Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

List of Current End-Game Exotic Materials, Sources, and Associated Mods

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
List of Current End-Game Exotic Materials, Sources, and Associated Mods

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
01.14.2018 , 09:30 AM | #1
Are there any resources with information on current end-game materials, their sources, and the mods / rating levels used to craft?

Since I just returned, I don't personally have any schematics beyond 230 / 234 (which just use some crew skill mats and the blue mat I had from last year) - yet I have like four or five different purple materials in my inventory (and the gold augment schematics I bought from the trainer even use a purple material I don't have - Iokath something).

Edit to add: Things I have but have no idea how they are used include...

Void Matter Catalyst
Refined Isotope Stabilizer
Superior Resource Matrix
Charged Matter Transsomethinganother
Encrypted Memory Core

I have augment schematics that use some of these, and I have some schematics from last year that use the isotope, but most of this stuff I don't have any schematics nor a clue as to what it is used to craft.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
01.15.2018 , 06:22 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Void Matter Catalyst
Refined Isotope Stabilizer
Superior Resource Matrix
Charged Matter Transsomethinganother
Encrypted Memory Core
Incomplete list of sources:

VMCs drop from Ops bosses
RISes drop from some level or other of FP bosses (but not story/veteran Black Talon/Esseles)
SRMs seem mostly to show up in Conquest rewards
CMTs and EMCs drop from Command Crates on a fairly rare basis.
One of CMTs and EMCs drops from Ranked PvP rewards, and the other from, I believe, Master mode Ops or something silly like that.

All are grade 10 crafting materials. CMTs and EMCs are required when crafting the new 236 Augments.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
01.15.2018 , 07:10 PM | #3
VMC drop off Ops bosses and are used to craft item modifications: 234, 240, 246 barrels, hilts, armorings, mods, enhancements.
RIS drop from some level or other of FP bosses (but not story/veteran Black Talon/Esseles) and are used to craft everything end game (ratings 230, 234, 240, and 246) EXCEPT the new rating 236 augments
SRM are only available from personal conquest goal and are used to craft equipment: 234, 240, 246 armor (i.e. chest helmet bracers etc) and "left side" (ear, implant, relic)

CMTs and EMCs drop from Command Crates on a fairly rare basis (although anecdotal evidence leads to the possibility they drop more in tier 1-3 crates. CMTs are also available by completing the daily and weekly for ranked PvP. And EMCs drop off Master Mode (formerly known as Nightmare mode) ops bosses. SOME (not all) of the time the group finder op of the day reward includes some EMCs. CMTs and EMCs are only used to craft the rating 236 augments...for the moment.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Vercundus's Avatar


Vercundus
01.16.2018 , 05:46 AM | #4
Also, Isotopes drop from Eternal Championship. 3 Tier 1 are guaranteed, Tier 2 is rare drop. T1 is still useful.
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
01.16.2018 , 09:42 AM | #5
Thanks all for the information.

With all the changes made last year with the expansion to simplify the old gearing systems because they were so confusing, it is great to see how they made things easy to understand (/sarcasm).

Guess I need to go pray to RNGsus as all the 234+ schematics I get are always some fixed gear (useless) and never a mod or something like a relic, implant, or ear.

I do have the new augment schematics, but not near enough mats, and no way I'm spending the credits on buying them for a few stat points with no new progression content (not to mention with my luck, they'd just announce a new 'expansion' - expansion meaning a new level cap, everything scaled up again, and a few hours of new story).

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
01.16.2018 , 10:09 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Thanks all for the information.

With all the changes made last year with the expansion to simplify the old gearing systems because they were so confusing, it is great to see how they made things easy to understand (/sarcasm).

Guess I need to go pray to RNGsus as all the 234+ schematics I get are always some fixed gear (useless) and never a mod or something like a relic, implant, or ear.

I do have the new augment schematics, but not near enough mats, and no way I'm spending the credits on buying them for a few stat points with no new progression content (not to mention with my luck, they'd just announce a new 'expansion' - expansion meaning a new level cap, everything scaled up again, and a few hours of new story).
234+ mod-object schematics drop from Ops bosses as well as in command crates.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
01.16.2018 , 10:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
234+ mod-object schematics drop from Ops bosses as well as in command crates.
I saw a few drop in Ops but didn't win any rolls, and sadly it seems more people these days are 'LFM Granked' or whatever than running Ops, so have only had a chance to run a few - I'll keep at it.

I also believe (correct me if I'm wrong), but purple mods pulled from set gear can be reverse engineered for a schematic, but green, blue, and gold mods as well as individual mods cannot be reverse engineered.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
01.16.2018 , 11:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
I also believe (correct me if I'm wrong), but purple mods pulled from set gear can be reverse engineered for a schematic, but green, blue, and gold mods as well as individual mods cannot be reverse engineered.
That's right, but the schematic-produced armorings don't have any set bonus on them. I'm not saying that to discourage you, just to make sure you know.

(EDIT: I said "mod-objects" but of course the set bonus is only on the armorings. Corrected.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

LG_XxLegacyxX's Avatar


LG_XxLegacyxX
03.23.2018 , 01:43 AM | #9
Where does the Signal Disruptor drop from?
OPA GUNGAN STYLE
Daedra (Karagatzu) [The Harbinger]
<Blood Bath and Beyond> PvP/PvE guild

Sir-Zane's Avatar


Sir-Zane
03.24.2018 , 06:15 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LG_XxLegacyxX View Post
Where does the Signal Disruptor drop from?
rich/bountiful slicing missions. grade 10, I believe, but could be mistaken about that part