Republic and Imperial playing together on the same planet?

VodkaHigh

I understand that rep and imp players progress their class storylines in parallel on the same planets, except for a few. I am a republic player and never saw an Imperial player during my storyline progression until the planet Voss, where I saw two sith assasins on separate occasions. This made me wonder if Voss is just a planet shared among both imps and reps or was I just unlucky to have never encountered the opposite faction on the other planets.

Thanks!

The starter and capital planets are exclusive for one faction (Tython, Ord Mantell, Coruscant for pubs and Korriban, Hutta and Dromund Kaas for imps). For Taris and Balmorra there is an imp and a pub version of the planets, because they visit them at different times story-wise.

All the other planets are open to both factions, but you usually need to go out of your way to meet the other side.

Ilum is the first planet with quest locations next to each other so you are very likely to cross paths with the other faction while questing. (The planet was originally designed to be one big PVP zone).

Edited by Mubrak

Often the questing areas are different for rep and imp side, so unless you go off exploring you might not encounter a player of the opposite fraction even if they are on the same planet.

Also the starter planets, the fleet, coruscant or dk, taris and balmorra are only for the specific fraction, so you wouldn't encounter anyone from the opposite fraction there.

Hope that helps :)

I'll list them all for you:

Hutta/Korriban/Tython/OrdMantell: class dependent, but you may encounter higher level jedis on OrdMantell and higher level Agents on Korriban

Dromund Kaas/Coruscant: faction only

Balmorra/Taris: faction only

Nar Shaddaa: only promenade is a shared section

Tatooine: nearly the complete planet is shared, but effectively only the great desert in the middle west area on world map you will encounter other faction players. alternate faction areas are normally highly guarded by champion npcs. starting areas on Tatooine (Mos Ila/Anchorhead) are faction only

Alderaan: theoretically the complete planet is shared, effectively only you can encounter alternate faction players in House Alde and Glarus Valley

Taris/Balmorra: faction only

Quesh: the storyline areas are separated: empire left side, republic right side of the world map. but, there is a passage in the middle of the map, so you may encounter alternate faction players, but this maybe only when they're on datacron hunt. ;-)

Hoth: theoretically, the complete planet is shared, but the republic questlines go in the north of the world map, imperial lines in the south. Encounter areas may be Clabburn Tundra, pirate outpost near the Highmount Ridge, Glacial Fissure and Starship Graveyard. They're all in the middle of the map from west to east.

Belsavis: theoretically, the complete planet is shared, but quest areas are different. Encounter Areas are in the final section area "The Tomb". Section X is completely shared with encounters.

Voss: theoretically, the complete planet is shared, story lines go in different sections of the same areas, except of Voss-Ka, Shrine of Healing, Gormak lands and the Nightmare lands, but you can encounter alternate faction players on the whole planet.

Corellia: the planet is completely shared, but quests take place in separate places of the map areas. encounters are possible but not frequently. Black Hole is completely shared.

Furthermore all planets are completely shared: Ilum, Makeb, CZ-198, Oricon, Manaan, Rishi, Yavin IV, Ziost and the places of the outlander story arc: Zakuul, Odessen, Iokath. Other planets of the outlander story arc, you'll only access during story instances and flashpoints (like Nathema, Copero and some more)

Hutta/Korriban/Tython/OrdMantell: class dependent, but you may encounter higher level jedis on OrdMantell and higher level Agents on Korriban

Also mid-level (end of Chapter One) Sith Warriors on Hutta, mostly going from the spaceport to an class-mission instanced area in the extreme south of the map, south of the hostile Evocii camp.

Class-story Jedi on Ord Mantell are all knights (Senti/Guardian) since the Consular story doesn't go there.

And during BBA weeks you can meet anyone from your faction doing the Kingpin bounty on the Hutta and Ord Mantell. To get 100% completion on the BBA event achievements, you have to do the Hutta/OM one *twice* (once for a kill, once for carbonite).

To get 100% completion on the BBA event achievements, you have to do the Hutta/OM one *twice* (once for a kill, once for carbonite).
Actually, you have to do all of the Kingpins twice to get 100% on the BBA achievements, not just the Hutta/Ord Mantell Kingpins. Likewise, the various Henchmen, though those are not planet-specific.

And if some random player shows up to "help" you kill the Kingpin/Henchman, you may need do do them many times, before you actually get the capture. Even without someone jumping in and "helping", it may be difficult to avoid killing the target when attempting a capture, especially on the lower-level planets.

it may be difficult to avoid killing the target when attempting a capture, especially on the lower-level planets.

One thing that can help is to drag the "cryo-grenade" that you need to use (that appears next to the quest in your quest tracker), onto a skillbar in a more convenient location to access it quicker. Note that the regular cryo-grenades are different from the kingpin ones, so you may want to drag one of each onto a skillbar (they work over multiple bounties.)

Actually, you have to do all of the Kingpins twice to get 100% on the BBA achievements, not just the Hutta/Ord Mantell Kingpins. Likewise, the various Henchmen, though those are not planet-specific.

Yes, I agree. My point was meant to be interpreted the other way around: those two planets *are* included in the tally, and *twice* rather than just once. Should have included "among other things" in there, I guess.

Starting planets such as Tython, Ord Mantel, Korriban and Hutta, as well as capital planets such as Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are exclusive only to their respective factions. Notice that these planets won't appear on the galaxy map of a player from the opposite faction if I remember correctly. Nar Shaddaa is where I usually come across a player from the oppoiste faction especially in the promenade area. :)

Starting planets such as Tython, Ord Mantel, Korriban and Hutta, as well as capital planets such as Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are exclusive only to their respective factions. Notice that these planets won't appear on the galaxy map of a player from the opposite faction if I remember correctly. Nar Shaddaa is where I usually come across a player from the oppoiste faction especially in the promenade area. :)

The reason you don't see them before Nar Shaddaa is that the first post-capital planets, Taris and Balmorra, are also exclusive per-faction planets, even though they appear in both stories, since the two factions go there at different times.

• 2 weeks later...

And if some random player shows up to "help" you kill the Kingpin/Henchman, you may need do do them many times, before you actually get the capture. Even without someone jumping in and "helping", it may be difficult to avoid killing the target when attempting a capture, especially on the lower-level planets.

I now have all the achievements but that drove me crazy while working on it.

On some planets (usually lower level planets where the henchman/kingpin was in a highly trafficed area) some player who thought they were "helping" would end up getting a killshot in on a target I had deliberately switched to using basic attacks on as they got low so that I could avoid killing and capture. It took me three attempts on the Dromund Kaas kingpin because two different "helpers" caused me to reset the quest twice.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I now have all the achievements but that drove me crazy while working on it.

On some planets (usually lower level planets where the henchman/kingpin was in a highly trafficed area) some player who thought they were "helping" would end up getting a killshot in on a target I had deliberately switched to using basic attacks on as they got low so that I could avoid killing and capture. It took me three attempts on the Dromund Kaas kingpin because two different "helpers" caused me to reset the quest twice.

Yeah, that's really annoying. And it doesn't help that the timing can be so tight that you don't even have time to type a message saying you're trying for a capture, before the "helper" kills your target... :mad: