Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bolster between gear tiers; explained

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolster between gear tiers; explained

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
01.03.2018 , 10:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
1: you are already over bolster with 246-248. If they are augment there will be no bolster and you’ll get exactly what you put in. Remember that bolster is up to 242 only. The only reason 248 is bolstering is because this test was done without augs and at 248 they account for augs being in your gear; therefore you are bolstered.

2: 246 will not bolster if you have augments on. Also keep in mind that mods/enhancements you buy might not be all low end/high mastery.
So BIS for PvP is 248, no augments?

That is sickly comical considering the mat farming in ranked.

So glad I have my EVE Online accounts.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.03.2018 , 10:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
So BIS for PvP is 248, no augments?

That is sickly comical considering the mat farming in ranked.

So glad I have my EVE Online accounts.
I don’t think that’s what she’s saying.

I believe if you don’t have Augments you will get a small boost in stats to compensate, but that won’t be as high as if you have Augments in those slots. Once you put Augments in, they will give you much higher stats and Bolster won’t even be needed,

funnypat's Avatar


funnypat
01.03.2018 , 10:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I don’t think that’s what she’s saying.

I believe if you don’t have Augments you will get a small boost in stats to compensate, but that won’t be as high as if you have Augments in those slots. Once you put Augments in, they will give you much higher stats and Bolster won’t even be needed,
^ this

Whoever puts mk-1 augments in 248 gear is probably beyond saving anyway
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
01.03.2018 , 10:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
So BIS for PvP is 248, no augments?

That is sickly comical considering the mat farming in ranked.

So glad I have my EVE Online accounts.
248 bolster because their system is running under the assumption you always wear augments. Once you are fully auged you get no bolster past 242. Bolster is only there to help players who (for some reason) are wearing 248 without augments because of the massive stat bonus they are missing if they had augments.

248 fully auged is better than 248 bolstered without augments.

BiS is 248 fully augmented.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
01.03.2018 , 11:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
^ this

Whoever puts mk-1 augments in 248 gear is probably beyond saving anyway
What does MK-1 have to do with it?

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
01.03.2018 , 11:52 AM | #16

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
01.03.2018 , 12:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Everyone know about wind crystal relics. Relic slot is broken under swtors bolster math. The wind crystal other then some small amount of end, provide the same stat advantage as 248 relics. Depending on your uptime, 248s will still be better for hps/dps (high uptime on proc exceed the raw stat gain of the wind crystal).

I personally don’t mind them and I think others shouldn’t either. These relics only help players not have to grind out 248 relics. Cheap and easy to get off gtn.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Rafiknoll's Avatar


Rafiknoll
01.03.2018 , 12:09 PM | #18
Relics are kinda funny in the thing that their proc doesn't respect either kind of lvl sync and bolster. Due to that, the slightly higher passive stats of wind relics are not worth the lack of proc.

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
01.03.2018 , 12:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Relics are kinda funny in the thing that their proc doesn't respect either kind of lvl sync and bolster. Due to that, the slightly higher passive stats of wind relics are not worth the lack of proc.
Easiest way to tell is just calculate their raw stat gain vs 248 while factoring in the uptime of 248 stat gain with their proc.

If you do the math you need roughly 28%+ proc uptime for their stat gain to exceed the wind relics (of course no factoring in their proc because it doesn’t work in pvp). Higher uptime = more dps/hps.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that I’ve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
01.03.2018 , 12:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Everyone know about wind crystal relics. Relic slot is broken under swtors bolster math. The wind crystal other then some small amount of end, provide the same stat advantage as 248 relics. Depending on your uptime, 248s will still be better for hps/dps (high uptime on proc exceed the raw stat gain of the wind crystal).

I personally don’t mind them and I think others shouldn’t either. These relics only help players not have to grind out 248 relics. Cheap and easy to get off gtn.
I think it is a huge problem that gear doesn't bolster the same specifically because "Everyone" does not know.

Being competitive in the game should not require all sorts of meta data from the web to identify odd item combinations that no one would ever normally use.

It is all well and good to have the data, so that it can be sent to the devs to fix.