Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who is the worst companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Who is the worst companion?

IoNonSoEVero
12.30.2017 , 01:16 PM | #11
Maybe it depends on the paths you take during conversations, but Ashara approves of a lot of dark side choices, accepts the Sith Code and is reciting the Sith and Jedi codes together by the time you get to Chapter 3. She doesn't go all-out insane like DS Jaesa does, but I think that's a good thing...

LS Jaesa makes me want to throw her out an airlock, though.

Dracofish
12.30.2017 , 03:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RDeanOU View Post
IAshara sticks out because she just doesn't fit with the archetype that class is supposed to represent. I'm trying to be like the emperor and I can't twist one prideful padawan to the dark side?! It makes the player character seem pathetic.
I'm not really seeing how the Inquisitor class is supposed to represent the Emperor. If that's how you want to role play it, then that's fine...but the class at its base really doesn't jive that way at all to me.

You're a slave...who trades one master for another. Then you are betrayed by your new master. Then someone else tries to kill you five minutes later...someone who declares war on you simply for existing. You work to gain a power base. You suck in some Force ghosts...who try to kill you. You cure yourself. You get involved in politics. You make friends with Darth Marr...who most definitely is not a fan of the Emperor or the concept of one person having ultimate power...

And yes, if you talk to Ashara rather than yell at her about how much Jedi suck, she does eventually start reciting the Sith Code. She's as much a "grey" character as any by the end of the class story...and who knows where that will take her later. Jaesa, on the other hand...one extreme or another. No middle ground.

In terms of companions I really dislike a whole lot and avoid using at all costs...

Mako - I'm too old for middle-school "do you think he likes me?" "should I pass him a note in study hall?" shenanigans. He's just not that into you, teeny bop. He wants a real woman.
Skadge
Dorne - just seriously the most miserable person I've ever tried to talk to in the game. she hates everything...or she just really needs to get laid.
Doc - restraining order creeper extraordinare
Tharan Cedrax - I take amusement with disliking him, but really I can't stand Holiday.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

SerraShar
12.30.2017 , 03:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracofish View Post
I'm not really seeing how the Inquisitor class is supposed to represent the Emperor. If that's how you want to role play it, then that's fine...but the class at its base really doesn't jive that way at all to me.

You're a slave...who trades one master for another. Then you are betrayed by your new master. Then someone else tries to kill you five minutes later...someone who declares war on you simply for existing. You work to gain a power base. You suck in some Force ghosts...who try to kill you. You cure yourself. You get involved in politics. You make friends with Darth Marr...who most definitely is not a fan of the Emperor or the concept of one person having ultimate power...

And yes, if you talk to Ashara rather than yell at her about how much Jedi suck, she does eventually start reciting the Sith Code. She's as much a "grey" character as any by the end of the class story...and who knows where that will take her later. Jaesa, on the other hand...one extreme or another. No middle ground.

In terms of companions I really dislike a whole lot and avoid using at all costs...

Mako - I'm too old for middle-school "do you think he likes me?" "should I pass him a note in study hall?" shenanigans. He's just not that into you, teeny bop. He wants a real woman.
Skadge
Dorne - just seriously the most miserable person I've ever tried to talk to in the game. she hates everything...or she just really needs to get laid.
Doc - restraining order creeper extraordinare
Tharan Cedrax - I take amusement with disliking him, but really I can't stand Holiday.
well it's the only class story in Makeb where your personal Quest is a hint about becoming Immortal .

So while the wrath is close to the emprore , I always saw them more like a warrior on the field (and the emprore pet) .

So I say the Inquisitor is the story that could open to becoming the next emprore .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

BlazeTomahawk
12.30.2017 , 04:34 PM | #14
Unpopular opinion here but I vote Lord Scourge. He makes just as little sense as Ashara, especially after the JK defeats th Emperor in the story. Just a Sith Lord hanging out with Jedi, unrepentant and evil

SerraShar
12.30.2017 , 04:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazeTomahawk View Post
Unpopular opinion here but I vote Lord Scourge. He makes just as little sense as Ashara, especially after the JK defeats th Emperor in the story. Just a Sith Lord hanging out with Jedi, unrepentant and evil
hopefully he get his due . That bastard killed the exile...revenge kill button PLZ!
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy

Dracofish
12.30.2017 , 04:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazeTomahawk View Post
It completely depends on the sort of Jedi you play. I play a Knight who becomes jaded with the Order, and flips them off in the end. She and Scourge are thick as thieves.

And Scourge is not evil. He's Sith...one doesn't have to equal the other.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

Dracofish
12.30.2017 , 04:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
well it's the only class story in Makeb where your personal Quest is a hint about becoming Immortal .

So while the wrath is close to the emprore , I always saw them more like a warrior on the field (and the emprore pet) .

So I say the Inquisitor is the story that could open to becoming the next emprore .
I'm pretty sure you mean Rishi?

Either way, my Inquisitor turned it down. She has no interest in immortality. She's like Mini-Marr in a lot of ways.
Me on Ao3! MelissaGT

SerraShar
12.30.2017 , 05:53 PM | #18
I'm pretty sure you mean Rishi?

Either way, my Inquisitor turned it down. She has no interest in immortality. She's like Mini-Marr in a lot of ways.
Oh yeah , Rishi..my bad lol
Balance in All Things

RDeanOU
12.30.2017 , 06:58 PM | #19

Most of the base classes in this game are inspired by archetypes we have seen in the movies. If you want to be Luke or Obi Wan you can be a Knight. If you want to be Vader you can be a Warrior. Han Solo is a smuggler, Bobba Fett is represented by the BH...etc...etc.

The inquisitor, especially the Sorcerer, is the Emperor Palpatine archetype.

Now, you can obviously play these classes in many different ways. I’m not suggesting that an inquisitor must be dark side. My point is that the inspiration for the class is that Emperor archetype that can manipulate and twist people to the dark side. Forcing a light side Jedi companion (who cannot be turned to the dark side) on that character is an inexplicable and bizarre choice that simply doesn’t fit.

TalonVII
12.30.2017 , 07:12 PM | #20
I was so happy when they gave younthe option in KOTFE
Spoiler
. Worthless frakker.

Also on that list: Rusk, Tanno Vik(hell rather have Rusk trade with Vik. Least Rusk makes sense on Havok). Ashara is a waste of space, and Zeenith. Again a waste of space.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy