Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Qyzen Fess uses Aim. WHY

rdycheck
12.27.2011 , 11:55 PM | #1
Firstly, i cant figure out how to search this forum, so I apologize if this is a duplicate thread.

with slight paraphrasing:
Under the characters of interest tab of the codex, Qyzen fess primary stat is listed as aim. under the character tab, aim is listed as affecting the effectiveness of ranged weapons.
qyzen's "you need to be qyzen to use this" gear, all has aim on it.

now, I'm only level 20, but as far as i can tell, his weapon, the vibroblade (currently using a techblade) is melee. it's listed as a melee weapon in the tooltip, and under the GTC categories. maybe he gets a blaster later. iunno. seems wrong. 2ndary weapon is a shield, which doesnt seem to be ranged either.

can anyone offer a reasonable explanation as to why this is the case? i've asked a few times in general and everyone just sorta says deal with it.

i'm getting frustrated, because before i noticed this, i had been equipping the companion with strength gear, and before i waste time and credits equipping him to test if aim or strength is actually his stat, i'm hoping someone can help me out.

thanks all

Monolithic_Hero
12.28.2011 , 12:00 AM | #2
I was confused about the same thing with one of the bounty hunters companions that uses a techblade. As far as I can tell his primary stat is correctly listed as aim. I don't know why they didn't make it into strength, but you should be going for items with aim on them.

If someone believes or has evidence to the contrary I would really like to see that, because I'm still a little unsure myself.

Conundrum-NSA
12.28.2011 , 12:02 AM | #3
add me to the list of people wondering ***?
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01

Kiry
12.28.2011 , 12:03 AM | #4
think of him as a bounty hunter, powertech tank. it' might make more sense then. They use Aim.
Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer

Infestedhobo
12.28.2011 , 12:06 AM | #5
Fess was originally supposed to use guns.
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielErickson View Post
Absolutely!

Sarathis
12.28.2011 , 12:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Infestedhobo View Post
Fess was originally supposed to use guns.
This. In beta builds long since passed he was a ranged tank like Kaliyo or Corso. They just never changed his main stat.
Proud Member of Altaholics Anonymous
No new characters made in: 4 days, 1 hours, 12 minutes...

Durzaka
12.28.2011 , 12:08 AM | #7
Mako uses Cunning but she is supposed to be a BH.

Fess used to use a gun, they switched him to melee and kept the stat. I heard somewhere along the line they didnt want him wearing JK armor (i thought his armor doesnt show up, like Khem Val)
Durzaka Retribution

Conundrum-NSA
12.28.2011 , 12:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
Mako uses Cunning but she is supposed to be a BH.

Fess used to use a gun, they switched him to melee and kept the stat. I heard somewhere along the line they didnt want him wearing JK armor (i thought his armor doesnt show up, like Khem Val)
chest, legs, wrists show up.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Ord Mantell Squadron 01

ddance
12.28.2011 , 12:10 AM | #9
If you check the bonus damage tooltip on the character sheet for him, you will see that he gains equally from both aim and strength.

Monolithic_Hero
12.28.2011 , 12:11 AM | #10
I guess it makes sense when you consider the armor sets that BW expects you to use for them.