Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please remove bolster from ranked warzones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please remove bolster from ranked warzones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sith-Viscera
12.31.2017 , 01:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Not sure if to take it seriously or not, so I will ask you a question before judging: "What about dots? aoes? range vs melee?"
Quote:
The devs would work it to make sense way better then me but they should get the idea.
That is what i meant when i said that above. They would take all that in and work it out. I just gave a Really ROUGH Draft idea. I doubt they even see this so. But if they did and thought about something like this they'll figure that out.

Hell, i couldnt tell you how DoTs works now so. Leave it to the devs.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

funnypat
12.31.2017 , 04:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thalnar View Post
The whole purpose of RANKED WARZONES is for people with higher gear to go and do ranked warzones vs people of like gear. there is no reason to have bolster in the highest tier of pvp, that defeats the purpose.
Usually people who queue in ranked either want more challenging matches, or want to show off how good they are and get really really angry about people who are messing with their ranking...
I've never ever seen anybody queueing for ranked because they wanted to "fight equally equipped people" - if you have top tier you're still better off than anyone who needs bolster, not much but you are...

screaming in frustration because of it? probably a l2p issue and some people with bolster kicked you in the leg :P

PS: also the only real "exploit" there is for the wind relic is the extra amount of HP - and if you don't like it buy them or craft them yourself.
It's Artifice and so low, you only need to craft 15 components or so until you have the required level.
Used to use them for it, then switched back to 248 since they perform slightly better and the extra 3k health or so wasn't worth it.
Rśly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cśly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

Severith
12.31.2017 , 04:40 PM | #13
Simple solution: Put a limit on what augs can be put into gear, within a certain range of the gear.

Example: Only let tier 1-3 augs be put into tier 1 relics.

Augs aren't bolstered. If we limit the augs that can be put into gear, people wouldn't be able to cheese as much, because they'd constantly have to decide if using that weirdly bolstered piece of gear is worth losing a good aug.

New players can still use a level 10 relic to lean on while they gear up. Granked stays "gear competitive", a core mechanic of the progression of mmos like swtor. Crafters sell a larger variety of items.

Everybody wins.

Pellerinen
12.31.2017 , 04:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by funnypat View Post
Usually people who queue in ranked either want more challenging matches, or want to show off how good they are and get really really angry about people who are messing with their ranking...
I've never ever seen anybody queueing for ranked because they wanted to "fight equally equipped people" - if you have top tier you're still better off than anyone who needs bolster, not much but you are...

screaming in frustration because of it? probably a l2p issue and some people with bolster kicked you in the leg :P

PS: also the only real "exploit" there is for the wind relic is the extra amount of HP - and if you don't like it buy them or craft them yourself.
It's Artifice and so low, you only need to craft 15 components or so until you have the required level.
Used to use them for it, then switched back to 248 since they perform slightly better and the extra 3k health or so wasn't worth it.
Lol...3k extra health? I'm seeing people in under 220 gear with over 150k health who do over 600k damage in a match that doesn't grant any CXP because it ended so quickly...

Rafiknoll
12.31.2017 , 06:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pellerinen View Post
Lol...3k extra health? I'm seeing people in under 220 gear with over 150k health who do over 600k damage in a match that doesn't grant any CXP because it ended so quickly...
Last time I checked there is no possibility to "inspect player" inside a match, even if he is a member of the same faction. How exactly are you certain that they had 220 gear? If your answer is inspecting in the fleet, I know a few people who avoid walking with their PVP gear outside of matches, because they don't want people to see how they gear. It is odd, but it exists. Some people feel like math geniuses and don't wanna share their opinion about crit/pow balance willingly or unwillingly. What they do is to switch the gear while waiting for match to begin, and switch back when it ends (if out of combat, else they just gotta be fast on fleet). Or are you saying these people were in your group?

I bought these relics and used them on my operative who had unaugmented 230 relics. It increased DPS by less than 200 (not perfomance-wise, tooltip-wise. Tooltips don't lie about stats), crit by less than 4% (less than 4% is still kinda lot, but remember it is compared to 230, not 248), and increased hp by 2.1k. The fact that rating 50 > rating 230 is stupid, but isn't game breaking or an exploit, especially since these relics are easy to acquire. At first I thought you were referring to the old battlemaster relics or some other no longer accessible item, but if everyone can "cheat", it isn't a cheat really, as long as it gets known more publically.

TrixxieTriss
12.31.2017 , 06:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafiknoll View Post
Last time I checked there is no possibility to "inspect player" inside a match, even if he is a member of the same faction. How exactly are you certain that they had 220 gear? If your answer is inspecting in the fleet, I know a few people who avoid walking with their PVP gear outside of matches, because they don't want people to see how they gear. It is odd, but it exists. Some people feel like math geniuses and don't wanna share their opinion about crit/pow balance willingly or unwillingly. What they do is to switch the gear while waiting for match to begin, and switch back when it ends (if out of combat, else they just gotta be fast on fleet). Or are you saying these people were in your group?

I bought these relics and used them on my operative who had unaugmented 230 relics. It increased DPS by less than 200 (not perfomance-wise, tooltip-wise. Tooltips don't lie about stats), crit by less than 4% (less than 4% is still kinda lot, but remember it is compared to 230, not 248), and increased hp by 2.1k. The fact that rating 50 > rating 230 is stupid, but isn't game breaking or an exploit, especially since these relics are easy to acquire. At first I thought you were referring to the old battlemaster relics or some other no longer accessible item, but if everyone can "cheat", it isn't a cheat really, as long as it gets known more publically.
Itís possible they were on his same team as he didnít say they werenít.

Where do you get the relics. Normally I donít bother with things like this because Bioware fixes them before they become too wide spread. But Iím seeing more and more people using the relics and I prefer an even battlefield.

TrixxieTriss
12.31.2017 , 06:17 PM | #17
Iíve not found them in my Artifice schematics. Is it an old one that isnít available anymore?

funnypat
12.31.2017 , 06:47 PM | #18
Lvl 10 relic that requires wind crystals to make them, trainer gives you the blue schematic, then you just need the proc for the purple one. Shouldn't take more than 3 for each that you need to destroy and costs like 10k per relic or so, really really cheap. So dunno what all the fuzz is about...

also 150k health - definitely not from the relics, I have 130k now in full 248 with 236 augments, with windrelics I had 135k health with buffs, but it's possible those people use 246 mods and enhancements that give more endurance.

2 things to that:
246 stuff isn't getting bolstered so what you see is what you get.

and those people are sacrificing other stats like crit/mastery to get more HP.

If you're happy with your crit on 40% or so instead of 45, I guess more HP makes sense - but if you're trying to say the 2 relics bolster you to 20k hp more you're delusional :P

Edit: the 220 gear is the number it shows on top if you have full 248 stuff with only the 2 wind relics equipped, that's your total gear level then. Which when they really use 246 mods that give more to endurance would also explain why they are lower than 220 :P
Rśly (Operative - Star Forge)
Cśly (Scoundrel - Star Forge)

TrixxieTriss
12.31.2017 , 07:26 PM | #19
Lvl 10 relic that requires wind crystals to make them, trainer gives you the blue schematic, then you just need the proc for the purple one. Shouldn't take more than 3 for each that you need to destroy and costs like 10k per relic or so, really really cheap. So dunno what all the fuzz is about...

also 150k health - definitely not from the relics, I have 130k now in full 248 with 236 augments, with windrelics I had 135k health with buffs, but it's possible those people use 246 mods and enhancements that give more endurance.

2 things to that:
246 stuff isn't getting bolstered so what you see is what you get.

and those people are sacrificing other stats like crit/mastery to get more HP.

If you're happy with your crit on 40% or so instead of 45, I guess more HP makes sense - but if you're trying to say the 2 relics bolster you to 20k hp more you're delusional :P

Edit: the 220 gear is the number it shows on top if you have full 248 stuff with only the 2 wind relics equipped, that's your total gear level then. Which when they really use 246 mods that give more to endurance would also explain why they are lower than 220 :P
So they only get the ďwindĒ monicker once theyíve been reversed?

Iíve not got a full set of 246 gear yet, so Iíll only use these relics till I get some 246 ones.

Wimbleton
12.31.2017 , 08:29 PM | #20
Who cares if there is bolster in ranked? Bolster doesnít get you to top gear anyway and helps those who want to try it out have a chance (if they think gear is what makes the dif).