Can I go back and do the planets quests AFTER I complete my class storyline?

Freygea

I have a silly question. I just finished the prologue on my smuggler on Coruscant. I now have my ship. and am being directed to head to two other planets. I avoided doing the planet missions with the hope I can come back to them as that will give me a reason to revisit the planet. I am not really worried about the quest rewards. Will planets missions become locked out if I ignore them for now?

You can always go back, and the xp and credit rewards will be scaled to your level.

Some quests may feel a bit strange later on, since the planets stand still while the story-wise the galaxy moves on, but nothing is keeping you from doing them anyway. (on the other hand, why skip them in the first place?)

Edited by Mubrak

I do not know if there are later quests that have you come back to planets. I know some other games do not add additional quests to starting areas and you have no reason to go back to them, making them kind of useless later on. If that is the case in this game, (and I do not know the answer to that ), then waiting to do the planet quests will at least give an excuse to go back. Edited by Freygea

I have a silly question. I just finished the prologue on my smuggler on Coruscant. I now have my ship. and am being directed to head to two other planets. I avoided doing the planet missions with the hope I can come back to them as that will give me a reason to revisit the planet. I am not really worried about the quest rewards. Will planets missions become locked out if I ignore them for now?

I haven't finished all eight storylines yet so I don't know if it happens with all of them, but the Sith, Jedi, and Bounty Hunter storylines have some story missions in which you revisit the early planets (Tython/Coruscant, Korriban/Hutta/Dromund Kaas) at various times after you first leave them (you occasionally get called back to talk to the Jedi Council on Tython, etc.)

I've been running around with a lvl70 character over the last few days on whom I used a Master Datacron (instantly puts you at level 70 but doesn't auto-complete the story, so you can continue with that character's story at max level from whatever point you use the Datacron), and the planet missions (purple triangle) that I didn't do earlier with that character are still showing as available (along with the repeatable Heroic missions that I assume are persistently there).

And then as was mentioned above, some of the companion conversations involve making runs to planets you most likely have already visited in your story.

EDIT: I just checked with my main -- the one character for whom I have completed the original storyline (I've also finished Hutt Cartel, Revan, and Fallen Empire, and I'm currently working through Eternal Throne with her), and planet missions in her original storyline that I had not done with her are still available.

Edited by TalonMacLeod

As mentioned, you can go back and do the quests. And your XP rewards and random loot drops are scaled to your actual level (but the specific reward gear is not).

I do encourage you to at least once do all the “planet stories”. These are purple missions that aren’t your class story. Some are quite story-based, some quite good. Usually they are aligned with your story in terms of zone, so you save time by doing them along with your class story.

But I find that having all these stories going on simultaneously gets confusing. A lot of that “I’m talking to who … about what … why again? If you are better at multitasking than I am, maybe not a problem.

At least do the Dromund Kaas one since it is a bit more focused and relates to a subsequent story arc.