Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Now give us all Cross Faction maps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Now give us all Cross Faction maps

Evolixe
01.13.2018 , 04:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Well, tough then.

That's on players.
Yes it is. And its not going to change, so the game has to change it for them.

There is no argument here, so what are you trying to say?
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Andferne
01.13.2018 , 05:29 PM | #22
I am all for every map to be cross faction. Pvpers want to PvP not sit in que waiting. Fortunately the server merges helped a lot with waiting. But why stop there when you can make ques pop even more.
Beta Tester since Dec of 2010

Aeneas_Falco
01.13.2018 , 06:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Yes it is. And its not going to change, so the game has to change it for them.

There is no argument here, so what are you trying to say?
I made my point clear in my first two posts in this thread.

You disagree. Time to move on.

countdemons
01.13.2018 , 07:26 PM | #24
Whilst I can see the merits of this, this is Star Wars. Republic vs the Empire. Bioware killed of OWPVP because people were whining that they had to pvp on a pvp server.....

The joined "alliance" story was bad enough, now people want cross faction everything. When they get that, next it will be, just make the game have one class, to prevent class imbalance, it gives all players an equal chance etc etc.

Notice I am just listing the reason's you lot gave for cross faction PVP?

Then it will be just make the only class in the game have one single ability, due to some abilities being far more powerful than others.

We may as well just sit in a dark room with our eyes shut, sitting on our hands and not breathing.

If you want no factions, go play a MOBA like League of Legends etc.

It's bad enough they removed almost all stats from the game because people were too incompetent to realise that Sniper's did not need strength, and that a merc healer in a dps cell wasn't going very far. Also apparently it was too hard for people to work out how much surge they needed also?

The dumbing down of almost everything in this is game is becoming painful. Lets not start messing with the fundamentals of Star Wars as well now please.
Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
TOFN - TRE
Harbinger
KoTFE - Death of end game raiding http://www.swtor.com/r/xTdy9B

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2018 , 12:24 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
No. I wont carrie useless reps in regs. 2/10, nothing to discuss here
Just as many bad Imps as reps. I think that was proven in all the Yavin matches.

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2018 , 12:33 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
And it seems like one of the solutions we have the most hope (but still rather little, imo) of actually bullying bioware into implementing. It's what, year 6 of swtor? We've gotta be pragmatic in our asks
I think it’s pragmatic. Its obvious they can get the queue to do it, so it’s not a technical hurdle. The only hurdle I’ve heard of is the voice overs at the beginning. Even that can be surpassed because there is already an announcement if you are playing the same faction. But even if that was a problem for some WZs, it wouldn’t be for Hutt Ball because the factions aren’t even mentioned.

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2018 , 12:38 AM | #27
On Star Forge it's fairly balanced in the latter, so I don't really see across the board cross-faction queues as necessary for either side to get wins. On that server if you solo pug equally on both factions (and I do) the wins and losses are more or less the same regardless of what faction you queue on. Of course sometimes one faction can go on a run but in the end it seems to balance out. I think Reps win slightly more often, usually because they have more heals or skanks, but not to the extent that the devs need to step in and fix things. If Reps have an edge it is very slight.

One faction completely dominating the other is mainly a Satele Shan thing, where Imps usually ROFLstomp Pubs, and that could be solved by some good PVPers starting to queue on Rep side toons. Instead everyone stacks Imp and worsens the problem.

I'm in favor of across the board cross faction queues but only to reduce queue times when necessary.
SF is in no way balanced. A lot of the Imps are really terrible, much worse than the reps. The problem is there are more Imps than reps, so the reps get less pvp pops than Imps.
Cross faction doesn’t just balance skill across the population, it also balances numbers so reps can get some more pvp games.

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2018 , 12:43 AM | #28
It isn't a problem on every server. Sorry, but that's just not the case on Star Forge.
As someone who only concentrates on pvp and plays on both SS and SF, I can say from my experience, that Imps are worse on SF than Reps. Some are so bad that when Yavin pops, even when I’m on an Imp class, I pray there will be more reps than Imps.

helpmewin
01.14.2018 , 12:50 AM | #29
Don't think thats a good idea. I'd rather to see back sith vs jedi confrontation, objective based owPvP. Some cross faction maps - yes, yolo ranked cross-faction is what actually peoples asking about for a years, its a Baron Deathmark deathmatch - not breaking any lore - as a Huttball maps btw - they should be cross-faction too.
Referral link - get free 7 sub days and free transfer.
Competetive arenas video guide

TrixxieTriss
01.14.2018 , 12:51 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Andferne View Post
I am all for every map to be cross faction. Pvpers want to PvP not sit in que waiting. Fortunately the server merges helped a lot with waiting. But why stop there when you can make ques pop even more.
Queue pops have slowed right down to what they were just after the mergers and they continue to slow and will get worse as the weather in the US warms up and you move into your summer.
I’m already experiencing 2 hour wait times outside of US prime times because Bioware have driven other APAC players from the game. This was a problem before the mergers and it’s quickly getting bad again.
Cross faction helps in multiple ways.
1. Fixes Faction skill imbalance
2. Fixes faction population imbalance
3. Increases pop times