Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How about Guild Group option in Groupfinder?

TTuck
12.30.2017 , 05:04 PM | #1
I know you want us to try and group with people we do not know but when we are running ops to get conquest points and someone has to leave we would prefer to get someone from our guild to replace them. Before the server merger this was not a problem just the group and the replacement queue at the same time and you got them. Now we end up having to kick people to get to the one we want. So we end up spending time trying to get them into the group and several people get in a group, get told sorry we are looking for a guildie and booted. Not good for anyone. Why not give us a check box or something where guild members get priority?

Haooll
12.30.2017 , 05:39 PM | #2
far too sensible a suggestion ... it'll never happen

Monumenta
01.02.2018 , 11:15 AM | #3
This is a good idea, you should drop it in the suggestion box.

countdemons
01.06.2018 , 04:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TTuck View Post
Now we end up having to kick people to get to the one we want. So we end up spending time trying to get them into the group and several people get in a group, get told sorry we are looking for a guildie and booted. Not good for anyone. Why not give us a check box or something where guild members get priority?
Imagine if these players you are "booting" for no reason was a 1st timer who had spent all week reading tactics and trying to gear the best he can, to get in a group then booted for no reason. Very nice eh?

You can que as you're guild. If one leaves then whos problem is that, you and you're guild's or some random PUG's?

Way to keep the community spirit alive eh.
Dragonslayer, Gate Crasher
TOFN - TRE
Harbinger
KoTFE - Death of end game raiding http://www.swtor.com/r/xTdy9B

KendraP
01.11.2018 , 06:49 AM | #5
we tend to make sure the people we are replacing can queue as either a tank or healer, which generally are not in the GF queue at random.

suggy
01.11.2018 , 10:15 AM | #6
You can always invite the to the group prior to queuing.

Then que up & they would get ported in.

JLazarillo
01.11.2018 , 10:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by suggy View Post
You can always invite the to the group prior to queuing.

Then que up & they would get ported in.
The person in question isn't starting a new group, though. They're doing guild "lockout" runs which are really kind of abusing the mechanics of the groupfinder in the first place. With that in mind, I don't think the sort of antisocial behavior they're suggesting needs to be encouraged further.

casirabit
01.11.2018 , 10:24 AM | #8
/signed.

While some are going to jump on you because you would rather group up with your guild, I can understand that. Guild members normally group up together and sometimes they have to leave for an emergency or something in real life so wanting a guild member to come to take the place of another guild member is very understandable.

They should have a way of letting you check that on the group finder that way you can get a guild member to fill in for the person that had to leave.

Another suggestion is if you have a guild member leave maybe just leave the operation and reform and start it again, which I know is a pain but then you can have a guild member in that spot.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Screaming_Ziva
01.12.2018 , 09:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TTuck View Post
I know you want us to try and group with people we do not know but when we are running ops to get conquest points and someone has to leave we would prefer to get someone from our guild to replace them. Before the server merger this was not a problem just the group and the replacement queue at the same time and you got them. Now we end up having to kick people to get to the one we want. So we end up spending time trying to get them into the group and several people get in a group, get told sorry we are looking for a guildie and booted. Not good for anyone. Why not give us a check box or something where guild members get priority?
Maybe, instead of queuing, you should leave the op, invite your guild mate to the group, and then requeue if you're doing lockout runs.

Over the past few days I've been kicked twice from what were obviously guild lockout runs before I was even able to finish loading into the op.

You are too lazy to take an extra few minutes to get your replacement and now I have to wait 15 minutes for the lockout timer to expire because I was kicked from your group for no reason?
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour