Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions About Sorc Dps:

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Questions About Sorc Dps:

VIZIOO
01.01.2018 , 08:42 AM | #1
Hi Everyone.

My main toon is a Merc, and had recently lv a Sorc Madness dps, Under gear, no augments. My main objective is to become good at it before I start gearing and working with stats. So far I had notice that our survivability is not so great, and our main defenses abilities are not so preventable. So here are the questions:

1. Static Barrier. How good is it against range attack? doesnt strike me as much, specially went getting tunnel by a Merc or Sniper.. so is the case went getting attack by Melees such as Ops or Marauders..

2. Force Barrier. Isn't that supposed to be our Bread and Butter? but it doesn't seen to be the case.. some abilities from Mercs, Ops, and Maras cant prevent the used of that ability..

3. Force Speed combine with Emersion. 2 - 2.5sec of removing movement impairing effects and granting immunity to them, but it doesn't seen to be the case.. it breaks the first impairing movement, but not a second, even before the 2sec are up.. feed back plz..

Aside from those question, it seen like the only true skill for a dps Sorc is the "Run For Your Life" and cast while uncheck..

ace_boogie
01.01.2018 , 09:28 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by VIZIOO View Post
Aside from those question, it seen like the only true skill for a dps Sorc is the "Run For Your Life" and cast while uncheck..
Yup...
Ksenia / Angie

septru
01.01.2018 , 12:03 PM | #3
Go madness and you will be able to put more dps out while running for your life. Yes the argument could be made that lightning is better because of the constant slows but I prefer madness because of the dps output while kiting.

But force barrier is not your bread and butter. It is your "Oh Crap" move. Once every 2 minutes or something. Your bread and butter are moves that you use every 7-10 seconds. Your bread and butter is force slow+force speed (with emersion). Emersion works as intended, you just need to be smart about it. Every class has 1-2 gap closers. That means that you use force speed after the gap closers. For example if a mara is on you, and has just rooted you with obliterate you don't use force speed to break the root because that is just the first gap closer. Instead you knockback, maybe root as well in order to get a little more distance. Bait out the force leap, and then force speed away while using force slow.

It's not gonna be like a merc where you can face tank half the damage. If you want to play dps sorc in any kind of pvp scenario you will need to learn how to become annoying with your kiting. Because as a player, if I see a sorc that can not kite, you will be the first I tunnel.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."

Gustehbus
01.01.2018 , 12:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
It's not gonna be like a merc where you can face tank half the damage. If you want to play dps sorc in any kind of pvp scenario you will need to learn how to become annoying with your kiting. Because as a player, if I see a sorc that can not kite, you will be the first I tunnel.
^ This 100%. Your best defensive is to be the most inconvenient target. You'll find that the better players out there would rather beat up on a target more conducive to topping the charts than chase you around all game.
Gusbus - Sage / Stanvan - Sorc
<Stop Resisting>

Wimbleton
01.01.2018 , 01:02 PM | #5
I stopped reading at no augments because nothing else matters if you are not willing to start with a good foundation.

Groncho
01.01.2018 , 01:29 PM | #6
all u sohuld do is what all sorcs do...spam that aoe lighting animation to destroy younglings
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

Turn-XGundam
01.01.2018 , 05:13 PM | #7
dps sorc are best played along merc/sniper/mara since they will be focused before you. you can just calmly chill around, dps everything and melt faces.

not being a fotm classe is both a pro and a con.

con since you obviously lack the tools of the fotm classes

pro since people just ignore you lol, allowing maximum dps time.

TrixxieTriss
01.02.2018 , 08:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gustehbus View Post
^ This 100%. Your best defensive is to be the most inconvenient target. You'll find that the better players out there would rather beat up on a target more conducive to topping the charts than chase you around all game.
Yep, kite, LoS, annoy, stay alive. Rinse and repeat.

TrixxieTriss
01.02.2018 , 08:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
dps sorc are best played along merc/sniper/mara since they will be focused before you. you can just calmly chill around, dps everything and melt faces.

not being a fotm classe is both a pro and a con.

con since you obviously lack the tools of the fotm classes

pro since people just ignore you lol, allowing maximum dps time.
Anyone that ignores a Sorc who is free casting is an idiot. Sorc will do high numbers if you allow them to do that all match. Especially if they are spamming AOE abilities on a confined group of other idiots who stand in it.

I don’t suggest people chase Sorcs around all match, especially ones are good at kiting. But they must be prepared to stop them from free casting. Pressure needs to be applied or they need to be cc’d or stunned.

If pressure is applied to a Sorc all match, they will do a lot less dps than they would normally. You can always tell if a dps Sorc has had a lot of pressure applied to them because their healing stats will be extremely high and their dps won’t be as high as it would be if those healing stats were lower. Either that or the Sorc has 10 deaths 🙄

Aeneas_Falco
01.02.2018 , 10:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
I always focus Sorcs first because they are easier to burn down.

Let's say I'm up against a Mercenary and a DPS Sorc...I'm going to attack the Mercenary first and get him to pop his first bubble, as soon as that first bubble appears CC and switch to Sorc, if the Merc uses his stun breaker when I switch, I switch back to him and put him on a longer timeout before switching back to the Sorc to burn him down.

The other day in Yavin I solo killed two node guards and captured their node doing exactly that.