Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friendly advice on using Marks on target players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Friendly advice on using Marks on target players

patricklee
02.02.2018 , 02:50 AM | #21
There is no conventional method of applying or understanding marks on players in pvp, and for good reason.

Every match is different.

Not every healer warrants the attention of needing a mark. I they're an established/well known player or has proven to be an effective healer, then sure- a mark would be appropriate. If they're just not that experienced yet (or seem to be a pocket healer for a player who represents little threat, etc) why waste the time and/or effort issuing a mark on them when a dps or tank represents a larger threat to the team and/or objectives related to that particular match?

In a basic sense, the mark system encourages one simple concept: that the player/s marked represent a threat, and warrant special attention.

Not everyone will use a mark when needed nor will everyone utilize discretion when choosing an appropriate target for a mark- that's just another facet of individual gameplay experience.

Best solution: if you use a mark and/or marks, indicate in the chat why it is there, particularly if there are more than one target.

Kirpputori
02.02.2018 , 04:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Schoock View Post
Checking Chiters' post history also reveals that he had called out Trixxie on some "facts" of hers before, to which he got no satisfying answer, at least not publicly. As a matter of fact, I also did call her out about her claims of hacking a few days before, which ultimately got silently ignored.
yeah that seems to be a thing often in here forums. many are saying stuff as a fact when it is, infact, an opinion. and ignoring others who disagree or smth

im probably quilty of something like this too
if so, im sorry
Lev-x
<Take a Seat>
The Red Eclipse

TrixxieTriss
02.02.2018 , 09:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Even though trixy is incorrect a lot, she still has the right to post and talk about her experiences on forums. If she is incorrect, just correct her. We are all passionate swtor players; we all have that in common regardless of skill level or knowledge level.
Thanks Hottie.

TrixxieTriss
02.02.2018 , 09:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Exactly

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong
LoL, very droll

Aeneas_Falco
02.03.2018 , 10:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiters View Post
Was it you or one of your white knights who reported me?
Oh, stop it.

I'm no "white knight." My speaking up for Trixxie had nothing do with her gender, as I did the same for Floplag here, and I'm fairly certain he's male. I just have a low tolerance for some of the toxicity that seems to accompany PVP.

I didn't report you however.