Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friendly advice on using Marks on target players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Friendly advice on using Marks on target players

xordevoreaux
01.29.2018 , 05:22 AM | #11
In EV, once the floor starts to fall, we sometimes star the person who's lead on jumping down the floor sections so newbs know when and where to jump, stack for heals, etc.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Shirvington
01.31.2018 , 01:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Actually it’s not helpful to your team. 🙄. How are they supposed to know why you e marked them?
The Reticle is a good indication to your team to "kill this person."

Aeneas_Falco
01.31.2018 , 02:13 PM | #13
I agree for the most part though I do think there are a few exceptions.

I will sometimes mark a DPS or skank if I continually see that person attempting caps and I seem to be the only one noticing and interrupting it. It works to get the tunnel-vision deathmatchers focused on him or her during the times when I'm CC'd. I remove it though once that threat has passed, unless he's attempting it the entire game.

In a game like Ancient Hypergate where kills count as points it might also be worth putting one on an enemy player that you know from past experience is going to have 4k+ DPS and 10+ kills if allowed to freecast & not given some focused love. That's definitely something that should go in Ops chat though, so people know why they're marked.

Another situation where it might be worth marking a non-healer is Huttball matches where the other team has one player that is consistently running the ball, and scoring on you. That person is going to have a harder time taking the ball & running on you if they are already at 50% or less health when the ball respawns, or even better, respawning themselves. That's also something that should go into Ops chat though.

TrixxieTriss
01.31.2018 , 07:28 PM | #14
I love how this gets moved from the section of the forums it is needed to the section where people already understand all of this.
I originally put this into the general section so that pve people who are thinking of starting to pvp, would hopefully see it and follow it.
I really hate how Bioware move threads like this to the section where people already understand the concept.

RooRider
02.01.2018 , 08:09 AM | #15
Healers should be the only players marked, but most importantly, people need to stop marking tanks. We need to keep "nerf heals" and "nerf guard" threads alive and healthy until they close this game.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games

Wimbleton
02.01.2018 , 09:54 AM | #16
Marking marks with the correct marks marks a great marking pvp marker.

krosswong
02.01.2018 , 12:14 PM | #17
Holy ****, we're really sc****** the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about guys... do better.

Someone start a "Friendly advice to maras, pop predation at the start of pvp matches" thread.
The Guildkiller Legacy

Harbinger's #1 pub side trash.

Foambreaker
02.01.2018 , 12:48 PM | #18
Use the green saber on the DPS that keeps killing you.
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...

LD_Little_Dragon
02.02.2018 , 12:50 AM | #19
Three pages of certain people being obnoxious to the OP because, why? Far as I can see she's right. I've been in games where there are 2 or 3 three marks flying over players heads. That's ... not going to help focus anyone down.

Unless someone actually says 'healer marked' then I just ignore the ugly things.

Marking the healer(s) makes sense, but what does a big gun mean? Ooh, DPS incoming? The player's class is usually enough of a hint there.

Don't throw out marks without letting your team know why. Simple, clear advice.

RooRider
02.02.2018 , 02:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
Three pages of certain people being obnoxious to the OP because, why? Far as I can see she's right. I've been in games where there are 2 or 3 three marks flying over players heads. That's ... not going to help focus anyone down.
Exactly, only healers should be marked, preferably one that's being guarded. That way 5 of us can click random attacks on the healer and get him/her down to almost 75% health before we wipe.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games