Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I cannot figure out how to use the mod station

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
I cannot figure out how to use the mod station

CaseyFritz
12.28.2011 , 12:43 AM | #1
Can someone help me with a step by step? It opens up a worker's bench table thing, but I cannot figure out how to add things to it. I tried dragging and dropping but that seems to not work.

Mythadryl
12.28.2011 , 12:45 AM | #2
It is not needed anymore. It was for modding orange items. Now you just shift-rightclick the moddable(orange) item anywhere to adjust the mods in it.

Jenarie
12.28.2011 , 01:30 AM | #3
I believe it is CTRL right click but either way it says it at the bottom of the item. Station doesn't do anything additional except list the items in your inventory that might be able to be modded.

Once you open the item, if you hover over the mod slot I believe the item in your inventory that can fit there lights up but it might be the opposite - if that doesn't work try hovering over the mods in your inventory to see where they go.

Certain types fit in certain slots and that is the most confusing part but once you examine a few items with them open it starts making sense.

ALSO - there's an option to turn on the detailed item view which I'd highly recommend. I had a lot of trouble with mods until I found that - once you turn that on you can compare each mod separately instead of only seeing the total stats on the items.

VLudovico
12.28.2011 , 01:32 AM | #4
Also keep in mind you must have the mod-able items... orange bordered items.

KnightDLR
12.28.2011 , 03:57 AM | #5
And remember, if you're wanting to put a mod in a slot that already contains one, you need to right click the slot to remove the current one first (it will cost some credits to do so). Once the slot is empty, then you can place the new mod into it.
Some people just need a high-five...in the face...with a chair.

Slaughtered
12.28.2011 , 04:05 AM | #6
To clear up.

It is NOT only orange items that are modable, even greens if crafted can have an augment mod slot, and most purples do as standard. If an item is modable it will be listed in its stats. Good idea to put in your tool tip preferences to include more details on mods.

You don't need to empty a slot before putting in a new one. If you want the mod, yes take it out first (as stated this will cost you creds), as putting a new one in over the top will destroy the old one (this will not cost you creds).
As the Avatar points out, I'm the happy fat guy with the bong.

Ravvx
12.28.2011 , 04:09 AM | #7
Ya i made a green it said it was exceptional and it had a mod slot in it even tho it was only green. Really sweet surprise