Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

qqemokitty
01.06.2012 , 08:01 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by pjskull View Post
This thread delivers... Thank you sooooo much, OP. Very awesome.

I am baffled by those who can find someone attractive who:

1.) No joke: has a green, fly ridden fart funk that emanates from him in the cargo hold of my ship. --> Liz Lemon says, "That's a Deal Breaker, ladies."

2.) Has Damian, that's right, son of Lucifer, eyeballs.

3.) Wants to rub forearms and go to creepy keys-in-a-hat bug "parties". That does not sound like it ends well, particularly for me.

He's nice? They should give us a puppy for nice...

I picture my "hard on the outside/soft on the inside" Female IA being suckered for the Body Type 3 guy, with it always ending in heartbreak she has to bury... Vector looks like the "Let's be friends; you walk about in a green haze and that is gross" mold.

OP, please post more. You make me laugh...
Hah Yeah the OP sounds like someone I'm ready to be friends with. Hilarious. If only searched worked then we could stalk all her posts!
Let them see what is not there, and feel what does not touch them.
When they no longer trust their senses... that is the time to strike.

Shadanwolf
01.06.2012 , 08:17 PM | #102
OP...I enjoyed your post.I encountered an unwelcome companion for my male character....a male companion. I won't be playing that character.

Liyros
01.06.2012 , 09:05 PM | #103
I thought his romance arc was endearing. It wasn't filled with as much cheese as some of the other romances that I've seen, which I think is a huge plus. He always means well.
Jen'Jidai
..Forums..Twitter..Facebook..Wiki..
_______Liyros - Imperial Sniper_______

ZakMorgan
01.06.2012 , 09:31 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Findulidas View Post
I think its more of a problem that the only lightside char is a male which means I cant romance any of the girls. Because they are either hopelessly tied to the empire and the sith or just psychopathic. I swear kaliyo gets -1 atleast once each dialgue i have. If I could dump her on a rock and change to some other sane companion I would do it in an instant.
Ensign Temple is quite clearly light side - yeah she likes the Empire and the Sith but she also hates cruelty and violence.

Couldn't agree more about Kaliyo...I would be happy to swap her for some stims lol, if I get a chance to kill her then I won't think twice either.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

chuixupu
01.06.2012 , 09:55 PM | #105
I don't get the hate for Kaliyo...I find her hilarious and fun. So far she's the only one that gave me real quests where I had to go out and do things. On a story level she is my favorite companion. I've never been very fond of Vector either...but I'm nice to him because I like getting the companion quests, even if they're short.

And Temple is definitely very light side-ish. Just don't trash the Empire in front of her. I have to ditch her whenever I want to kill someone.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Hailbel
01.06.2012 , 11:43 PM | #106
I think Vector's adorable. And I regularly kill everyone and everything and the affection point hit I take is minimal. Buy him a shiny space rock and you can commit as many genocides as you want . I do find my inability to 'Ms. Bond' my way through my IA storyline a little irritating. Guys get so many shag options it's not even funny!

Spoiler

Oghier
01.07.2012 , 12:41 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
...it's like trying to flirt with a rock. A rock covered in ants.
This made me laugh

Queytac
01.07.2012 , 09:04 AM | #108
best thread in this forum so far
laughed my arse off.
im a male player and play a male IA so i get to play like friggin James Bond, atm it feels like i get 2 Girls per planet XD (just joking, but after lvl20 you really are good to go)
too bad Kaliyo is soo creepy, the only good thing about her is that we decided at some point she can go for any other man she wants and so can i have fun whenever i want.
but my IA leans to more to the darkside (4000 to 100 atm) will there be another DS companion besides Kaliyo? because i get bored of her anarchist attitude (was quite sure she would stab me at some point)

Evolvana
01.07.2012 , 09:20 AM | #109
I think most of people here who are screaming "Vector is horrible!!! I will stop playing my female IA, he's too straaange!" didn't even start the romance at all and don't know the character AT ALL.

It's so stupid to say that you will stop playing just because someone made a topic about how strange is such or such character. PLAY AND SEE YOURSELF!!!

Ok he's strange, and he's a JOINER, not a bugman, ok? he's a human who communicates spiritually with Killiks. He's liked "possessed". And I'm a girl, I'm romancing him, and I totally love that character!

Kaliyo is a good friend if you're a girl but she's just rude and vulgar. Vector is polite, charming and intelligent, and he's "light side" like my character so I'm happy with this romance. If you don't like his black eyes, etc, you can still customize him to make him look normal.

So stop let the others tell you what to think about a character and see it yourself, play the game, discover the character better, and maybe you'll end up appreciate him.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flaminica View Post
I love Vector to pieces. His personality is unique, he agrees with all my Light decisions, he's poetic, romantic, good looking, cultured and has a posh accent. I had a better relationship with Vector after three levels than that vulgar anarchist Kaliyo after thirty.

And I can't romance him because I play a guy. When they fix this (there is no "if") I hope they grandfather it. *sighs*
I totally agree with you!

Bobinator
01.07.2012 , 09:35 AM | #110
Ants?...

Is that what gets your rocks off now and days, kiddos? WHATEVER HAPPEN TO WOOKIEES?!
As of right now, i'm rash free.