Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unbridled Rage Star Wars TLJ

HuaRya
12.29.2017 , 09:20 AM | #1
For those who don't understand why fans don't like TLJ this youtube rant pretty much encapsulates all of it. If you watch it comment below this guys observations are spot on.

Spoilers:
https://youtu.be/9QJRw56cOVw

TalonVII
12.29.2017 , 09:39 AM | #2
Again, too many preconceived notions, expectations fans made that they basically demanded be met.

Honestly all this rage, it's ALL on the shoulders of the fans who over analyzed, overhyped and then didn't get exactly what they wanted on a point by point basis.

Now don't get me wrong. There are some legitimate griped about the movie, but overall, just a bunch of grown people having a child temper tantrum.

And that's all it is.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DarthDymond
12.29.2017 , 09:58 AM | #3
Forgot my headphones, so can't listen to this at work -- is this one of those videos that uncomfortably reinforce all the negative "basement dweller" and "nerd rage" stereotypes about Star Wars fans?

You know, one that makes you want to ask the dude to step outdoors into some sunlight just to take a breath and get some semblance of perspective.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

AlienEyeTX
12.29.2017 , 10:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Forgot my headphones, so can't listen to this at work -- is this one of those videos that uncomfortably reinforce all the negative "basement dweller" and "nerd rage" stereotypes about Star Wars fans?

You know, one that makes you want to ask the dude to step outdoors into some sunlight just to take a breath and get some semblance of perspective.
Pretty much. I could only listen to a few minutes of it.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

DarthDymond
12.29.2017 , 11:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Ugh, that's a shame -- whenever I see one of those, my default reaction is to hope the guy is just doing a performance piece / parody. And then it always makes me a little sad inside to realize, again and again, that's usually not the case.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

NuSeC
12.29.2017 , 01:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
A few minutes is why you will never care to understand why others do not like it. You dan't want to hear it.
3 server merges and a transfer later...
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
GM of <Blue Milk Dairy Farmers>
Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Bigolcritties - Sorc

AlienEyeTX
12.29.2017 , 03:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
A few minutes is why you will never care to understand why others do not like it. You dan't want to hear it.
I listened to enough to understand what he was saying and doing. It was a poorly presented rage/rant. His points were not well-thought out or articulated well. It was just a juvenile, profanity-laced tirade.

He is, of course, entitled to his opinion. Just as I am entitled to not listen to or agree with his opinion.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

jarjarloves
12.29.2017 , 07:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post

yes but he has a British accent so he must be right!

I got to the part where he complains about the bombers with out knowing that there were Bombers in Empire or the fact that star wars space battles were always based on WW2 dogfights.

oh my... the guy has a 11 part series (each part 30mins) crituqiing Outlast. basement dweller to the extreme.

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"

annabethchase
12.29.2017 , 11:03 PM | #9
The vast majority of fans do like it. Luke is my all time favorite character, my favorite character in anything not just Star Wars, and I'm still a massive fan of this movie.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

DenariusJay
12.30.2017 , 12:21 AM | #10
Even though I agree with some of his points - the fact is this: you can take every single SW movies and make these exact same rant videos.

All the SW movies are littered with ridiculous assumptions and plot holes the size of the grand canyon. See even though his rant may have some validity, it doesn't diminish the enjoyment factor of the TLJ one iota - the movie did what every other damn SW movie did: mainly, it provided entertainment, good action, funny humor and some interesting plot twist, even if presented in a bad way. But this is how all the rest of the SW movies are. So really I don't get why this guy is so mad at TLJ when all the other movies are just as bad tbh.

People take SW way too seriously. It was never meant to be this serious. Too many snowflakes with a microphone and audience these days.

I still enjoyed the movie, and this rant didn't change my opinion or enjoyment factor.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington