Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanilla content too easy

_Tarkus_
12.30.2017 , 10:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Diefenbaker View Post
Vanilla was hard? When?
Come on, you get the point, it was definitely harder than this. It wasn't "hard" in the general meaning, but surely not as easy as it is now.
Make vanilla content great again!

DWho
12.30.2017 , 10:44 AM | #12
It is the leveling that makes it easy. When you outlevel the content by as much as you do now the combats become easy. They didn't really nerf the NPCs in the vanilla content but you have so many more abilities now (and they are optimized for you) that what was once "challenging" (and keep in mind that the legacy buffs you pick up along the way make a big difference too) is now easy. The best solution would be to provide some way to limit xp gain for those who want to be more challenged. That would be like going back to the "original" game.

Keta
12.30.2017 , 11:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by _Tarkus_ View Post
Come on, you get the point, it was definitely harder than this. It wasn't "hard" in the general meaning, but surely not as easy as it is now.
You're correct, it was significantly harder than this. It wasn't difficult though outside of a few glitched class story ending on Corellia at launch.

I just recently leveled a Sith Assasin from 0. No cartel boosts, none of the leveling gear from DvL and I skipped every non class story from DK on. He was still level 65 or so by the time I finished Corellia. While I don't miss the absurd problems in the Jedi Consular story we had at launch .. this is almost as bad in the opposite direction.

I had completely forgotten about the white acute module vendor. That's a terrific idea.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Kyrra_T
12.30.2017 , 11:38 AM | #14
Make an optional difficulty setting so that vanilla content can be harder to play. I came back to this game after years to experience some Star Wars story and content, only to find out that questing is boring and dull because, even if you set your companion on passive, all you need to kill someone is using the standard attack.
You realize this is during double xp (that ends in a few days)? You're over-leveling the content substantially right now. Yes, we sync to the level of the planet but augments and additional skills don't go away.

You DO need a weapon for many skills. It doesn't have to be a good one. Find a cheap and low level one. Take off your armor. Dismiss the companion (then you don't have to worry about the passive thing.)

translucentwolf
12.30.2017 , 11:50 AM | #15
Make an optional difficulty setting so that vanilla content can be harder to play. I came back to this game after years to experience some Star Wars story and content, only to find out that questing is boring and dull because, even if you set your companion on passive, all you need to kill someone is using the standard attack.
PvP. That'll be hard enough to let you 'learn your abilities'.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

_Tarkus_
12.30.2017 , 12:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrra_T View Post
You realize this is during double xp (that ends in a few days)? You're over-leveling the content substantially right now. Yes, we sync to the level of the planet but augments and additional skills don't go away.

You DO need a weapon for many skills. It doesn't have to be a good one. Find a cheap and low level one. Take off your armor. Dismiss the companion (then you don't have to worry about the passive thing.)
I've been using the White Acute Module since I created this character by mailing the item from another one I had. At the end of Tython I was like... level 16 or 17. Anyway, I'm gonna start playing again now and try to fight without armor, only with the lightsabers on and see how it goes.

Quote: Originally Posted by translucentwolf View Post
PvP. That'll be hard enough to let you 'learn your abilities'.
Not interested in PvP at the moment, I came back for story and content as I said.
Make vanilla content great again!

AlrikFassbauer
12.30.2017 , 01:10 PM | #17
Try a new character on a different server with 0 Legacy. Makes it harder, too.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

DanNV
12.30.2017 , 01:20 PM | #18
They addressed that by saying the code for the original stories is different than the code they have used for the newer stuff so they can't do variable difficulty for it. What that really means is there is no one left who knows how the original code was done so they aren't going to risk touching it for fear they'd break what little of the game is still worth playing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

Tsillah
12.30.2017 , 01:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Try a new character on a different server with 0 Legacy. Makes it harder, too.
I actually made an f2p account a while ago just for fun. No legacy, no sub, no other class buffs. It was still easy.

The truth is that it has been made very easy to appeal to a certain demographic, presumably the story crowd. They're not going to change that.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).

Kyrra_T
12.30.2017 , 01:37 PM | #20
I've been using the White Acute Module since I created this character by mailing the item from another one I had. At the end of Tython I was like... level 16 or 17. Anyway, I'm gonna start playing again now and try to fight without armor, only with the lightsabers on and see how it goes.

Not interested in PvP at the moment, I came back for story and content as I said.
16 is the level they originally intended you to be when you left Tython. Sounds like you were on track there.