Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why did Double XP/CXP end early?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did Double XP/CXP end early?

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
01.02.2018 , 09:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
Why did Double XP/CXP end early?.
So many people were doing it, they ran out of XP early and had to wait to re-fill it.
________________________________________________
A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.
Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.02.2018 , 10:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
Oh come on.

Nearly a month, which is longer than they originally planned, to take advantage of this and you people *still* can’t budget your time and you’re crying cuz you missed a few hours right at the end?

Unreal.
I don't often agree with PetFish (nothing personal, we just have differing views), but he's spot on with this. You've had plenty of time to take advantage of double XP/CXP...if you waited until the last minute, that's on you. I'd like it if CXP was doubled permanently...but to complain because you missed out a few hours of a 3-week event, is just silly.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
01.02.2018 , 10:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I don't often agree with PetFish (nothing personal, we just have differing views), but he's spot on with this. You've had plenty of time to take advantage of double XP/CXP...if you waited until the last minute, that's on you. I'd like it if CXP was doubled permanently...but to complain because you missed out a few hours of a 3-week event, is just silly.
Exactly!
But come on, Pet & TUXs, we all know that if they didn't have something to complain about that meant the game was officially dead. lol They could hand out free CC's to every sub & some would come on her complaining about a refund because they just spent money on CC's when they could have gotten them for free.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Qouivandes's Avatar


Qouivandes
01.02.2018 , 10:58 AM | #24
I had thought it ended on 1/2. no bother, though, i now have 4 300s (two because of this event) and am OK now. I didnt get to play much the last three weeks due to a deadline at work and i spent most of my time planning meals that tasted OK coming up as they did going down. why people show up to work knowing they have the flu is beyond me. no matter what precautions i took...i still ended up getting it. started on 12/5 and didnt seem to ever go away until this past Friday.

however, i have determined, though, that I no longer care about getting toons to 300 and if i never see another snowball I will be just fine. especially since i had thought the ecosystem decorations were part of the event and not tied to the CM bloated prices. however, i have about 1000 holographic christm...life day trees, the three mounts available or parcels, and, unless they add something new, i am done with the life day event from now going forward.

so, I am going to go back to how i was playing before the game went crazy the last two months. maybe ill try out the rhacgual (ms) event next go around, but really need more BBA contracts. the gree event is a no go for me.

however, to stay on topic: there was a lot of time to take advantage of the event and double exp/cxp. i still have two toons to get to 70 that i started a few months ago, but I have more than enough ways to increase the exp gains so that its really a none issue. i still need to start the actual chapter 1 on my new secondary main (assassin), but at least he is now in gear suited for his class.
*”˜˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜˜”*
•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜.•°*”˜ Ebon Hawk ˜”*°•. ˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

RudeDog's Avatar


RudeDog
01.02.2018 , 02:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
Secondly, asking for people to be accurate is not a crime. I'm sure you expect your employer to be accurate with your paycheck.
Exactly, I agree completely. Not sure what brings people out of the woodwork to continually white knight for EA. EA stated that the event would run from "DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT".

No one made EA post this information. I was expecting the event to run until yesterday at 7 PM ET per their own statement. Those of you attacking other players for expecting EA to honor their commitment are just wrong. As mistakes go this is a minor one, but frankly EA has little credibility and I would expect they would try to improve their credibility by trying to limit their mistakes.

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
01.02.2018 , 02:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RudeDog View Post
Exactly, I agree completely. Not sure what brings people out of the woodwork to continually white knight for EA. EA stated that the event would run from "DECEMBER 12, 2017 – JANUARY 1, 2018: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 4PM PST/12AM GMT".

No one made EA post this information. I was expecting the event to run until yesterday at 7 PM ET per their own statement. Those of you attacking other players for expecting EA to honor their commitment are just wrong. As mistakes go this is a minor one, but frankly EA has little credibility and I would expect they would try to improve their credibility by trying to limit their mistakes.
Actually it's not white knighting. It's expecting what's happened the last few times to continue to happen. Which is what happened.
Technically it's incorrect anyway because GMT to PST is actually PST the previous day. So 12am GMT on Jan 1, is 4pm PST on Dec. 31....
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
01.02.2018 , 02:44 PM | #27
Double CXP and Valor should be default rate.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
01.02.2018 , 02:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I don't often agree with PetFish (nothing personal, we just have differing views), but he's spot on with this. You've had plenty of time to take advantage of double XP/CXP...if you waited until the last minute, that's on you. I'd like it if CXP was doubled permanently...but to complain because you missed out a few hours of a 3-week event, is just silly.
It might be "silly" for players who have managed to log in every day of that three week window,

As the last three weeks have been (and are every year) the three busiest weeks of the year for my work I've managed to login just 5 times over the last three weeks, 4 of those over the last 4 days of the event, and YES those missing minutes make a difference in that scenario.

But that is all beside the point.

If the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT of an event says it finishes at X Time on Y Date then that is damn well what Time and Date it should finish.

If they don't even care enough about the quality of their product to get simple calendar management announcements right it is no wonder they spent the last 12 moths blundering through late delivered, cut short content and badly thought out nerfs.

It is indicative of a workforce simply not giving a damn about the quality and integrity of the work they do.

Which, ultimately, is why SWTOR is failing - too much, too wrong, too often - and no one in the chain of command who gives enough of a damn to fix it.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
01.02.2018 , 03:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
It might be "silly" for players who have managed to log in every day of that three week window,

As the last three weeks have been (and are every year) the three busiest weeks of the year for my work I've managed to login just 5 times over the last three weeks, 4 of those over the last 4 days of the event, and YES those missing minutes make a difference in that scenario.

But that is all beside the point.

If the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT of an event says it finishes at X Time on Y Date then that is damn well what Time and Date it should finish.

If they don't even care enough about the quality of their product to get simple calendar management announcements right it is no wonder they spent the last 12 moths blundering through late delivered, cut short content and badly thought out nerfs.

It is indicative of a workforce simply not giving a damn about the quality and integrity of the work they do.

Which, ultimately, is why SWTOR is failing - too much, too wrong, too often - and no one in the chain of command who gives enough of a damn to fix it.

All The Best
I only logged in maybe 6 times during it, so don't lump me in that group...

As for this being why SWTOR is failing...not even close. The lack of development is why SWTOR is failing, not an incorrect time of some events ending.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

PetFish's Avatar


PetFish
01.02.2018 , 03:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
As the last three weeks have been (and are every year) the three busiest weeks of the year for my work I've managed to login just 5 times over the last three weeks, 4 of those over the last 4 days of the event, and YES those missing minutes make a difference in that scenario.
So what?

How can you possibly think they, or ANYONE, can account for every single player's individual needs?

This is just a petty whiner crybaby thread all cuz of a few hours missing at the end of hundreds of hours and why society is going to hell in a handbag.


Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
Double CXP and Valor should be default rate.
Right, then after a month people will be crying for double that rate, and so on. So no to this.


@TUXs
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018