Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please remove bolster from ranked warzones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please remove bolster from ranked warzones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seterade
12.31.2017 , 11:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
***Hypothetically***

WHAT IF? Every body should be on the same level. Walk into pvp ranked or group, and every one has equal stats. Now the match will no doubt last for a while, but when the smoke clears, there is only one standing. That one wins it for their team. So this is how we can make it go a little faster.

Make it where every player gets (these are just example numbers) 12 hit points and 5 blocked moves. That means you can block attaches up to 5 times. Now if your good with your class abilities, then you can chip away at those 12 hit points of your enemy/s and still have your blocks if needed and the other guy has used his blocks up... So he will be dead in no time flat, making the match go fairly fast. Now if you are ganged up on, sure you have 5 blocks but 3 or more players has dwindle those blocks real fast and your dead. Making the match even faster.

You'll still have your class abilities, but they all have a small amount of damage, nothing like they do now. So lets say top damage would depend on the one ability that dose the most damage, 3hp of damage is top. Then that ability would be done cant use it no more that match. Next strongest would do 2hp, and same thing, it can only be used once per match. Weaker abilities us -50hp to -75 to 1hp. 1hp abilities you get two uses then its done. It is the -50 & -75hp abilities you can use threw out the whole match (reason for this is to keep the top damage abilities from being spammed). So this means? Use your block abilities wisely, and you may survive with your team or be the last man standing and bring your team to victory. (block abilities will have to be invented first for every class) (all numbers are just examples)

So No Bolsters, or gear stats, But please, Still wear gear any way, no Nude fighters, there is kids playing too, Ok? lol

I mean if the devs can develop a pvp system like that. It would finally be equally fair for all. Because the gearing system now sucks. If you have the time to put in, then you can have the top gear and kick butt. But if you dont have that kinda time and you using lower grade gear and you want to pvp, you get you butt kicked or in rank you get gripped at for having crappy gear. I think a system like this is the way to go. The devs would work it to make sense way better then me but they should get the idea. I mean you dont have to worry about balance in pvp if every one was equal.

I even think with a well implemented system similar to the Hypothetical idea above, there be no reason why we couldnt have a rank & unrank 1 vs 1 pvp match for top DAWG. Wouldn't that be nice?

P.S. Solo pvp will still work with geared stats. or as they are right now.
Just a Hypo is all. Let the discussion begin.
Expertise.

Then pve'ers cried cause two weeks of pvping was too hard.

Turn-XGundam
01.01.2018 , 12:45 AM | #22
if you do the math the 248 rating relics are better overall due to the proc that gives you almost 1200 mastery/power on every attack once 20 secs i think.

ALaggyGrunt
01.01.2018 , 01:26 AM | #23
PvP isn't supposed to be about gear. Gear progression in PvP should be 100% horizontal, all about the tradeoffs you make between the stats, not what tier they are.

The vertical progression in ranked PvP should be in what titles everyone gets and what shiny things can be bought at the end of the season with tokens.

Turn-XGundam
01.01.2018 , 01:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
PvP isn't supposed to be about gear. Gear progression in PvP should be 100% horizontal, all about the tradeoffs you make between the stats, not what tier they are.

The vertical progression in ranked PvP should be in what titles everyone gets and what shiny things can be bought at the end of the season with tokens.
you're playing a mmo rpg gear will always remain relevant in this, if you dont like it then i suggest trying other genres like mobas

Rafiknoll
01.01.2018 , 02:34 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
you're playing a mmo rpg gear will always remain relevant in this, if you dont like it then i suggest trying other genres like mobas
This is a generalization, which assumes all MMOs follow same rules. Not all MMOs should be the same in all aspects.
The lvl sync on all planets, for example, was a daring move to essentially kill the possibility of solo ganking. You don't see those (as far as I know) in other MMOs who don't care about the solo ganking possibility. The bolsters and the lvl syncs give the impression that beside MM PVE content (and VM ops), the intent is that gear will be irrelevant except for what ALaggyGrunt called "horizontal progression". Like it or not (and personally I actually like it), this is the direction SWTOR seems to go, differently from other MMOs.

Pellerinen
01.01.2018 , 04:42 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Last time I checked there is no possibility to "inspect player" inside a match, even if he is a member of the same faction. How exactly are you certain that they had 220 gear? If your answer is inspecting in the fleet, I know a few people who avoid walking with their PVP gear outside of matches, because they don't want people to see how they gear. It is odd, but it exists. Some people feel like math geniuses and don't wanna share their opinion about crit/pow balance willingly or unwillingly. What they do is to switch the gear while waiting for match to begin, and switch back when it ends (if out of combat, else they just gotta be fast on fleet). Or are you saying these people were in your group?

I bought these relics and used them on my operative who had unaugmented 230 relics. It increased DPS by less than 200 (not perfomance-wise, tooltip-wise. Tooltips don't lie about stats), crit by less than 4% (less than 4% is still kinda lot, but remember it is compared to 230, not 248), and increased hp by 2.1k. The fact that rating 50 > rating 230 is stupid, but isn't game breaking or an exploit, especially since these relics are easy to acquire. At first I thought you were referring to the old battlemaster relics or some other no longer accessible item, but if everyone can "cheat", it isn't a cheat really, as long as it gets known more publically.
Lol...you do know you can hover your mouse over a player in a match and see their item rating, even if they are of the opposing faction? Try it out, it's very handy. You can also inspect them at fleet I suppose, but I find this more convenient...

New Year's Eve was a paradise on finding people who did this, there wasn't a single match after 9 pm CET on Darth Malgus where at least one of the opposing team's item rating was under 230, and who ended up being the top dps/healer in the match, with more health than anyone else in that match. I suppose they must be using something else as well to get that much of a difference though. It's hilarious to see a 217 geared sentinel rush through the map, attack your fully 248 geared teammates and killing the first one before his teammates catches up, ending the first half of the match in 20 seconds...or are you going to say we're just **** enough to loose to a 217 geared noob?

funnypat
01.01.2018 , 05:11 AM | #27
Depending on gear and "demanding" that people with lesser gear should be able to be killed (or you not being killed) without skill, knowing of the class, using dcds properly or situational awareness... that's just sad...
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Pellerinen
01.01.2018 , 05:22 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
Depending on gear and "demanding" that people with lesser gear should be able to be killed (or you not being killed) without skill, knowing of the class, using dcds properly or situational awareness... that's just sad...
That's exactly the point, not that people can use a flaw in the code with lower grade of items to gain huge boosts to their stats and win that way... this is why we should allow doping in sports too, right?

But I agree with the topic, if you removed bolster from ranked pvp, there would be no bolster issues. No one would have to bother with lvl 10 relics or xp gear or whatever happens to be the cheat of the week.

funnypat
01.01.2018 , 06:14 AM | #29
If you're still believing that bolster makes your stuff actually better than 248 stuff then you're lying to yourself, there is no such exploit that would give you that huge of an advantage, as said earlier, windrelics give you slightly more HP, which is weird but nothing more than that.

The advantage you get is if anything absolutely minor - as been said earlier 3 - 5k more HP... that's like 1 autoattack, if you make a whole case out of it saying that those people kill you in 3 sec... well then that same somebody would kill you in 248 stuff in 2 sec...

The only thing that isn't bolstered correctly are relics and as far as I know only the wind relics - but please enlighten us what exactly is that bug you're talking about? If you'd tell us that somebody with green stuff suddenly has 9000 mastery and 5000 crit... yeah that's a bug where I would understand your concern, but this isn't the case, in fact you have overall less crit, less mastery and less alacrity if you rely on bolster instead of BIS.

Yeah you have 5k hp more, but you only see this if that person has otherwise complete 248 stuff (slightly above 130k hp) or optimized 246 stuff (probably 150k health) because the variety you have in mods and enhancements that are crafted is far greater than the "basic" 248s - and 2 lvl in mods isn't that big of a difference, you can squeeze out some pretty good stats there...

But it's always easier to shout "bug" and "unfair" instead of doing proper research :P
Ræly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cæly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Rafiknoll
01.01.2018 , 06:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Pellerinen View Post
Lol...you do know you can hover your mouse over a player in a match and see their item rating, even if they are of the opposing faction? Try it out, it's very handy. You can also inspect them at fleet I suppose, but I find this more convenient...
This hover function is stupid because it makes an average of your gear. That means a stupid tank who has full 248 will have 248 rating, but my tank who has lethal mods 54B on all 9 pieces (because they have much more Endu and replace defense with power) will show that I have 247 rating, and I am in all stats superior to the 248 guy (his extra 6% defense will barely be felt in PVP).
So lets say a guy has full 230 gear but 2 wind relics (rating: 50), the average would be (230x12 + 50x2)/14 = 204.2, and you would claim the guy has 204 gear, too low. Let's try something higher...
Let's say you have full 248 but 2 wind relics, the average would be (248x12 + 50x2)/14 = 219.7, so this is the 220 you saw. So you didn't lose to a 220-geared-man, you lost to a 248-geared-with-the-bugged-relics man, who would, according to all posts except for yours, deal about the same damage if he had 248 relics.