Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why I stopped playing SWTOR

Ashlockheart
01.03.2018 , 01:02 PM | #1
When the class story's ended that was when the game started going down hill. Still til this day you can do a search on the forms and see the Massive cry for story, and Companion story's. I am a fan of the game, but what made me stop playing was when there was no more class story. When I first played and got that first light saber and the epic feel they give you, I was hooked!!! They did such a great job making you feel connected to the character you were playing as.

Those were the pillars that made the game. That is were the kid part of me misses the most. If they were to go back to there roots, and focus on that rich character design and Story then you would see me return in a heart beat.

The issue I saw with the game is they were trying to find a place for everyone from pvp, star ships ,to sandbox. If they didn't try to follow every kind of player then the game would have been bigger then ever. Will they ever go back? nothing is impossible, but at the end of the day I think they will follow the money, and not what made there game so amazing to me. Its sad to see what they do so well to be thrown away in favor of money, but that's just how gaming company's work.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Eshvara
01.03.2018 , 01:05 PM | #2
I hope you find a game you enjoy.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

Ashlockheart
01.03.2018 , 01:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I hope you find a game you enjoy.
Thanks. No matter what SWTOR will hold a special place in my heart, and god bless those you tube videos that show the story's so I can always remember them.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

dscount
01.03.2018 , 02:15 PM | #4
I always said they gave the best part of the game away to F2P players.

The Story Content (8 Class Stories) is what made this game great.

Bringing it all down to a single thread did not. Revisit those story lines and add to them and I bet things would likely turn around a bit, but still other things are needed to make a recovery.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Atalantia
01.03.2018 , 02:17 PM | #5
It took them what three years to do 8 stories. Don't think they could 8 more in 6 months
Was before F2P

TUXs
01.03.2018 , 02:29 PM | #6
The best story in any MMO is YOURS! Not the one that ends, all stories end...but the story YOU make after you've completed what was written. No developer could ever keep up making individual stories...heck, some can't even produce 5 Ops bosses over the course of a full year...but I digress...so I've always believed that the best story possible was the one that "I" make...not the one that gets me there.

I'm sorry to see you go...I hope you return.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Kramnikae
01.04.2018 , 11:06 AM | #7
I'm sorry but after the first 8 story lines, all of the missions become linear...you don't really have a choice to make the story yours.
"What? Me Worry?" ~Alfred E. Neuman

lightSaberAddiCt
01.04.2018 , 11:42 AM | #8
They cant just focus on story, sorry. There are others that enjoy other parts of this game, and to think they should just focus on what YOU like, is a little selfish if you as me.

kotfe and kotet is what drove the game further into the depths of losing players. PERIOD. So called story people would wait a couple months, sub for 1 month, get all the expansion stories for 10 bucks then leave.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

AlrikFassbauer
01.04.2018 , 12:43 PM | #9
I still want to know whether I can -

Spoiler

Unfornately this would mean that II'd have to play each of these class stories through if I want to find out into what several dialog branches go ...

Heavy Spoiler example for that ( Consular story ) :

Spoiler
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

AlienEyeTX
01.04.2018 , 12:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashlockheart View Post
When the class story's ended that was when the game started going down hill. Still til this day you can do a search on the forms and see the Massive cry for story, and Companion story's. I am a fan of the game, but what made me stop playing was when there was no more class story. When I first played and got that first light saber and the epic feel they give you, I was hooked!!! They did such a great job making you feel connected to the character you were playing as.

Those were the pillars that made the game. That is were the kid part of me misses the most. If they were to go back to there roots, and focus on that rich character design and Story then you would see me return in a heart beat.

The issue I saw with the game is they were trying to find a place for everyone from pvp, star ships ,to sandbox. If they didn't try to follow every kind of player then the game would have been bigger then ever. Will they ever go back? nothing is impossible, but at the end of the day I think they will follow the money, and not what made there game so amazing to me. Its sad to see what they do so well to be thrown away in favor of money, but that's just how gaming company's work.
They answered all the calls for story. However, they did it in their typical, misguided, ham-handed manner. It got us KotFE and KotET.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku