Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to make Jugg DPS viable in PVP ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sayNih
01.23.2018 , 03:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iíve not played my Rage Jugg in ranked under the current meta, but I can say in regs they are already viable. If you were to tweak them too much they would become OP in regs and FOTM.

Iím not sure what you can do for them in Ranked. So Iíll lets those who have been playing ranked in this meta suggest things that might work. Just be subtle about it or theyíll be OP. Remember there will always be one class in the group that will get focused first, itís just the way ranked works. Unfortunately itís Juggs at the moment.
I've not played my Vengeance Jugg in ranked in 2 years, when we first started getting focused. We are just as squishy in regs as we are in ranked. It's just that we get focused less often, and by fewer opponents, partly because players are spread out more on the map. This is the ONLY reason dps Juggs can PvP at all. We have all been in Voidstar were we died 8-9 times, and just kept running back to the door. DCDs don't work in VS because they don't come off cooldown by the time the spawn door opens. We run back to the door with no defenses, and get slaughtered.
It will take more than subtle DCD changes to get my Jugg in this season of Ranked.
""*

Rafiknoll
01.23.2018 , 05:43 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannok View Post
Was just ideas. Like reducing healing solves matchmaking issues, when a Healer isn't present. Reducing Guard would fix match making problems, when a Tank isn't present. Basic ideas. Like tuning Down Cover, Knockbacks, Roots and Slows to avoid Buffs to Melee classes. Simple Things like that.
If 8 DPS are as good as or better than 2/4/2 T/D/H and far superior than 2/2/4 or any other distribution not favoring DPS then there is no use for the other specs and it is statistically better to queue only as DPS in order not to risk having too few DPS. This will result in non-DPS specs simply being unplayed. Not a good solution. Tuning down basically anything which is not pure DPS numbers will dumb PVP beyond being fun. If I want to parse, I have dummies...

Rafiknoll
01.23.2018 , 05:57 AM | #23
Not unfair. Just broken..

It is Completely Broken in fact and making the reverse shows it: Would be like a Ranged Class Un-targetable from beyond 10 meters, Tanky with High Burst, alot of CC and CC immunity. Broken-as-a-MF Concept - it is hilarious. Cover in a game with walking speed in PvP and Force Charge reliant classes Iconic to the whole game.

/facepalm
I explained thoroughly why is cover an equal or less good replacement for kiting, and your reverse example it just over-proportioned and has no comparable value and it not a logical argument. It is as if I would say the reverse of the current "too high" burst damage is being limited to 1 damage per sec (which is ridiculous) and then prove using that "reverse" that the current state is also bad

And please drop the "Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors are fundamentally SWTOR", this is garbage. I, for one, like playing this basic class least of all 4 basic classes (don't hate it, but I enjoy the other classes more). There is absolutely no reason for it to be best in PVP or be easier to play or be harder to counter.

KendraP
01.24.2018 , 01:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
They lack in maneuverability compared to most melee DPS, have a short root immunity but not a root breaker (fsin's immunity can be used while rooted and is, therefore, a breaker. Same for hydraulics for PT, and operatives can cleanse some roots and "diversion" the others). It is the most logical thing to give them a speeding ability which breaks roots and grants root immunity and has a CD equal or less than 60s. Exaggerating further to make things sound stupid - while your ideas are far more extreme and ridiculous - failed. Try something else...
Lol I've given up on arguing with him... It didn't work in the guard thread, it's not going to work here.

For juggs it's an issue of how good other classes are right now. There's mercs, snipers, maras then there's juggie, shadow, PT, and sorc. Not sure on operatives honestly.

I guess what is really needed is a decision on how survivable dps specs should be, rather than having some thst are obviously good and some that are obviously squishy.

Gigabolt
01.24.2018 , 01:16 PM | #25
would be good if focused defense procced from attacks you make instead of taking hits.

yellow_
01.24.2018 , 01:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Gigabolt View Post
would be good if focused defense procced from attacks you make instead of taking hits.
What would this help with? It seems to me this just adds the potential to get globalled right through the DCD to the list of issues it already has.

Rafiknoll
01.24.2018 , 04:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
What would this help with? It seems to me this just adds the potential to get globalled right through the DCD to the list of issues it already has.
Another option is to make focused defense be time-based and not stacks based. That would mean it technically works like a merc reflect without the reflect and can serve as a real anti-focus because unlike the current version a bunch of DPS can't simply consume all stacks and move on as if it didn't happen

giorgo
01.24.2018 , 05:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
lol Rafi's not the one with the obsessive need to be right...
Just look at his other thread... 2 pages of reported quotes.

I think the guy needs professional care and I am not saying this with malice.

Rafiknoll
01.24.2018 , 06:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by giorgo View Post
Just look at his other thread... 2 pages of reported quotes.

I think the guy needs professional care and I am not saying this with malice.
Oh my goodness, just now I saw what you meant. Thread has been dead for 13 days and is resurrected for the sake of a /report tantrum on posts that have no reportable content, simply due to not having a single logical response or even an illogical justification for being illogical?

I wonder what do new readers think when they randomly check the bumped thread right now...

ArdeliaAgain
01.24.2018 , 07:43 PM | #30
17 pages.. of trolling and going haywire off-topic.. 17 full pages...

Unbelievable..
Nobody cares, man.

It doesn't even matter that your attempts to set Rafi up as the bad guy are super-transparent...nobody cares that you had a spat with him. I seriously even doubt HE cares that much.

If you're going to report a post (even this one, I guess), just do it. Don't quote the thing to us, don't tell us you did it, please, just report it and move on. We don't need to know. We don't WANT to know.
When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God?