Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Two Tiny (but real important) changes to GSF, please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Two Tiny (but real important) changes to GSF, please!

LordFell
12.29.2017 , 02:10 PM | #1
One:
You can't do that when you're dead.

REALLY? How shocking that being DEAD would be a bar to using an ability!!! I am utterly perplexed by this concept! I would have thought I could do all sorts of things while dead! What an utter revelation this is! Thank you for explaining in such excellent detail why my barrel roll isn't working!

...no, seriously. Usually if I'm getting this error message, it's one of those instances where my reflexes were just a bit off, or maybe my usually manageable 60ms latency slipped up to 150ms; I was alive when I hit that button, and I'm maybe a little miffed that being blown up happened in the sequence of events before the ability which I most likely expected to save my butt. Telling me it didn't work because I'm dead is both unnecessary and more than a little tilting.

If you must even provide an error message (and, really, I don't think you do) how about "abilities disabled in hangar." Or, you know, something else that doesn't make me want to punch my screen.

Two:
Post match exit delay.

Why?

WHY?

...why is this a thing?

If I want to look at the score board, I'll look at the scoreboard. If I don't... disabling the exit button for whatever it is... 8 seconds... is what? WHY? WHY MUST YOU DO THIS????
...and, before you think too deeply on why this might have been a good idea at some point, virtually any answer to this question that defends this bit of stupid, deserves a Juggernaut backhand.

...I am aware that I can hit esc and manually leave the match. I shouldn't have to. And the fact that I can is yet another reason this is a pointless, unnecessary, and frequently aggravating bit of coding.

...guess who got lit up by premades last night?

CptBananaPeeler
12.29.2017 , 09:34 PM | #2
Nice rage, kiddo

Flusssaeure
12.30.2017 , 06:00 AM | #3
Maybe the first one has something to do with how "death" works in GSF. Ever noticed that if you have to wait for the respawn that in the background you still see the spot where you died? Now did you ever died to an enemy missile sentry drone and had to wait for the respawn?
First while dead you get the missile warning and then you see the yellow beam of the missile sentry drone coming at you. That indicates that after game before respawn the game consider you to be at your point of death just unable to interact with anything. That an enemy missile sentry drone can be fooled by that is not really an argument for the missile sentry drone.

HrRav
12.30.2017 , 09:15 AM | #4
If they should fix two things then it should be

1. The component deselection bug.

2. The disappearing mousepointer if spawning then a game ends.

HrRav
12.30.2017 , 12:39 PM | #5
Yes, and one more thing:

3. The old back-filling the wrong team bug.

LordFell
12.30.2017 , 02:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CptBananaPeeler View Post
Nice rage, kiddo
Yeah, yeah, whatever...

I don't see you disagreeing with me.

...I assume the deselection bug has already been reported?

HrRav
12.31.2017 , 06:00 AM | #7
All these bugs are well-known and have been so for a long time in a galaxy right under our noses.

Flusssaeure
12.31.2017 , 07:24 AM | #8
Is the back-filing the wrong team bug still a thing? There was a patch earlier this year which made it appear in both ground PVP and GSF. However as far as I know it was fixed later and the last time I saw this bug was definetly month ago.

However the other two are definetly an issue and I would like to see them fixed.

HrRav
12.31.2017 , 07:38 AM | #9
I was the 9th player in a 9 vs 7 game yesterday evening.

Storm-Cutter
01.01.2018 , 08:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HrRav View Post
I was the 9th player in a 9 vs 7 game yesterday evening.
ever been in ground PVP? 15v8 games are not uncommon.- When most/all your own team bails as soon as you lose the second node....
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================