Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who is the worst companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who is the worst companion?

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
01.03.2018 , 01:28 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by vianiel View Post
Yeah... if he was a companion I'd vote for him as the worst. I'm glad he's not coming back.
Same here!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Asmodesu's Avatar


Asmodesu
01.03.2018 , 01:34 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Ugh I agree, I remember wondering if he was going to be around forever. I was quite relieved when they were leaving. I still cringe when I see people asking for them to be a companion, and thinking if Bioware might actually do it.

Lord help us all!!
Bowdaar is already too much wookie for me lmao.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath
referral -- FAQ

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
01.03.2018 , 03:47 AM | #53
I didn't mind Jakarro because of the droid - I thought they gave him some really funny lines. But I'm not bent out of shape about not having him back. The project he was going to work on at the end of SoR was essentially a suicide mission, and I thought that was deliberate so they would have a plausible reason for him to go away forever.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
01.03.2018 , 09:31 AM | #54
I'm the opposite. The companions I tend to use more are the one's who don't speak basic. It's one of the things I don't like about Darth Hexid; she just won't shut up. At least with Treek, Bowdaar, Blizz (one of my favorites), etc., their chatter becomes background noise I can tune out.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.03.2018 , 12:59 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
Though I don't want to play the "cougar" card with Torian, because he is entirely too young for me as a person...but there's a difference between being "like OMGAHD do you think he likes me?" "like OMGAHD should I pass him a note in study hall?" *snaps gum* sort of teeny bop, to actually being a teenager in age. Torian is a Mandalorian, and by his people's standards, he's an adult. And he acts like one. Mako...is a teeny bop...and acts...like a teeny bop.

I've noticed that a lot of the male player character LI's, other than Dorne and Kaliyo, are a little on the questionable side for me. Which is why none of my male characters romance anybody until they hit the expansion content.
You're not a cougar when it comes to Torian. The hunter has him beat by like 5-6 years tops. That is no where near cougar town.

Male Jedi knight with Kira, is the same age.

None of the PCs are made out to be old. They're highly capable 18-mid 20's characters. Which only makes sense, since this is a SW story starting out
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Dracofish's Avatar


Dracofish
01.03.2018 , 01:19 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You're not a cougar when it comes to Torian. The hunter has him beat by like 5-6 years tops. That is no where near cougar town.

Male Jedi knight with Kira, is the same age.

None of the PCs are made out to be old. They're highly capable 18-mid 20's characters. Which only makes sense, since this is a SW story starting out
I was speaking about me as a person, and me as a person is thirty six...which would very much put me in "cougar town", lol. In my head, my bounty hunter is around 24 at the start of the story. But I'm the one playing my character...and if Torian weren't written with a rather adult mind-set, I would have no interest in romancing him.

Just wanted to throw it out there that there's a pretty large reverse age gap between female Warriors and Inquisitors and their LI's. If you have a character who is in their early twenties at the start of the game, you could be looking at a 14ish year difference with Andronikos (he's 35 when you meet him) and 16ish year difference with Quinn (he's 37 when you meet him). And after a 5-year stint in carbonite (if you figure in that your character isn't physically aging during that time), you could be looking at a 19ish and 21ish year difference (eventually). It doesn't change the fact that Andronikos is my favorite LI (next to Theron), but just thought it would be interesting in terms of perspective, lol.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
01.03.2018 , 01:41 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
You're not a cougar when it comes to Torian. The hunter has him beat by like 5-6 years tops. That is no where near cougar town.

Male Jedi knight with Kira, is the same age.

None of the PCs are made out to be old. They're highly capable 18-mid 20's characters. Which only makes sense, since this is a SW story starting out
they maybe not old..but some of those flirt feel very teenagery like hell .

also check out the player who make a bearded santa and romance Kira LOL
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
01.03.2018 , 01:54 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I was speaking about me as a person, and me as a person is thirty six...which would very much put me in "cougar town", lol. In my head, my bounty hunter is around 24 at the start of the story. But I'm the one playing my character...and if Torian weren't written with a rather adult mind-set, I would have no interest in romancing him.

Just wanted to throw it out there that there's a pretty large reverse age gap between female Warriors and Inquisitors and their LI's. If you have a character who is in their early twenties at the start of the game, you could be looking at a 14ish year difference with Andronikos (he's 35 when you meet him) and 16ish year difference with Quinn (he's 37 when you meet him). And after a 5-year stint in carbonite (if you figure in that your character isn't physically aging during that time), you could be looking at a 19ish and 21ish year difference (eventually). It doesn't change the fact that Andronikos is my favorite LI (next to Theron), but just thought it would be interesting in terms of perspective, lol.
Yeah, Torian is one of the few male LIs in the game I'd actually consider pursuing, except that he's a baby. Even if one's Bounty Hunter is early 20s, it's like a college graduate dating a high school senior and there's a world of difference in maturity a lot of the time.

It IS interesting that the male LIs are all over the place in terms of ages - Quinn and Andronikos in their mid to late 30s - while IIRC ALL of the female LIs are 20 or 21, except for Kaliyo. All the male LIs also seem to be very capable at their jobs while most of the female LIs are either in need of being rescued/helped (Vette for instance who you literally free from slavery) or are conflicted and finding themselves. Bit of a power difference there.

Dracofish's Avatar


Dracofish
01.03.2018 , 02:16 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Yeah, Torian is one of the few male LIs in the game I'd actually consider pursuing, except that he's a baby. Even if one's Bounty Hunter is early 20s, it's like a college graduate dating a high school senior and there's a world of difference in maturity a lot of the time.

It IS interesting that the male LIs are all over the place in terms of ages - Quinn and Andronikos in their mid to late 30s - while IIRC ALL of the female LIs are 20 or 21, except for Kaliyo. All the male LIs also seem to be very capable at their jobs while most of the female LIs are either in need of being rescued/helped (Vette for instance who you literally free from slavery) or are conflicted and finding themselves. Bit of a power difference there.
...and then there's Corso...
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
01.03.2018 , 03:42 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I was speaking about me as a person, and me as a person is thirty six...which would very much put me in "cougar town", lol. In my head, my bounty hunter is around 24 at the start of the story. But I'm the one playing my character...and if Torian weren't written with a rather adult mind-set, I would have no interest in romancing him.

Just wanted to throw it out there that there's a pretty large reverse age gap between female Warriors and Inquisitors and their LI's. If you have a character who is in their early twenties at the start of the game, you could be looking at a 14ish year difference with Andronikos (he's 35 when you meet him) and 16ish year difference with Quinn (he's 37 when you meet him). And after a 5-year stint in carbonite (if you figure in that your character isn't physically aging during that time), you could be looking at a 19ish and 21ish year difference (eventually). It doesn't change the fact that Andronikos is my favorite LI (next to Theron), but just thought it would be interesting in terms of perspective, lol.
While I don't feel like a "cougar" at 29, I do find Torian coming across as very young. Even when the BH calls him "kid" or young and he replies with "not that young" it makes me cringe!
I WANT A MAN!! The older the better.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫