Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS class without a set rotation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
DPS class without a set rotation?

Dajman
01.16.2018 , 03:00 PM | #11
I haven't played dps assassin but I will say lightning/Tele have a few procs for you to watch. Very priority based. Granted you have to like ranged and you have to over look that it's lagging behind the pack right now.

Tele is one of my very favorite specs in the game because of the procs. The animations shaking the screen make everything feel so impactful. And then you proc off extra casts and so much is usable on the move. If your after a fast paced spec I recommend it highly.

Rkillerfin
01.16.2018 , 11:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Far as marauder, I like annihilation. Why? Sure you can follow a set rotation but you can easily get by with 4 moves once you leap into action. The base attack, vicious slash, battering assault and force tend. The latter two just because it keeps up your force energy. Outside of that you can almost endlessly hit 2 till you run out of energy and if you time it right the other two abilities are back up and more force energy. Or spam the base attack a few times then mash vicious assault.

I mean it can be more in-depth with a rotation to get a lot of damage but you can literally make annihilation that easy.
As a marauder main, this makes me facepalm so hard my face is in another dimension now.

TalonVII
01.17.2018 , 12:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rkillerfin View Post
As a marauder main, this makes me facepalm so hard my face is in another dimension now.
Good for you. I'm not saying I do that. I'm just saying it's possible if people simply want the least amount of buttons possible.

Me I actually use a rotation and it works out damn well while keeping my energy high so I can always use other abilities and use the least amount of the base attack.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Losh
01.17.2018 , 01:33 PM | #14
You should never be encouraging players to get by with doing the minimal amount possible. That said, the OP didn't ask about this, and your post about what is the minimum 4 abilities is horribly misleading. That kind of advice leads to PUGs failing flashpoints, so please, don't give bad advice!

TalonVII
01.17.2018 , 03:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Losh View Post
You should never be encouraging players to get by with doing the minimal amount possible. That said, the OP didn't ask about this, and your post about what is the minimum 4 abilities is horribly misleading. That kind of advice leads to PUGs failing flashpoints, so please, don't give bad advice!
Why not give bad advise. Then you get easy kills.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DzastinBiberi
01.24.2018 , 03:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Far as marauder, I like annihilation. Why? Sure you can follow a set rotation but you can easily get by with 4 moves once you leap into action. The base attack, vicious slash, battering assault and force tend. The latter two just because it keeps up your force energy. Outside of that you can almost endlessly hit 2 till you run out of energy and if you time it right the other two abilities are back up and more force energy. Or spam the base attack a few times then mash vicious assault.

I mean it can be more in-depth with a rotation to get a lot of damage but you can literally make annihilation that easy.
Da faq did I just read?

Antonitze
01.24.2018 , 08:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rkillerfin View Post
What spec do you run? I am currently at carnage but damn I am always low on rage and have to spam that fkn base attack. Any advice?
Feel free to click my refferal so you get free 7 day sub and nice bonuses! Let's help each other. Friendship is magic!

http://www.swtor.com/r/L5xBtx

Rkillerfin
01.24.2018 , 09:53 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Antonitze View Post
What spec do you run? I am currently at carnage but damn I am always low on rage and have to spam that fkn base attack. Any advice?
I play all specs on nightmare level, tho I mainly roll with annihilation because anni is love. I hate playing fury but I spec into it if for some reason I need more burst than what anni provides.
I haven't played carnage in raids after BW destroyed the spec with the ferocity rework.

You can find a solid rotation for carnage by browsing parsely, there might be something uploaded by me (Liffu), but I don't remember if I uploaded anything on carnage.

TalonVII
01.24.2018 , 03:57 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
Da faq did I just read?
What, don't understand basic English? What is this world coming to?
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

psandak
01.24.2018 , 09:11 PM | #20
I guess it depends on what you consider to be a "rotation". Yes all DPS classes have optimal opener: do abilities in a specific order so that you maximize DPS early. But then, in my experience, most DPS classes are "priority" based:

you have 5 or 6 abilities, most have a CD
when one comes off CD use it
If two come off CD at relatively the same time use ability A first
When all 4 or 5 CD abilities are on CD use your filler.

The one that I hear is the most "set in stone"/"press 1,2,3,4,5 repeat" is the sharpshooter gunslinger.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date