Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP instance

Rhy_Draconis
01.18.2018 , 05:27 PM | #11
I agree.
People have the possibility to switch from PvE to PvP when they want, but SWTOR also offers lot of RP.
Giving the opportunity to the players to have more open spaces to RP would probably be one of the best thing that could happen to the game.

We need that. Really.
For the Empire

TheGeekStarW
01.18.2018 , 05:41 PM | #12
Agreed.
(▓╠☲☲╬Φ╬|()█Ξ████████████████████████████████)

Malornaros
01.18.2018 , 05:51 PM | #13
I agree. Great idea.

+1

Matthosor
01.18.2018 , 07:18 PM | #14
I agree

lapaloozaa
01.18.2018 , 08:18 PM | #15
I agree ! There is so much possibilities in rp !

Arkadova
01.19.2018 , 12:36 AM | #16
Very good idea , I agree
+1

Loriane
01.19.2018 , 02:37 AM | #17
I agree
Rien ne vaux la guerre , tout vaux la paix.

SteveTheCynic
01.19.2018 , 03:33 AM | #18
I have to agree that an RP instance would be useful. I don't do it *at*all* (the very idea bores me several thousand parsecs beyond tears, but that's just me), but it would have the added benefit for me of allowing the RPers to not be doing their thing where I'm going. I'm quite sure they don't want to see people riding speeders through the middle of their cantina RP, but if I have to cross the cantina, I'm disinclined to slow down *just* to suit them.

(Hint, guys: the Slippery Slopes Cantina on the Lower Promenade on Nar Shaddaa is a questing area. You do your RP in a questing area, you expect people to quest through your group.)

I'd add just one thing: the RP instance should not have any way to farm materials (no piles of scrap metal, weird crystals, abandoned supercomputers, strange plants and fungi, etc. and no heavy droids or beasts), nor world bosses.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

countdemons
01.19.2018 , 09:01 AM | #19
Can you not just pretend there is and poof. You are now roleplaying?
Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
TOFN - TRE
Harbinger
KoTFE - Death of end game raiding http://www.swtor.com/r/xTdy9B

SteveTheCynic
01.19.2018 , 09:13 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemons View Post
Can you not just pretend there is and poof. You are now roleplaying?
Of course. That is what people have to do now. They want to be away from most of the people who will bother them, and they want to be able to go to a place that suits the day's RP without having to worry about whether they are in a questing area.

My general rules on RPers are that:
* I won't go out of my way to bother them if they aren't in my way.
* I won't go out of my way to avoid them if they are RPing on a path that I'm following.
* I especially won't try to avoid them if they are in the same area where my character is questing.

The last is important. If I have a mission to go to an area and mend what's broken, break what's mended, fill what's empty, empty what's full, kill what's alive and ressurrect what's dead, and there are RPers there, I'll just get on with my mission as if they are *just* standing around, or, indeed, as if they are green-name or no-name NPCs. An RP instance will allow them to get away from all that.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.