Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If SWTOR is losing players, how can Bioware turn things around?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If SWTOR is losing players, how can Bioware turn things around?

Stariessaber
01.01.2018 , 06:15 AM | #11
If your going to look trying to bring back players a few things to look at are also are maybe a quick servery asking why you left the game and what changes would help entice you back to try/play/subscribe to the game again. Along with the items mentioned about getting some sub time, cartel coins access to expansions free Master Datacron.

In hindsight when the Last Jedi was coming up to being released a bit more advertising and specials for subscribing, Along with some expansion content would of been good. I know that in hindsight we would all do a lot of things differently.

CrazyCT
01.01.2018 , 06:22 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Spoiler
But I still wanna
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

Eshvara
01.01.2018 , 06:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
But I still wanna
You're better at it than I am, please don't let me stop you!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Eli_Porter
01.01.2018 , 06:35 AM | #14
More free stuff doesn't get people to stick around.

You need content to keep players, and unless they give us more tools to create content for ourselves then they'd have to stay the course with releasing Story, PvP, and Raid content on a regular basis.

That said, content is being released that caters to more than just the story crowd, which is a big improvement and is important for keeping subscribers. But what I would like is more sandbox options, so the community gets to keep the game alive should the devs be unable to deliver traditional MMO content on a regular basis.

Telsnow
01.01.2018 , 06:59 AM | #15
The list of things Bioware should do to turn things around is far longer than what they're actually capable of doing. This game lost its capability of ever living up to its potential when the corporate suits realized they failed to produce the fabled "WoW killer" they arrogantly expected it to be. Since then, the game has been in a prolonged downward spiral where they've been trying to milk as much money from us as they can while investing as little back into the game as possible. I do believe that the team working on this game at least cares but their hands seem tied by EA's Dark Council. I've recently returned to the game for one last run with it because it very much feels like the end is nigh. I would love to be wrong but the writing currently occupying the wall isn't giving me much hope.

CrazyCT
01.01.2018 , 07:11 AM | #16
I have to ask - When you picture EA do you think it's some guys sitting round a table in a lair inside an active volcano, twirling their moustaches and laughing maniacally, doing everything in their power to destroy this game? Or is it that just because they don't cater specifically to what you want, you imagine they are bad people who go home and kick cats in their spare time?

The game is still up and running, with plenty of people still playing despite the game being over 6 years old. How many of your XBOX or PlayStation games do you still play six years later?

And sure, they probably could throw a **** ton of money at the game to add all the extra stuff that you want, but that wouldn't bring any extra money in, and would be fiscally irresponsible.

This isn't a game, it's a business. If your local coffee shop was forever spending money redecorating, it would never make a profit and would shut down pretty quickly. Same thing applies here.
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

Telsnow
01.01.2018 , 07:16 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
I have to ask - When you picture EA do you think it's some guys sitting round a table in a lair inside an active volcano, twirling their moustaches and laughing maniacally...
Yes. That's exactly what I imagine when I think of the Monsanto of the gaming industry.

CrazyCT
01.01.2018 , 07:26 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Telsnow View Post
Yes. That's exactly what I imagine when I think of the Monsanto of the gaming industry.
If they really wanted to destroy the game, they could just shut it down. As businessmen (and women), that would be pretty stupid. As I said, just because they don't cater to every whim you have, you think they are evil, but if the game is still running, they are probably catering to the majority. 100 people on a forum don't truly represent the game's population.

Diefenbaker
01.01.2018 , 07:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
By freeing themselves from the iron-clad grip of EA's greed and getting all of their original staff back who left after EA bought out their parent company, but this will never happen.
They'd have to rename the game to something else then, and completely rework everything to remove everything Star Wars from it.

EA owns the Star Wars game license. Even if BW Austin could buy itself free, they wouldn't get that license. Plus, EA would likely not give them the game, so they'd have to build one from scratch.

Also, keep in mind that this isn't Bioware anymore.

Quote: Originally Posted by Telsnow View Post
Bad comparison. Despite of what professional protestors and useful idiots scream Monsanto isn't even half as bad as they all claim in their whine of hyperbole and hysteria.
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

"Paranoia is the byproduct of being consistently right."

supertimtaf
01.01.2018 , 07:29 AM | #20
Imo focus less on bringing new stuff with the CM.
New items and cosmetics are great, but stop gating everything behind some random box or on direct sales on the cm. Make them available by playing the actual game too. The only reward you get currently for playing high-level content as a sub right now is to grind more cxp to invest into better gear, which we are seeing less and less in pvp for example, because ilvl46 relics will boost you up to 9k Mastery anyway.

They did a good thing by giving back decorations on FP. They did a great thing on Copero with those multiples decoration drop and this new cosmetic gear drop too.
Cosmetic shouldn't be CM only, if there is no incentive to play the content (new or old) except gear that can be bypassed...
Then what's the point of staying around ? ^^

As an example, by the time S8 finished, ranked players received a basic/ugly weapon set, some dull/static flair and a fire makrin (reskin of another cm mount). At the same time, players received with CM the inferno devourer (flame mount), animated flair and some nice weapons like the unstable peacemaker saber...

Doesn't take long to see what is the most rewarding content here, between cartel lootboxes or actual gameplay...
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !