Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Skank Gear and Combat Proficiences thread... post your build

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
PvP Skank Gear and Combat Proficiences thread... post your build

OldMonkWF
03.22.2018 , 03:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Thought this next patch the devs are going to absolutely curb stomp skank tanking?
I afraid this. And decided be focused on DPS, a while.

KendraP
03.23.2018 , 01:53 AM | #22
Thought this next patch the devs are going to absolutely curb stomp skank tanking?
Yeah the plan is for 5.9 to nerf skanks. We have no idea how, so i personally have stopped gearing out skanks until we know more.

TalonVII
03.23.2018 , 03:47 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Yeah the plan is for 5.9 to nerf skanks. We have no idea how, so i personally have stopped gearing out skanks until we know more.
And 5 bucks is it gets nerf stomped and standard tanking gets no help what so ever. RIP PT/VG. All hail SA/JS tanks.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

KendraP
03.23.2018 , 02:34 PM | #24
And 5 bucks is it gets nerf stomped and standard tanking gets no help what so ever. RIP PT/VG. All hail SA/JS tanks.
I hope that they dont, in typical BW fashion, completely destroy tanking in pvp.

That said i have rather low expectations. Expecting to go off on another nerd rage rant in a month.

TalonVII
03.23.2018 , 04:40 PM | #25
I hope that they dont, in typical BW fashion, completely destroy tanking in pvp.

That said i have rather low expectations. Expecting to go off on another nerd rage rant in a month.
It's why way back when I flipped my main from a PT to a Merc. Granted I still have a PvP 57 PT working on Makeb right now but I might skip to the FE arc once I finish Makeb.

But I was planning to read up and go full Skank on my PT and VG(have a few 70s) but now I am going to shy away from that and just work on my Merc.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

AdjeYo
03.24.2018 , 06:31 AM | #26

Well they have acknowledged the issue of skanking in the past, but didn't do anything about it for some time. So I have some hope that they used this time to come up with reasonable changes, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

KendraP
03.24.2018 , 12:34 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Well they have acknowledged the issue of skanking in the past, but didn't do anything about it for some time. So I have some hope that they used this time to come up with reasonable changes, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.
Yeah like the "reaaonable changes" to gearing in 5.0 with GC or to conquest currently?

The only way to fix skanking that's not painting an elephant is to make tanking stats function. That is, after all, the reason tanks run dps stats for pvp. After that is addressed, talk about gear limiting, damage nerfing/capping, or whatever.

All that said, this change requires reworking the combat system far more than merely changing a number. It requires careful consideration of the different ways tanks function in pve vs pvp and somehow delicately balancing the two.

Careful and delicate are not words i would use to describe BW.

Further, the fact that the only hints we have are tantalizing comments at the end of twitch streams, etc obviously imply they have no intention of testing this on pts or even announcing them in time for feedback. Aka typical bw.

How "exciting!"