Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc healing- Ranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorc healing- Ranked

Aeneas_Falco
01.14.2018 , 01:37 PM | #11
TheHiveLeader's Guide to Healing In MMOs

Whether PVE or PVP this video has all the information you'd ever need.

DavidAtkinson
01.14.2018 , 02:33 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jimalexblack View Post
Hey Everyone.

Name is Jim, play on the Darth Malgus Server. I am fully geared and augmented. I've recently starting doing team ranked again, after not playing it since pre-season and s1. I'm not terrible *(current rating is 1503), some say I'm actually alright! But I'm not amazing nor that notable imo. I'd like to improve, but the guides out there don't really cover specifics on how to improve at the higher level.

I have a question for the sorc healers out there.

My current situation is that i am reasonably good at playing against hard switch compositions presuming I have a decent tank with me who can switch guard etc.

However -The current Meta is obviously going full cleave/dotageddon with PTs, Snipers etc. What I find is that I am completely unable to keep up with the healing required, against bad teams that play this comp I am fine, as they do no cc me and let me freecast and heal the crap out of my team. However when I am cc'd constantly, I completely fail. Then I get the usual "buff your hps", "Healer ***" etc etc.

I know that against the best teams playing this spec its unlikely I'll win as it is not possible to keep up with 2 DPS and a tank going full derp aoe. But I want to know after the game that I did everything I could to succeed and we didn't lose due to my 'badness'.

So if any of you have any top tips to help improve my game I'd be very greatful!

(FYI- I'm not looking for Dulfy links, or basic guide videos)

You dont need to blame yourself..

This new meta with pt skank, dot mara sniper, is kinda hopeless when they are on voice and are from good guilds too...

Unless you can pull up 15k hps, it's impossible to win it.

They will stun you to death and your team will die from slow AOE death. I don't know who you are on Malgus, but I;m pretty sure it wasn't your fault.

I am ashamed to admit that I never won vs this combo. I think only once when they were bads and another time when their healer got lag spikes and got dc-d.

Pretty sure u are pretty good. We might have even played together. Good luck

Mantlers
02.05.2018 , 08:03 AM | #13
hey Jim, I am experiencing the same challenge with the aoe pressure comp trend thats happening in ranked atm. Find it challenging to pump out the raw hps needed to counter while maintaining healthy force pool, and as others have mentioned, it also has to be a team effort. 8.5-9.5k hps consistently on a sorc is impressive tho, gj. Only pushing 8.5k myself atm in full 248 so if you got any tips/good vids/guide, do share!

SlimeyDoom
02.05.2018 , 09:38 AM | #14
1950 rated sorc with multiple 1800 rated sorcs too.

Pressure comps with a Pt tank is the hardest counter to sorc healing right now. It wasnít really as bad before the nerf where you could smash your face on the keyboard and do 10k hps, but the nerfs to innervate, roaming mend, and force management were pretty brutal.

Sorc heals against pressure basically is playing on a timer. Your team is going to die eventually, and they need to get a kill before that happens. The real struggle comes with maintaining revivification 100% of the time while also managing force. Basically you consume once, and then hard cast reviv, then consume the vindicate buff to make sure youíre Force positive. Thatís something I guess.

With pressure, positioning is just as important as healing, if not more so. NEVER stack too much. You mentioned engi snipers, so basically stand in the very edge of the engi probe where you canít be mezzed but outside of the Pt tank cancer trauma spam. Thereís probably more I could say but Iíd have to see what youíre playing against/how youíre playing rn.

Tl:dr you have to play with a team that can get kills fast