Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imps on Star Forge - Please play pub side we need the help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Imps on Star Forge - Please play pub side we need the help

jomfalcona
01.21.2018 , 07:44 PM | #1
I spend all day playing vanguard and win one match. Always top dps for my team despite being in 230 gear and being a glass cannon with no heals. Most pubs average 400k dps per match and are blissfully happy to suck. As a whole, we pubs are wretched. I can't remember jedi covenant ever being so bad. Night after night of losses. Maybe some imps could come over and make the wzs more balanced now that cross faction don't pop as much <end nerdrage>

Aeneas_Falco
01.22.2018 , 06:31 AM | #2
I think you've just had bad luck or have been queuing at an odd time. Out of curiosity do you play during Aussie hours?

I play both factions equally and my experience is that the Reps win slightly more often than Star Forge Imps. I'd say on average Reps win 6 of 10 matches vs Imps. What I've run into is that the Reps more often have complete teams (DPS, tanks, heals) whereas Imp teams are not infrequently nothing but DPS. While you do have some great healers Imp side I also think that overall the Reps have better healers. Imps however generally do better DPS.

ilfiriel_azurian
01.22.2018 , 08:11 AM | #3
I solo queue as both; usually solo imps are a bit more competent while pubs have more healers and tanks as stated above, it makes it fairly even as people struggle to kill each other. For results it really depends on where the premadre are at. If you are queuing at the same time (I mean you get your pops at the same time) as reverse faction premade you will almost always lose. I do both solo and premades and basically premades only lose against other premades (at that point bad pugs are the deciders if the skill are pretty much even between premades)
Targaryen Legacy
Ilfiriel Nâerys Äerion
Dâenerys Äegon

Drathdrake
01.22.2018 , 09:33 AM | #4
Its getting better! Before "The Merge" Pub side hopless!
We need geared healers how use use focus/target swap

You know Vanguard suck right?

Cherepk
01.22.2018 , 10:05 AM | #5
I had same experience as OP, played my smuggler during prime time out of like 10 games won 1. Logged off. Got on my oper on Salene and won most.

@@@@@ pubs...... Most are so skillless in PVP. Prime example i am trying to cap mid, you pub go to the spawn point of imp stand there , sap , cc, slow nope they stand next to me. We loose....

Greezt
01.22.2018 , 10:56 AM | #6
It's always nice to hear people complain about their faction. This one is actually asking for a carry!

Banderal
01.22.2018 , 12:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
It's always nice to hear people complain about their faction. This one is actually asking for a carry!
I think you need to revive your "IMPS SUCK MOAR" thread.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Greezt
01.23.2018 , 10:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I think you need to revive your "IMPS SUCK MOAR" thread.
I think I might do that!

AlrikFassbauer
01.28.2018 , 09:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
To be carried into a win with 1 game out of 10 or more played ! A single one ?
And you complain that people want to be "carried" for a single game within one whole evening of losses ?
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

jomfalcona
01.28.2018 , 12:23 PM | #10
It's not so much carrying as it would be nice to have a balanced team. I noticed that pubs win more in mornings and afternoons. I believe the imp premades roll in the evenings. The other day I played 6 matches and won 1. That one win was a Yavin WZ where I was the only pub with 7 imps. The 5 losses were with pubs. Like I said though, pubs are much more competitive early in the day.