Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beating vaylins spirit!

Carmushroom
12.29.2017 , 12:36 PM | #1
Can someone help me beat Vaylin's spirit?! IT IS IMPOSSIBLE! I've tried everything! I've fought her and used the healing and I STILL CANT BREAK HER PAST 50% health! What the hell! Who would make a game where I don't even have 100,000 health at level 70 and make me fight someone level 70 with almost 1 MILLION health WITHOUT A COMPANION?! HELP!

JediQuaker
12.29.2017 , 01:29 PM | #2
If you get low on health, run to one of the green circles gliding around the area.

If you are OK for health, position Vaylin relative to you, so that the green circle hits her first. That will cause large damage to Vaylin.

Always stay on the "inside" of Vaylin so that any knock-back won't push you over the edge.

Be patient.

Carmushroom
12.29.2017 , 03:19 PM | #3
So basically if I get the health bar on her, it'll hurt her? And will the health spirit remain in the fight or will it dissapear?

SteveTheCynic
12.30.2017 , 06:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Carmushroom View Post
So basically if I get the health bar on her, it'll hurt her? And will the health spirit remain in the fight or will it dissapear?
The wandering green circles (if that's what you mean by "health bar") will heal you OR they will damage her (20-25% of her max health on each hit), and they disappear in either case. But, they also regenerate, so there *will* be another along that you can use either way.

Other than that:
* Gear up. Really. Get. Better. Gear. If you are below 100K health, you seriously need to improve your gear. Doing so will make you harder to kill AND make you dish out more damage.
* Learn how your class works. Read guides on e.g. dulfy.net on how your class's "rotations" (ability sequences) work, and practice them. Go to the "other" ships on the Fleet and use the training dummies, or buy the training dummy legacy perks for your class ship and go there.
* Attack her only from inside the purple circle attached to her feet or she will reflect your damage onto you.
* Gunslingers and Snipers only: use cover.
* When she slams you repeatedly into the floor and you are stunned ("Force Slam"), use your stun breaker ability ("Purges incapacitating effects" on the tooltip) to escape. Critical piece: DO NOT USE YOUR STUN BREAKER FOR ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS FIGHT or it will be on cooldown when she does Force Slam, and you will die.
* When she curls up into a ball and floats with a ten second cast bar, RUN AWAY. She is casting a big huge enormous knock-back, and if it goes off, you stand a good chance of being thrown off the allod(1) and if this happens, you will die. There is a (large) red circle on the ground, with a little (mid-calf high) red fence at the edge. Get out of this circle to avoid the knockback. Force Speed or similar abilities help, but even classes without one can do it.
* If you do get knocked back and you don't fall off the edge (maybe you hit a wall / the side of the stairs, maybe you were just lucky about the direction you went), you will be stunned for a few seconds. DO NOT USE YOUR STUN BREAKER TO BREAK THIS STUN.
* Watch her as well as your ability bars, or you will not see the curl-in-a-ball thing until it is too late.
* Classes with healing specs: you have healing abilities, even in DPS spec. Use them.
* Classes with reflector-bubble abilities: use them.

For the next character you take into this fight, bear in mind that it is one of the few places in the game that punishes a light-side decision. Unfortunately for your current character, that decision is in Chapter VII of KotET, on Nathema.

(1) Allod: an island in the sky, a key feature of the Russian MMORPG Allods Online, where pretty much the entirety of the game (except ship-to-ship combat) takes place on allods of one sort or another, and falling off an allod is fatal.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

wmtyrance
01.02.2018 , 01:39 PM | #5
I didn't even bother fighting her. I just dragged her into the healing circles and it was over quick. They heal you and damage her.