Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Steam Overlay - Working on win7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Steam Overlay - Working on win7

AlbertKARR
09.02.2012 , 08:23 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by jmagik View Post
I had the issue where the game would launch and the overlay stopped working and steam showed me as Online in blue text....

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO REMEMBER TO DO!!!!

> (Required) Target: "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" "PUT FULLPATH TO steamswtor.vbs"

MAKE SURE YOU PUT IN THE TARGET "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR IN YOUR DIRECTORY!!!

Example: "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Star Wars - The Old Republic\steamswtor.vbs

After I did that it worked flawlessly.
I did every thing and didnt work, so I started to investigate and I founded the reason why everything it's ok but overlay doesnt appears.

It seems that the nVidia Optimus Technology included in laptops have some problems with Steam Overlay so we have to wait to nVidia or Steam to fix it.

Chiltonium
10.20.2012 , 01:27 PM | #142
been working fine and just ranomly stopped working today.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

MoobooMagoo
10.20.2012 , 04:09 PM | #143
Hmm, I got it to launch properly, but not with the overlay.

I'll have to check it out later.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

Chiltonium
10.20.2012 , 06:21 PM | #144
I found out what it was, it was Bandicam.

launching with bandicam running makes the overlay not work XD weird and I dunno why!
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

bloodatonement
10.27.2012 , 11:38 AM | #145
Running Win7 64, if I run steam as admin, the script will launch TOR, but shift+tab doesn't open the overlay. If I run steam non-admin I after I launch TOR and click "Play" I get an "Unable to create temporary workspace file" error. Any idea what I should do?

ShaneBarnes
11.12.2012 , 02:52 PM | #146
I'm so confused. I see so many threads about updates and whatnot. Can you folks confirm if it's working fine, and point me to the latest steps to go through?

Thanks in advance!

SgtKatharn
02.13.2013 , 11:27 PM | #147
Four One Nine
Empire Squadron 419 Guild
Moving to The Harbinger if closures go a head Sign the Petition

JohnEConnor
12.05.2014 , 10:48 PM | #148
This worked for me. Thank you very much. I used Windows 8.

fluppagus
03.17.2015 , 08:49 AM | #149
It worked for me, but I have this odd problem where the Steam created shortcut on my desktop doesn't load anything. If I run it from the library page or even the task bar steam menu it loads, but not from the shortcut. Any thoughts?
Alanor Rondaris Guardian Tank LvL 60
Kinetic
Shadowlands
Aussie CE Owner

Jessyr
07.11.2015 , 10:55 PM | #150
I just wanted to add that this script is working flawlessly on windows 8.1 x64.
As everyone else has mentioned, jsut make sure the paths are correct. I was adding an 'S' into cscript.exe thinking it was cs script. As soon as I fixed it, it worked.

I had to do this after a fresh install of the game when for some reason I wasnt getting screenshots in cutscenes. I.I heard steam screenshot function works flawlessly...and so far it does!! I highly recommend it.

As an aside, left click on the title in your steam library and add a shortcut to desktop if you dont want to start it from the steam library everytime. That way it'll use the paths you provided in steam.

Works like a charm, big thankyou!!