned him...but hes still strung on hopelessly... but eh she warned him.
i do agree, i know of at least 3 make classes where you have a choice, and are made to chose.
i wanna see mancatfights
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Crezelle
05.05.2012 , 03:05 AM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
Is Joining an instantaneous thing or does it take time? Did Vector know that he was about to become a Joiner?

How much does Dr. Lokin's story intersect with Vector's? Takes me a while to get my other companions' affection up, so I'm still working on him. I did go on Wookiepedia though and found some info on Vector's joining there (probably from Dr. Lokin's conversations?) Leaves me with even more questions now!

Spoiler
if you don't mind spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBt5N...feature=relmfu start at about 4 minutes in

Beslley
05.05.2012 , 07:21 AM | #595
There definitely needs to be more romance options overall, for all character classes :<

It's especially rough for female IAs, but male inquisitors have the same problem. You can only romance Ashara, and
Spoiler

And I am also saddened by the lack of flirting I get to do to male NPCs on my female characters On my inquis I managed to bang, like, 2 NPCs total not including Andronikos. What a total downer.

What I really want, though, is a Khem Val romance for the lulz. I mean, I love Andronikos (though I wish I had held off on the marriage bit until I got far enough to romance Talos too), but I <3 mah dashade. Every time I tell him to eat a force user I giggle like a crazy person. YES, KHEM, EAT ALL THE THINGS, MUAHAHAHA.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Crezelle
05.05.2012 , 07:43 AM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
There definitely needs to be more romance options overall, for all character classes :<

It's especially rough for female IAs, but male inquisitors have the same problem. You can only romance Ashara, and
Spoiler

And I am also saddened by the lack of flirting I get to do to male NPCs on my female characters On my inquis I managed to bang, like, 2 NPCs total not including Andronikos. What a total downer.

What I really want, though, is a Khem Val romance for the lulz. I mean, I love Andronikos (though I wish I had held off on the marriage bit until I got far enough to romance Talos too), but I <3 mah dashade. Every time I tell him to eat a force user I giggle like a crazy person. YES, KHEM, EAT ALL THE THINGS, MUAHAHAHA.
i was just mentioning this about blizz.... have like, easter egg romances that you have to do obscure things to unlock, just for fun.

bright_ephemera
05.05.2012 , 08:45 AM | #597
What I really want, though, is a Khem Val romance for the lulz.
I am convinced that InquisitorxKhemVal is the grand romantic tragedy of the galaxy. Someday, someday perhaps they'll have their chance...but too muchs tands in their way right now.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Ellyria
05.05.2012 , 09:06 AM | #598
Sometimes I swear that the Inquisitor and Khem Val are in a relationship. Like when you offer to team up with Andronikos on Tatooine, Khem steps in and is like "But Master, what about me? Is it because of his smooth voice and tight butt? I'm obviously better, I eat Force Users (that aren't you)! Do you not love me anymore? Why are you breaking up with me!" and I was thinking "Since when am I dating Khem Val?" Good times.
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy
WHERE IS THERON SHAN?
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

ejadavidson
05.05.2012 , 11:52 AM | #599
After going through the jedi story with a female character, and as I mentioned earlier I'm a female gamer, too, I decided that my next toon would be something **completely** and **utterly* different. Completely the opposite and as far from a jedi or its darkside counterpart that I could get.

I ended up rolling a male IA and to my surprised I LOVE it! I'm barely off Balmorra and I've already did the deed with two women.
Spoiler
. I didn't realize the IA class story was so much fun. I haven't even tried romancing Kaliyo because it would spoil the fun of all the other female conquests out there. It's just refreshing to go a different path.

So, from one female gamer to another (who always plays female toons) I reommend the male IA. Make him hot and play him as a amoral douche bag and you'll have loads of fun.

Of course that doesn't solve the problem that female characters of any class should have more romance options, but in the meantime, the male IA is a blast.
Anina -50 jedi sentinel
Banim- 50 sniper
Jaxsyn - 30 powertech
Dezzerey - 37 gunslinger

CloudCastle
05.05.2012 , 01:26 PM | #600
Quote:
So, from one female gamer to another (who always plays female toons) I reommend the male IA. Make him hot and play him as a amoral douche bag and you'll have loads of fun.
I've got a low level male AI now and this is pretty much what I did with him. The sarcastic voice that both male and female IA's do works very well if you are darkside. Can be a bit awkward if you are lightside sometimes though.

I've never really played a male character before, but once I got his look down just right, and then I heard the voice, I was like "oooh." Can't wait to seduce all the ladies. First play-through of a class I'll always be female, but I'm planning on making my "next generation" chars male.