Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Amorphous Red Crystal Formations for Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
No Amorphous Red Crystal Formations for Empire

Bearwal
12.27.2011 , 11:53 PM | #1
Seriously, i've been all over Korriban & Hutta trying to see if maybe I missed them there, but there are no nodes at all on those two planets, so back to Dromund Kaas and all I can find is Blue and Green - FFS am I really only supposed to use the mission skill to find these red crystals? How come I can find blue and green in abundance all over the SEAT OF THE EMPIRE and find no red formations which are by nature meant for the dark side?
Squadron 367

Azureas
12.28.2011 , 12:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bearwal View Post
Seriously, i've been all over Korriban & Hutta trying to see if maybe I missed them there, but there are no nodes at all on those two planets, so back to Dromund Kaas and all I can find is Blue and Green - FFS am I really only supposed to use the mission skill to find these red crystals? How come I can find blue and green in abundance all over the SEAT OF THE EMPIRE and find no red formations which are by nature meant for the dark side?
Technically, Red Saber crystals are manufactured and "not" grown in nature, but thats really beside the point isn't it

But yeah, I didn't really see them either, but it's not too big a deal. You'll be beyond that tier of stuff anyway.

Also, the probable reason why you don't find red saber crystals on the empire side is that they are very very common in the gear you get at those levels. And you normally get them at the "blue" level. Green and blue saber crystals are a bit harder to find in normal empire gear, hence why the devs probably sprinkeled more of them on Dromund Kaas.
Clickclock Wood WAS my favorite zone of all time.

Bearwal
12.28.2011 , 01:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Azureas View Post
Technically, Red Saber crystals are manufactured and "not" grown in nature, but thats really beside the point isn't it

But yeah, I didn't really see them either, but it's not too big a deal. You'll be beyond that tier of stuff anyway.

Also, the probable reason why you don't find red saber crystals on the empire side is that they are very very common in the gear you get at those levels. And you normally get them at the "blue" level. Green and blue saber crystals are a bit harder to find in normal empire gear, hence why the devs probably sprinkeled more of them on Dromund Kaas.
Well all valid points, and I am actually far past them for crafting - but I'm a completionist and I'm trying to get all my patterns up to "purple" levels. Kinda crazy I know. I did however finally find one formation of red crystals, wish I could find more. Its more frustration than anything else, and I can understand seeding the other colors a little more, but to almost exclude red crystals altogether seems foolish to me. Hopefully they rebalance the pops a little, but if not it won't totally bother me, i'll just have to farm my crystals using mission skills and crystal RE'ing.
Squadron 367

Seine
12.28.2011 , 01:28 AM | #4
I actually had the same problem with green formations before I dropped Artifice. Red and blue all over but not a green to be found, as a consular this was quiet disstressing.