Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Now give us all Cross Faction maps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Now give us all Cross Faction maps

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.13.2018 , 03:28 AM | #1
It’s now well and truely been proven that cross faction works in Yavin. Now we need all maps to be made cross faction.

omaan's Avatar


omaan
01.13.2018 , 07:25 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It’s now well and truely been proven that cross faction works in Yavin. Now we need all maps to be made cross faction.
No. I wont carrie useless reps in regs. 2/10, nothing to discuss here

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
01.13.2018 , 10:11 AM | #3
Solo ranked needs to be cross faction as well.

Speaking of which, I am recruiting people to help me spam it in SWTOR's twitch chat whenever they're live.

Rafiknoll's Avatar


Rafiknoll
01.13.2018 , 10:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
No. I wont carrie useless reps in regs. 2/10, nothing to discuss here
Factional racism? You DO realize that many players play both factions? I am quite sure that if I make a shadow tank I will be as skilled with it as I am with my sin. And have you never met useless imps?
Are you also claiming to have never lost to reps? Even if you would say something such as "if I lost they were premade" or "if reps win its only because they have more healers", both answers still support cross-faction because it is a solution. Even if one group gets 5 healers versus 0 healers as a result of the mismatchmaking, now everyone regardless of something meaningless such as faction has 50% chance to be on either side. Even if you say "tbh no, imps ALWAYS win versus reps" it is a reason to do cross-faction to even the odds of both groups.

I upvote the OP. Good idea, and do it in solo ranked and GSF too (too bad it is impossible in TR... Oh well, one place for the faction-elitists to retreat to )

First rep to post a picture of himself carrying the quoted number-wise or even better objective-wise (solo capped a node to turn the tide, for example) will do us a great service for proving the point. Any skill gap faction-wise is incidental.

DiavoIa's Avatar


DiavoIa
01.13.2018 , 11:58 AM | #5
I agree, be nice if ranked was cross faction too, this will resolve queue syncying on a low pop faction.

sayNih's Avatar


sayNih
01.13.2018 , 12:36 PM | #6
You are giving up on solutions to mitigate faction imbalance that have been offered in the past.
""*

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
01.13.2018 , 12:45 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sayNih View Post
You are giving up on solutions to mitigate faction imbalance that have been offered in the past.
No, we are just presenting one that is proven to work and non-damaging to any core part of the game.

Also, I am in full support of this thread.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
01.13.2018 , 12:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
No, we are just presenting one that is proven to work and non-damaging to any core part of the game.
And it seems like one of the solutions we have the most hope (but still rather little, imo) of actually bullying bioware into implementing. It's what, year 6 of swtor? We've gotta be pragmatic in our asks

psandak's Avatar


psandak
01.13.2018 , 01:24 PM | #9
I do support this request, however there is a monkey wrench that will probably prevent it from ever happening: Warzones do have a story behind them...

The short version is that in ACW, Denova, Voidstar, and Hypergate both factions are attempting to gain a strategic advantage over the other. Do all the WZs become "simulations" like when both sides are the same faction?

OPG and Yavin also have story behind them but have been tailored to be faction neutral and therefore cross-faction works.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Going's Avatar


Going
01.13.2018 , 02:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
Solo ranked needs to be cross faction as well.

Speaking of which, I am recruiting people to help me spam it in SWTOR's twitch chat whenever they're live.
yes...Yes...YES!
Out of all quality of life improvements this would be one of the highest value IMO. They hopefully go this route before the population dwindles down in the upcoming years.
I don't see this breaking any story elements, and it would actually make more sense if the arena sense of things.
Deceiving Believing - Going - Medsrus

Godlovesugly - Netsrus -Usabuildsufos