Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which DPS class for PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Which DPS class for PvP?

Frost_D
01.02.2018 , 11:47 AM | #1
Hello!

What do you think which DPS class / spec should I choose for PvP.
I know muck depends on the skill... but I'm still curious.
I like to play Marauder / Sentinel, Assassin / Shadow, Guardian / Juggernautl, Mercenary / Commando.
From the mentioned classes which one has the best DPS and survivability in PvP?

Foambreaker
01.02.2018 , 11:57 AM | #2
Mercenary

Floplag
01.02.2018 , 12:28 PM | #3
i was going to say "in before someone posts obligatory Merc comment", but i guess i was a little late.
Seriously though, thats quite a variety of lists all of which can be in a good place right now pending spec.
since it seems most of your choices are melee the implication is that you prefer that so Mara would likely be the best choice unless you wish to skank tank on the Sin/Jugg
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Greezt
01.02.2018 , 12:42 PM | #4
Whatever you enjoy. I don't really understand this type of question, to be honest. Would you play a class you don't like? How would that be fun?

I don't believe you like half the classes in the game equally, but if you do I suggest you alternate between them. I personally love playing shadow, so that's what I do.

Foambreaker
01.02.2018 , 01:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
i was going to say "in before someone posts obligatory Merc comment", but i guess i was a little late.
Seriously though, thats quite a variety of lists all of which can be in a good place right now pending spec.
since it seems most of your choices are melee the implication is that you prefer that so Mara would likely be the best choice unless you wish to skank tank on the Sin/Jugg
It wasn't my original choice but having reviewed OPs past posts I felt it was PERFECT

Floplag
01.02.2018 , 03:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
Whatever you enjoy. I don't really understand this type of question, to be honest. Would you play a class you don't like? How would that be fun?

I don't believe you like half the classes in the game equally, but if you do I suggest you alternate between them. I personally love playing shadow, so that's what I do.
You know this really is key, if you dont like it you wont be that good at it even if it is an op fotm class. Strive to be good at what you like rather than picking whats good and trying to like it. This is a game, its supposed to be fun... its not important in the grand scheme of things.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Aaroneus
01.02.2018 , 05:13 PM | #7
just play what you like dude. you're going to be more motivated to improve and perform well if you're playing a class that you genuinely enjoy playing.

GrimWulf
01.04.2018 , 06:27 AM | #8
Noticed the Sorc wasnt even on the list. Poor Sorcs I always hate these types of questions. What do you think I would enjoy playing... I dont even know you,play what you like.
Do I look fat in these pants...yes....goodbye:-)

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge...

LordGhoried
03.20.2018 , 11:36 PM | #9
The poster asked wich class where better at pvp. So, I won't give you the "play whatever you like" crappy answer that is totally missing the point and try to help. The following comments are for regular 8 vs 8 Arenas.

Sorcerer: lets start with the poor sorcerer; well, it has been my favorite class and I have been playing 6 years with some pauses, so I can tell that this class is the least performing for me right now, when it comes to damage (5.7) - (I don't play Powertech/Vanguards though). But that being said, it is still a viable class, since all the cool utility powers it has, plus you get a lightsaber (wich looks cool) and are ranged (easier). If you like to run all around and spread dots on everyone, you might consider Madness spec.
Juggs: some say that this is one of the least performing class, I don't think so. I play vengeance, I am unstoppable, I cut through weak opponents like fire through butter, and catch me if you can. Awesome class for getting medals. No need to say that I love this class/spec.
Maras: pain in the *** if you get one of these chasing you without a healer to back you up, and they can vanish when it gets dangerous. Plus this kind of "vanish" cannot be cancelled with AOE, dots, etc. Why play a sin? I am not sure myself. Good overall class, nasty damage output, defense is fine. If you like nervous gameplay, try this!
Mercenaries: Best class right now, they say. It's kind of true, very good defense and damage. If you like to run everywhere and do good damage, this class might be for you.
Snipers: in pvp go Engeneering spec and watch them burn and get slowed, while craying for their momies. This is my favorite class/spec with Vengeance Jugg. Awesome damage, not the most mobile class.
Sins: Assassins, are fine I would say, just fine. I would recommend to play this class to take/defend nodes.
Agents: same as above.
These comments are based on my game experience. May the Force be with you and frag em all.

-Bob-
03.22.2018 , 01:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Frost_D View Post
Hello!

What do you think which DPS class / spec should I choose for PvP.
I know muck depends on the skill... but I'm still curious.
I like to play Marauder / Sentinel, Assassin / Shadow, Guardian / Juggernautl, Mercenary / Commando.
From the mentioned classes which one has the best DPS and survivability in PvP?
Quote: Originally Posted by LordGhoried View Post
The poster asked wich class where better at pvp.
Nowhere in ops post do i see him ask "where better at pvp".
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link