Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why did Double XP/CXP end early?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did Double XP/CXP end early?

Distracted's Avatar


Distracted
01.01.2018 , 08:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aderes View Post
It was only nearly a month because they screwed up the last event and we barely got any time.... your argument is invalid.
No it isn't.
Quote: Originally Posted by Notannos
Greetings Everyone,

We understand that players are currently pleasing dissatisfaction with the reward program for Game Update 1.2.

abigfishy's Avatar


abigfishy
01.01.2018 , 08:47 PM | #12
I feel like the event went longer than I expected. It was a great event and I got several old ignored toons up to level 70 and my JK to command level 300. However like many people I was very busy around Christmas and couldn't do much until the last few days of the event. Still much appreciated for how long it did run. Thanks Keith!

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
01.01.2018 , 10:05 PM | #13
But why did it end at all? What content are we supposed to enjoy playing in January? We've already had time to enjoy the last patch and now it will feel like we aren't making much CXP progress either. Since I'm not expecting the next significant patch until at least February, what's the current draw?
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
01.02.2018 , 12:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
Oh come on.

Nearly a month, which is longer than they originally planned, to take advantage of this and you people *still* canít budget your time and youíre crying cuz you missed a few hours right at the end?

Unreal.
How about it isn't about budgeting my time, it's about them being lazy and inaccurate with their marketing?
Failure is not defeat until you stop trying.
Desire to play SWTOR finally defeated. It was a mostly good run.
Subscriber 2011 - 2018
(Still lurking/occasionally posting until the timer runs out)

LordFell's Avatar


LordFell
01.02.2018 , 01:43 AM | #15
The double XP event was initially supposed to start the first week of December, and run for a week. Some snafu occurred, and it wasn't put into game, so... to make up for this, they decided to start it with the next maintenance, but double the duration. Initially, people liked this because it meant that the double XP event would cover the holidays... but of course, people are doubly busy over the holidays.

What most aggravates me about this... is professional people shouldn't be making these kinds of very amateur mistakes. The game runs globally; when people who decide what the promotions are, and when they should run until post this information, that information gets sent out to the people who implement it (or some collaboration similar to this). And this should be the most basic thing that gets synced. When it's decided that an event should run from that time until this time, relative to whichever time zone... the implementation has to match. The marketing people in Austin are posting their times in PST... the coding team implements it and sets the default times to GMT... or something. It's Mickey Mouse Club bumbling is what it is. Bloody embarrassing.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
01.02.2018 , 01:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post
What most aggravates me about this... is professional people shouldn't be making these kinds of very amateur mistakes.
Professional or not, people are still people and where people work mistakes will be made. Now that doesn't mean they shouldn't step up at times, but to say that professionals should be absolutely flawless at what they do is a silly notion to say the least.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

LordFell's Avatar


LordFell
01.02.2018 , 02:03 AM | #17
Mistakes happen, sure...

but I can't remember a single announced event where the actual in-game end time correctly matched up with the stated intended end-time. When the exact same mistake happens virtually every time SWTOR runs an event...

well, jeeze. Figure it out already, guys.

PetFish's Avatar


PetFish
01.02.2018 , 02:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aderes View Post
It was only nearly a month because they screwed up the last event and we barely got any time.... your argument is invalid.
One has nothing to do with the other. They could run this thing for 3 months and there'd still be crybabies crying over a few missed hours at the end.


Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
How about it isn't about budgeting my time, it's about them being lazy and inaccurate with their marketing?
So you'd be happier if they weren't "lazy and inaccurate" and just had the one week as originally planned?

So instead of being happy with a much longer event you'd rather focus on the negative(?) that you missed the final few hours?

Gotcha.
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018

ironspiderfour's Avatar


ironspiderfour
01.02.2018 , 07:36 AM | #19
Does it really matter? It ran for a month and you are complaining that it did not last a few more hour? That is absurd.
Star Wars jokes are often Forced
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpHJtS

Tahana's Avatar


Tahana
01.02.2018 , 09:16 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ironspiderfour View Post
Does it really matter? It ran for a month and you are complaining that it did not last a few more hour? That is absurd.
It didn't run for a month.. It ran from the 12th to the 1st. That isn't 30 days. Secondly, asking for people to be accurate is not a crime. I'm sure you expect your employer to be accurate with your paycheck.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -