Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Capella
01.07.2012 , 10:15 AM | #111
I'm in the camp of those who love the Vector romance. Originally I found it a bit weird that he was a Joiner, because I was concerned "how can he love me when most of his consciousness is with the hive?" But then he was still sweet and funny and adorable, and in my head he helped encourage my agent to be a better person and maybe not be as ruthless as she could be. No, it's not a more conventional relationship, but its uniqueness is what makes it special to me.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

Rhayge
01.07.2012 , 12:08 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesecakeCzar View Post
Please don't. Not every fine guy in the galaxy is a Han Solo. D:
I agree. I am playing an IA and am working on the romance with Vector and I am enjoying every minute (Aside from the quirky convo bugs...) I think he's a great companion, I love the story and everything about it. Sorry you don't like Vector as a romance option, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks it's bad!
Agent Xhex Galere - Guild Leader

== ANATHEMA ==
Website || Apply Casual Progression | Adult | PVE | US - EST

Soultranna
01.07.2012 , 01:52 PM | #113
Sorry, to me Vector is just a good friend. A ... voice of reason.

(waiting for patch that allows Kaliyo to look at me as someone other than a wingman... er... wing-woman?)
"If you'll excuse me, I have to create a hangover to nurse." - Gault Rennow

Just another person behind a keyboard escaping reality for a while.

aquadragon
01.07.2012 , 02:32 PM | #114
Playing a female IA and I do have to agree that Vector is a bit unappealing. I personally love Kaliyo's story and her bad girl attitude. I hope they hurry up and allow the same sex romances because I definitely get that vibe from her I am totally digging the storyline for the IA either way.

pakchooieunf
01.07.2012 , 04:00 PM | #115
"Nothing wins a girls heart like bug milk."

I had no idea that there were only heterosexual relationships in this game, I was fully expecting some type of romance option with Kaliyo, just based on some of the stuff she says.

It's disappointing that Vector is only the option for female agents.

Jimmyup
01.07.2012 , 04:34 PM | #116
Well, you find out kailyo says anything and does anything she thinks will benefit her in the long run.

Believe the codex says this.

Evolvana
01.07.2012 , 04:53 PM | #117
If you want a same-sex romance so bad with Kaliyo, just imagine it. Some minutes ago I had that scene where she invited my female IA into a bar then she said she enjoyed herself and had a good time.

You can imagine they did something and that she's attracted. If you want!

Malinear
01.09.2012 , 12:59 PM | #118
Okay, so a few days later, after running around through some grand adventures with our favorite bug boy...and I have to admit that I'm changing my tune.

He *is* endearing and charming for all of the reasons listed all through this thread (especially the protien bar bit). Once I got him away from the actual big bugs, things got a lot better (creepy bugs freak me out irl so that's not really surprising).

I've still not gotten far enough to initiate the actual romance, but it's headed that way. And I don't get negative reactions as I continue to flirt with other NPCs while he's out in the world with me.

So Vector, good job. I think you've converted me.

(and really, if he has no problem with my solid red eyes, I can't say a thing about his black ones)

pjskull
01.09.2012 , 02:14 PM | #119
Meh still on Vector. I just got to Taris and I am heading to Lokin's location. From what I hear, he becomes a Sniper's best friend.

I used Vector on Alderaan when I got him, but since then, he has been my crafting cabana boy. I am still using a geared up Kaliyo to quest.

I want a pretty girl to romance... When does the same sex romance expansion come out?

alexishomer
01.09.2012 , 03:15 PM | #120
Dr. Lokin is kind of... touchy feely...

He says things like 'Agent, you shouldn't have!' and 'How marvelous.'

He sounds like a mad scientist (which he is) who is overly affectionate with anyone he comes across with.