Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starting class story with max level

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Starting class story with max level

Eoinol
02.09.2018 , 12:58 PM | #11
I do both, I have some characters from using the Masters Datacron and others I'm leveling from the start.

I enjoy both. :-)
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth
Happy to help my referrals.
Main Server Darth Malgus accounts on all servers.

Keladis
02.10.2018 , 02:18 AM | #12
I don't believe you can skip the main class quests and level to max level, but they have Master's Datacron that you can buy in the cartel market or the galactic trade market. This item will level your character to 70 and let you do the main class store with a max level character with level 70 gear.

Hope this helps.
May the Force Be With You.
Try a 7 day trail subscription! Just use my referral link Click Here

MidhunRaj
02.11.2018 , 12:25 AM | #13
I bought master datacron and now farming heroics for nice gear

PorsaLindahl
02.11.2018 , 06:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Keladis View Post
I don't believe you can skip the main class quests and level to max level, but they have Master's Datacron that you can buy in the cartel market or the galactic trade market. This item will level your character to 70 and let you do the main class store with a max level character with level 70 gear.

Hope this helps.
That is incorrect. As stated earlier, you don't need to do the class story to level up. I would recommend, as also mentioned earlier in the thread, to at least complete the capitol world to get a ship (you can't even catch a ride on someone else's ship unless you have your own).

Anyway, the point is: Class story and level are not interlinked. You can easily level up through doing heroics, flashpoints and/or pvp. And you can do it in a matter of days.

SteveTheCynic
02.11.2018 , 06:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MidhunRaj View Post
I bought master datacron and now farming heroics for nice gear
The heroics themselves won't directly give you better-performing gear than the set you get from the datacron. Better-looking, sure, but not better-performing.(1) Of course they *will* give you a reasonable but not exceptional quantity of CXP, but I'd say that there are more effective ways of getting CXP.

(1) Most of the Eternal Commander sets are at best "meh" and in some cases just plain ugly, although I quite like the smuggler one. The tier 3 "Iokath" and tier 4 "GEMINI" sets are all somewhere far beyond "merely" hideous.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

NSevven
02.11.2018 , 07:24 AM | #16
Yeah, I much prefer the Heroics gear you get that are level-based. Example: "Thermal" (Hoth) gear you get only when you are levels 38-41. These sets were one of the nicer additions to the game. When I start a toon, I save a lot of the early gear, including from starter planet, for Outfit Designer stamping.

Presumably, you miss all that when you start with a Master's Datacron.
Aka DocDAM, aka DocDIM
My Refer a Friend link here (DocDAM). [Rules and Rewards]

MidhunRaj
02.12.2018 , 12:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
but I'd say that there are more effective ways of getting CXP.
I am just acquiring money for buying from GTN.... what are the other ways of getting cxp? remember i didn't finish class quest, so i don't want to do anything story related...

SteveTheCynic
02.12.2018 , 03:27 AM | #18
I am just acquiring money for buying from GTN.... what are the other ways of getting cxp? remember i didn't finish class quest, so i don't want to do anything story related...
Flashpoints, operations, dailies, warzones. Heroics have relatively low rewards because they aren't really hard enough nor sufficiently time-consuming to justify more. (With a +100% booster running, the Yavin weekly gives around 20K CXP. CZ-198's weekly gives a better CXP-per-time rate than Yavin, but the total reward is less - but still better than you can get for the same time doing heroics.)

Warzones *also* reward Unassembled Components that help you upgrade your gear.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

MidhunRaj
02.12.2018 , 05:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Flashpoints, operations, dailies, warzones. Heroics have relatively low rewards because they aren't really hard enough nor sufficiently time-consuming to justify more. (With a +100% booster running, the Yavin weekly gives around 20K CXP. CZ-198's weekly gives a better CXP-per-time rate than Yavin, but the total reward is less - but still better than you can get for the same time doing heroics.)

Warzones *also* reward Unassembled Components that help you upgrade your gear.
so how many hours i may have to play to get 300 command level?

PorsaLindahl
02.12.2018 , 06:21 AM | #20
so how many hours i may have to play to get 300 command level?
What does it really matter if it's 4 hours, 10 hours or 40 hours? Do you enjoy playing? That's what matters in the end.

How much time it takes one person, or some people, may be different than how much time it takes others. Enjoy the game. The levels will come.