Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who is the worst companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who is the worst companion?

Dracofish
12.30.2017 , 07:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RDeanOU View Post

The inquisitor, especially the Sorcerer, is the Emperor Palpatine archetype.
At that rate, that just seems like the only connections would be black hoods and shooting lightning from ones fingers. I can make a double-bladed assassin that looks like Maul too, but the character story in itself in no way fits Maul's archetype (even though I'd venture to say that it does fit Maul more than Sidious/Palpatine).

I'll just agree to disagree...we play the game and it's characters however we want in the end.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

RDeanOU
12.30.2017 , 08:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
At that rate, that just seems like the only connections would be black hoods and shooting lightning from ones fingers. I can make a double-bladed assassin that looks like Maul too, but the character story in itself in no way fits Maul's archetype (even though I'd venture to say that it does fit Maul more than Sidious/Palpatine).

I'll just agree to disagree...we play the game and it's characters however we want in the end.
We can play the game and itís characters however we want, but itís a fact that the inquisitor was heavily inspired by Emperor Palpatine in the same way that Boba Fett inspired the Bh and Han Solo inspired the smuggler. Itís not really a matter of opinion. You can disagree all you like, it doesnít make it any less true.

Whether or not that fact makes Ashara an inappropriate companion is certainly subjective, but I think it makes the inquisitor (who is after all Sith) seem pathetic.

ZeidanDred
12.30.2017 , 09:00 PM | #23
Kaliyo. She is the most annoying companion to get along with. Please add a mission where you can put 2 shots in the back of her head.

JediAkemi
12.30.2017 , 09:05 PM | #24
Skadge.
How do I put this succinctly?
He. Should. Not. Have. Made. It. Off. Belsavis.

Lunafox
12.31.2017 , 03:50 AM | #25
Ashara, Kaliyo, Arcann and Skadge.

IoNonSoEVero
12.31.2017 , 11:45 AM | #26
It completely depends on the sort of Jedi you play. I play a Knight who becomes jaded with the Order, and flips them off in the end. She and Scourge are thick as thieves.

And Scourge is not evil. He's Sith...one doesn't have to equal the other.
I agree. I play my Jedi as a sociopath (being raised since infancy in an Order which preaches against emotions and attachment has left her without much of a conscience, and she pretty much crosses the line into out and out evil) who has grown totally disgusted and disenchanted with the Republic and the Order. Scourge actually has a normalizing influence, and is helping her grow a conscience and dial it back a bit while learning about the Sith.

Scourge is not not evil, he's pragmatic IMHO. He's working toward a goal and if working with a Jedi will get him there, he does it. Sith =/ evil at all.

JLazarillo
12.31.2017 , 12:14 PM | #27
The Skadge hate never fails to surprise me.
Like, I get how obnoxious the way he joins is. I agree up to that point, in fact. But once he does, he's just so...cheesily, sociopathically hilarious that he makes me laugh, and I love him for it. A lot of that's probably to the credit of his voice actor, but I just don't understand why people don't appreciate him for the big ball of comic violence that he is.

My votes for "worst companion" would probably go to Rusk or Broonmark, just for the sheer "why are they even there?" factor. They're just so boring, and underutilized on top of that. Didn't care much for Senya, either, who feels more like a plot device than a character (and one with rather bad voice acting, at that).

Keta
12.31.2017 , 01:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeidanDred View Post
Kaliyo. She is the most annoying companion to get along with. Please add a mission where you can put 2 shots in the back of her head.
You can.

Spoiler
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

Xilizhra
01.01.2018 , 08:09 AM | #29
Mako - I'm too old for middle-school "do you think he likes me?" "should I pass him a note in study hall?" shenanigans. He's just not that into you, teeny bop. He wants a real woman.
Er, Torian himself is a "teeny bop." In fact, he's more of one, since he's an actual teenager.

Dorne - just seriously the most miserable person I've ever tried to talk to in the game. she hates everything...or she just really needs to get laid.
Really? I never had any problems there with my Trooper.

It completely depends on the sort of Jedi you play. I play a Knight who becomes jaded with the Order, and flips them off in the end. She and Scourge are thick as thieves.

And Scourge is not evil. He's Sith...one doesn't have to equal the other.
Indeed they don't. And Lord Praven in the same story demonstrates that. Scourge, on the other hand, is pretty damn evil.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I agree. I play my Jedi as a sociopath (being raised since infancy in an Order which preaches against emotions and attachment has left her without much of a conscience, and she pretty much crosses the line into out and out evil) who has grown totally disgusted and disenchanted with the Republic and the Order. Scourge actually has a normalizing influence, and is helping her grow a conscience and dial it back a bit while learning about the Sith.

Scourge is not not evil, he's pragmatic IMHO. He's working toward a goal and if working with a Jedi will get him there, he does it. Sith =/ evil at all.
I won't say that Scourge doesn't raise some good points; he's not even that irritating to bring along, which surprised me. But he's quite callous and has very little regard for life.

As for the thread topic itself... I wish that Xalek did more, and I wish that Andronikos could be replaced with someone who actually fit into the Inquisitor's story; as it stands, he's one of its most awkward elements, being a random pirate who has no connection with its themes. Also, they overplayed Doc's douchiness.

vianiel
01.01.2018 , 10:15 AM | #30
Skadge gets mentioned enough so I'll leave him. I vote for Nadia, not hating her but the way she talks to my Consular is creepy. I even fell for her "trap" so many years ago. Argh! She was a powerhouse back then though.

Doc. Almost the same reason. DS Jaesa. Broonmark. Zenith. Khem Val.
Blog: Contains an unhealthy dose of Arcann, and some art
♥ Mini Vaylins ♥
Gav Daragon (RIP) | The Harbinger (RIP) | Ebon Hawk (RIP) | Satele Shan
Still waiting for a Zakuulan Stronghold.