Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanilla content too easy

_Tarkus_
12.30.2017 , 08:06 AM | #1
Make an optional difficulty setting so that vanilla content can be harder to play. I came back to this game after years to experience some Star Wars story and content, only to find out that questing is boring and dull because, even if you set your companion on passive, all you need to kill someone is using the standard attack.
Make vanilla content great again!

Bakgrind
12.30.2017 , 09:50 AM | #2
As you are aware the companion revamp was mainly for KOTFE and KOTET since the content of those expansions are a bit tougher. You also out level the content really fast and max out the cap for level sync for a particular area which is really set to high in my opinion . It would be nice to have a setting to raise the difficulty level for the vanilla portion of the game since it is rather simplistic now, but I sure something like that is not even on their radar.

JediQuaker
12.30.2017 , 09:52 AM | #3
Don't use a companion and don't wear any armor - that might make it a bit harder.

_Tarkus_
12.30.2017 , 09:55 AM | #4
The companion is on passive mode so I'm not using it. About the armour idea, I thought of that already but I haven't tried it: you mean using only your weapons while questing on planets, right?

JediQuaker
12.30.2017 , 09:58 AM | #5
Don't use a weapon either.

Only use whatever it takes to make it hard enough for you.

_Tarkus_
12.30.2017 , 10:03 AM | #6
Will I be able to use all abilities then? I think some of them require a certain weapon or 2 equipped. The game is so easy at the moment I can't learn abilities, how and when to use them effectively.

RahaylaCora
12.30.2017 , 10:18 AM | #7
Keep yourself 4 levels below enemies level. That is the bottom line for some difficulty. Then you can disable all your companion abilities, but keep him active with his basic attack, so you can listen to his comments while fighting (and keep the flavour of a companion at your side, not an embedded journalist).

Two ways to keep you underleveled:
· skipping all content that is not your class story missions
· go to fleet, buy the White Acute Module at vendor at Combat area and use it to get rid of any extra experience boost you get from the game. This is my recommendation, so you can pick exploration missions or other content while being underleveled (slower leveling do that possible).

DWho
12.30.2017 , 10:31 AM | #8
If you start a planet at or above the level of the planet (for example DK is lvl 10-16 and you are lvl 17, which is not hard to do with the rate xp is gained) it will be very easy. Level sync doesn't take away abilities and some of the ones you get are too powerful for the planet you are questing on if you are too far above the planet's level. About the only way the could "increase" the difficulty would be to add a health multiplier and that doesn't really make the battles more difficult, they just take longer. Increasing difficulty like they do in flashpoints (Story, Veteran, Master) takes coding changes which would be hard to implement in very old content due to the layers of code that have built up over the years. Trying to make it harder by coding would likely break lots of things.

_Tarkus_
12.30.2017 , 10:38 AM | #9
Considering that it wasn't this easy at release (I don't know exactly what patch and expansion made the vanilla game like this) and you couldn't gain experience this quickly, it shouldn't be hard too program the game as it was back then. I understand there are people who want to experience class quests only and get to 50 ASAP, but there should be an option for people like me who want to take it easy and experience all content with some sort of challenge, as it was before.

Diefenbaker
12.30.2017 , 10:38 AM | #10
Vanilla was hard? When?
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

"Paranoia is the byproduct of being consistently right."