Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Now give us all Cross Faction maps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Now give us all Cross Faction maps

WayOfTheWarriorx
01.31.2018 , 08:09 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Grim, you probably never played a DS Jedi Knight. No dark sith can hold a candle to how twisted and insane this guy is. And it also is much more effective because everyone is so surprised when you behave like that (a sith's evil is an assumption, so everyone already expects this). Might become your new love according to what you said
While I kinda dig the idea in theory [A Darkside Jedi Knight] as I understand it it doesn't really matter how dark, twisted and evil you are, there are no real ramifications for it. If I may quote Trixxie -

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
After doing the story once along the lines of the game’s interpretation of the perfect Jedi, I never did it that way again. All mine used every opportunity (within the game’s limited story) to a more reasoned approach or even a dark Jedi, but the game never has any consequences for doing that. I could be more evil than a Sith Lord and still come out smelling like a saint.
If the Jedi Council who are around a few times and interact with the character if I remember correctly from when my brother was doing the Jedi Knight Story, I'm not sure how they could overlook that the 6 or so Jedi Masters who you deal with on and off would sense the Darkside in the character.

But it is a really interesting concept, and I tend to think you're right, I probably would dig if in fact the darkside nature of the character is acknowledged in the story. Just seeing "Darkside IV" on my character sheet should be the only difference. If they did acknowledge it tho and it made the storyline go noticeably different at some points, I would be all over that play through! I can totally see that being fun as hell if it were like that.

It does raise the issue of being more acceptable for a Sith to be Fighting along side a Jedi. Let's face it, there are many Darkside users in the official SW's storyline [movies] who were formally Jedi Knights. In fact, I think it would be wicked if you fall to the Darkside and are "irredeemable" that perhaps there could be a mechanic that allowed for defecting to the Empire [even the other way too, a Sith who falls to the Lightside defecting to the Republic].

A Darkside Jedi on the same team with Imps, that I could sign onto! Perhaps even non Jedi as well. Let's say for example, A Gunslinger or a Scoundrel who is a criminal and was Dark Side III, they're only ostensibly "pubs", if they are not aiding the Republic in the war against the Empire, than affiliation is not an issue as much. Not alot of drug dealers, mass murderers, kidnappers and habitual rapists filling the ranks in the military!

I also don't see why Bounty Hunters would care either way either. They go where the work is. Boba Fett didn't work for the Empire for free! Commandos would be a big no no tho, they are Soldiers in the Republic Army. I'm not saying they couldn't be darkside, just that even darkside, they're still fighting the war against the Empire.

Just out of curiosity, I haven't played BF2 yet. Is there an option to mix Imperial and Republic players in PVP in it? I hear alot of complaints about BF2, but it looks absolutely wicked.
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1

TrixxieTriss
02.02.2018 , 10:21 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
While I kinda dig the idea in theory [A Darkside Jedi Knight] as I understand it it doesn't really matter how dark, twisted and evil you are, there are no real ramifications for it. If I may quote Trixxie -

If the Jedi Council who are around a few times and interact with the character if I remember correctly from when my brother was doing the Jedi Knight Story, I'm not sure how they could overlook that the 6 or so Jedi Masters who you deal with on and off would sense the Darkside in the character.

But it is a really interesting concept, and I tend to think you're right, I probably would dig if in fact the darkside nature of the character is acknowledged in the story. Just seeing "Darkside IV" on my character sheet should be the only difference. If they did acknowledge it tho and it made the storyline go noticeably different at some points, I would be all over that play through! I can totally see that being fun as hell if it were like that.

It does raise the issue of being more acceptable for a Sith to be Fighting along side a Jedi. Let's face it, there are many Darkside users in the official SW's storyline [movies] who were formally Jedi Knights. In fact, I think it would be wicked if you fall to the Darkside and are "irredeemable" that perhaps there could be a mechanic that allowed for defecting to the Empire [even the other way too, a Sith who falls to the Lightside defecting to the Republic].

A Darkside Jedi on the same team with Imps, that I could sign onto! Perhaps even non Jedi as well. Let's say for example, A Gunslinger or a Scoundrel who is a criminal and was Dark Side III, they're only ostensibly "pubs", if they are not aiding the Republic in the war against the Empire, than affiliation is not an issue as much. Not alot of drug dealers, mass murderers, kidnappers and habitual rapists filling the ranks in the military!

I also don't see why Bounty Hunters would care either way either. They go where the work is. Boba Fett didn't work for the Empire for free! Commandos would be a big no no tho, they are Soldiers in the Republic Army. I'm not saying they couldn't be darkside, just that even darkside, they're still fighting the war against the Empire.
Part of the trooper story is hunting your old squad down for betraying the Republic and selling out to the Empire, so you shouldn’t rule them out of the equation either. On the starting planet when you confront them, they even ask you to join them.

I’ve always thought a third faction would have been good. One run by the crime families or the Hutts.

TrixxieTriss
02.02.2018 , 10:23 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Grim, you probably never played a DS Jedi Knight. No dark sith can hold a candle to how twisted and insane this guy is. And it also is much more effective because everyone is so surprised when you behave like that (a sith's evil is an assumption, so everyone already expects this). Might become your new love according to what you said
The probelem with the story is, they are just that, “surprised” and there are no ramifications for being darkside,

WayOfTheWarriorx
02.02.2018 , 11:25 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Part of the trooper story is hunting your old squad down for betraying the Republic and selling out to the Empire, so you shouldn’t rule them out of the equation either. On the starting planet when you confront them, they even ask you to join them.

I’ve always thought a third faction would have been good. One run by the crime families or the Hutts.
Plenty of examples from lore of Criminal Organizations from Star Wars that had impacts on things.

Black Sun
Exchange
Bogga's criminal empire
Shadow Syndicate
The Rodian/Sullustan crime syndicate
Talon Karrde and his Crime Organization from the Timothy Zahn Trilogy which was where Mara Jade was first introduced as she was working with him.

That could definitely work as a 3rd neutral faction and would be very interesting. Certainly precedents for it. I wouldn't mind that at all. It's a good idea.
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1

LordTurin
02.02.2018 , 11:41 PM | #145
Actually there are ramifications for being dark Jedi Knight.

Spoiler
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

TrixxieTriss
02.02.2018 , 11:47 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Actually there are ramifications for being dark Jedi Knight.

Spoiler
It’s still not much of a ramification. You are still a hero at the end of the story. Maybe if she kicked you out of the Jedi order it would be a real ramification

Rafiknoll
02.03.2018 , 01:52 PM | #147
I suspect you don't remember the story of the Jedi so well.
Knight story spoilers ahead:
Spoiler

Consular spoilers:
Spoiler

Just a select few which I could remember without googling, and while the smuggler and trooper are less insane-power-hungry evil, they are just as bad (siding with a sith against a padawan, for example).

To be honest I think that the LIGHT imperial stories and the DARK republic stories are the best. The main character looks so realistic in the form of "I walk my own path" rather than "I am one of thousands just like me, but stronger".

TrixxieTriss
02.04.2018 , 10:04 PM | #148
But at the end, where are the ramifications except a slap on the wrist?

You should at least be expelled for the Jedi order or better, hunted by them to either be saved or killed.